Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[23 Nov 12] cLK

OP Rick_1995

9th June 2011, 12:19 AM   |  #11  
Senior Member
Flag Kozani
Thanks Meter: 297
 
1,139 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2007
if you find a way to install with clk and recovery at once from sd card method (leoimg.nbh) it would be awesome to be able to change on the road between wm and nand android
9th June 2011, 01:13 AM   |  #12  
sbryan12144's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 4,301
 
1,973 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
More
It's a shame you're not going to support RMNET. The data stability with PPP seems to a minus. I know cedesmith (at one time) was deving for RMNET support, but I doubt it'll get there now. Still though, cLK is a great bootloader. Keep up the great work (if there is any left).

-Bryan
9th June 2011, 01:51 AM   |  #13  
white-energy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag L'viv
Thanks Meter: 217
 
616 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Can't cotulla provide the source script of RMNET ?
9th June 2011, 02:02 AM   |  #14  
arif-ali's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 1,641
 
1,001 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by white-energy

Can't cotulla provide the source script of RMNET ?

This has been already been mentioned in the other thread, He will not provide it, and it was taken apparently by hacking out the radio code.

I think a few people have asked the question, and there is no chance that he will provide his code, this is a similar issue that people are having where Cotulla is developing magldr on other devices, it is all closed-source.

FYI, cedesmith may have said that he was going to do it in the early days when he was doing cLK, but when he had discussions with cotulla, and him not providing the code, and how it was working, he decided not to try to implement even if he could.
The Following User Says Thank You to arif-ali For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th June 2011, 02:17 AM   |  #15  
white-energy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag L'viv
Thanks Meter: 217
 
616 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arif-ali

This has been already been mentioned in the other thread, He will not provide it, and it was taken apparently by hacking out the radio code.

I think a few people have asked the question, and there is no chance that he will provide his code, this is a similar issue that people are having where Cotulla is developing magldr on other devices, it is all closed-source.

FYI, cedesmith may have said that he was going to do it in the early days when he was doing cLK, but when he had discussions with cotulla, and him not providing the code, and how it was working, he decided not to try to implement even if he could.

Oh no! alright i have an idea! (shinny lamp =P) lets hijack Cotulla's computer and get everything he has closed-sourced and make it open-sourced =P
9th June 2011, 06:02 AM   |  #16  
jhr5474's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Albany, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 298
 
946 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
More
Question HELP
this is the first time I have ever tried to compile a kernel. I know sdk pretty well but compiling this kernel and the directions that have been provided are confusing to me.
Step 3: Compile cLK
Now you can compile by running the following command

Code:
export PATH=$HOME/arm-2009q3/bin:$PATH
cd cLK
./compile clean

I have entered these in Cygwin the first line I am a little lost on? I entered export c:/cygwin/home/HD2/cLK=$HOME/arm-2009q3/bin:$c:/cygwin/home/HD2/cLK

i get bash: export: c:/cygwin/home/HD2/cLK=$HOME/arm-2009q3/bin:$c:/cygwin/home/HD2/cLK
/cLK' not a valid identifier

I have no idea what that means can anyone help?
9th June 2011, 12:35 PM   |  #17  
Senior Member
Flag Hollywood
Thanks Meter: 73
 
434 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhr5474

this is the first time I have ever tried to compile a kernel. I know sdk pretty well but compiling this kernel and the directions that have been provided are confusing to me.
Step 3: Compile cLK
Now you can compile by running the following command

Code:
export PATH=$HOME/arm-2009q3/bin:$PATH
cd cLK
./compile clean

I have entered these in Cygwin the first line I am a little lost on? I entered export c:/cygwin/home/HD2/cLK=$HOME/arm-2009q3/bin:$c:/cygwin/home/HD2/cLK

i get bash: export: c:/cygwin/home/HD2/cLK=$HOME/arm-2009q3/bin:$c:/cygwin/home/HD2/cLK
/cLK' not a valid identifier

I have no idea what that means can anyone help?

you need the actual word "PATH", don't replace it

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA Premium App
9th June 2011, 03:09 PM   |  #18  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
CLK over MAGLDR
I was having problem with my NAND Android phone with MAGLDR bootloader. The problem was my phone is unreachable while it is screen off/sleep mode. There is no problem when the screen is on. I tried different versions of Android with all the recommended settings. There is an exemption for Windows 7 mobile, it was OK even when in sleep mode. Two days ago I started using CLK boot loader, and I never had this problem again. To confirm I tried various versions of android including doubleshot and kingdom with sense 3. The only problem I think is the unstable PPP internet connection. MAGLDR was good with its RMNET connection.

Anybody else observed this? Any comments or advise?
j4n87
9th June 2011, 03:15 PM   |  #19  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkutty

I was having problem with my NAND Android phone with MAGLDR bootloader. The problem was my phone is unreachable while it is screen off/sleep mode. There is no problem when the screen is on. I tried different versions of Android with all the recommended settings. There is an exemption for Windows 7 mobile, it was OK even when in sleep mode. Two days ago I started using CLK boot loader, and I never had this problem again. To confirm I tried various versions of android including doubleshot and kingdom with sense 3. The only problem I think is the unstable PPP internet connection. MAGLDR was good with its RMNET connection.

Anybody else observed this? Any comments or advise?

Already tested the two ril wrappers? beta4 seems to be the best for most of the people.

Using the beta4 wrapper since its out (end of april) and my data connection didn't drop one time.
9th June 2011, 06:17 PM   |  #20  
stirkac's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag the Internet
Thanks Meter: 252
 
759 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
More
so it's arif taking over the wheel now? i hope to c somethin' going on in here...
maybe clk with recovery preinstalled?


i was thinking yesterday, what if we would do a check of partitions on cLK start:

1.so if /recovery is empty, we fire up fastboot and give a hint in last line what to do-after fastboot: processing commands
if it just goes to -suspend- than write a line to say "please connect to usb or install fastboot drivers"
2.and when /system is empty, it drops you to recovery.

i thnk that would be possible in couple of lines (but don't take me 100% because i'm yet to see cLK source..i hate VM's + i don't have much space on regular drive to spare)

The Following User Says Thank You to stirkac For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
1.5, bootloader, clk, hd2, little kernel
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes