Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,761 Members 42,054 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[23 Nov 12] cLK

Tip us?

clio94
Old
Thanks Meter 297
if you find a way to install with clk and recovery at once from sd card method (leoimg.nbh) it would be awesome to be able to change on the road between wm and nand android

sbryan12144
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4295

DONATE TO ME
It's a shame you're not going to support RMNET. The data stability with PPP seems to a minus. I know cedesmith (at one time) was deving for RMNET support, but I doubt it'll get there now. Still though, cLK is a great bootloader. Keep up the great work (if there is any left).

-Bryan
Devices:
T-Mobile HTC One-Daily Device
Verizon HTC Droid DNA-Development Device
Verizon HTC Thunderbolt-Development Device
T-Mobile HTC HD2-Development Device

white-energy
Old
Thanks Meter 216
Can't cotulla provide the source script of RMNET ?

"If you cannot find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?" ~Dogen

arif-ali
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1639

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by white-energy View Post
Can't cotulla provide the source script of RMNET ?
This has been already been mentioned in the other thread, He will not provide it, and it was taken apparently by hacking out the radio code.

I think a few people have asked the question, and there is no chance that he will provide his code, this is a similar issue that people are having where Cotulla is developing magldr on other devices, it is all closed-source.

FYI, cedesmith may have said that he was going to do it in the early days when he was doing cLK, but when he had discussions with cotulla, and him not providing the code, and how it was working, he decided not to try to implement even if he could.
Phones: HTC HD2 (EU) (leo) | HTC One (m7ul) | Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (I9305)
Tablets: Nexus 7

If my post helped you, don't say thanks, click the Thanks button.
The Following User Says Thank You to arif-ali For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

white-energy
Old
Thanks Meter 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by arif-ali View Post
This has been already been mentioned in the other thread, He will not provide it, and it was taken apparently by hacking out the radio code.

I think a few people have asked the question, and there is no chance that he will provide his code, this is a similar issue that people are having where Cotulla is developing magldr on other devices, it is all closed-source.

FYI, cedesmith may have said that he was going to do it in the early days when he was doing cLK, but when he had discussions with cotulla, and him not providing the code, and how it was working, he decided not to try to implement even if he could.
Oh no! alright i have an idea! (shinny lamp =P) lets hijack Cotulla's computer and get everything he has closed-sourced and make it open-sourced =P

"If you cannot find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?" ~Dogen

jhr5474
Old
Thanks Meter 250

DONATE TO ME
Question HELP

this is the first time I have ever tried to compile a kernel. I know sdk pretty well but compiling this kernel and the directions that have been provided are confusing to me.
Step 3: Compile cLK
Now you can compile by running the following command

Code:
export PATH=$HOME/arm-2009q3/bin:$PATH
cd cLK
./compile clean

I have entered these in Cygwin the first line I am a little lost on? I entered export c:/cygwin/home/HD2/cLK=$HOME/arm-2009q3/bin:$c:/cygwin/home/HD2/cLK

i get bash: export: c:/cygwin/home/HD2/cLK=$HOME/arm-2009q3/bin:$c:/cygwin/home/HD2/cLK
/cLK' not a valid identifier

I have no idea what that means can anyone help?
Sprint LG G2!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE THANKS BUTTON IS ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!

wolfpack612
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhr5474 View Post
this is the first time I have ever tried to compile a kernel. I know sdk pretty well but compiling this kernel and the directions that have been provided are confusing to me.
Step 3: Compile cLK
Now you can compile by running the following command

Code:
export PATH=$HOME/arm-2009q3/bin:$PATH
cd cLK
./compile clean

I have entered these in Cygwin the first line I am a little lost on? I entered export c:/cygwin/home/HD2/cLK=$HOME/arm-2009q3/bin:$c:/cygwin/home/HD2/cLK

i get bash: export: c:/cygwin/home/HD2/cLK=$HOME/arm-2009q3/bin:$c:/cygwin/home/HD2/cLK
/cLK' not a valid identifier

I have no idea what that means can anyone help?
you need the actual word "PATH", don't replace it

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA Premium App
Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Radio: UVBMD1
ROM: Stock rooted deodexed UVBMD1
Kernel: SaberKernel 32.2

alexkutty
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default CLK over MAGLDR

I was having problem with my NAND Android phone with MAGLDR bootloader. The problem was my phone is unreachable while it is screen off/sleep mode. There is no problem when the screen is on. I tried different versions of Android with all the recommended settings. There is an exemption for Windows 7 mobile, it was OK even when in sleep mode. Two days ago I started using CLK boot loader, and I never had this problem again. To confirm I tried various versions of android including doubleshot and kingdom with sense 3. The only problem I think is the unstable PPP internet connection. MAGLDR was good with its RMNET connection.

Anybody else observed this? Any comments or advise?
j4n87 Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkutty View Post
I was having problem with my NAND Android phone with MAGLDR bootloader. The problem was my phone is unreachable while it is screen off/sleep mode. There is no problem when the screen is on. I tried different versions of Android with all the recommended settings. There is an exemption for Windows 7 mobile, it was OK even when in sleep mode. Two days ago I started using CLK boot loader, and I never had this problem again. To confirm I tried various versions of android including doubleshot and kingdom with sense 3. The only problem I think is the unstable PPP internet connection. MAGLDR was good with its RMNET connection.

Anybody else observed this? Any comments or advise?
Already tested the two ril wrappers? beta4 seems to be the best for most of the people.

Using the beta4 wrapper since its out (end of april) and my data connection didn't drop one time.

stirkac
Old
Thanks Meter 251
so it's arif taking over the wheel now? i hope to c somethin' going on in here...
maybe clk with recovery preinstalled?

i was thinking yesterday, what if we would do a check of partitions on cLK start:

1.so if /recovery is empty, we fire up fastboot and give a hint in last line what to do-after fastboot: processing commands
if it just goes to -suspend- than write a line to say "please connect to usb or install fastboot drivers"
2.and when /system is empty, it drops you to recovery.

i thnk that would be possible in couple of lines (but don't take me 100% because i'm yet to see cLK source..i hate VM's + i don't have much space on regular drive to spare)

The Following User Says Thank You to stirkac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
1.5, bootloader, clk, hd2, little kernel