[FIX] Restore swype on any G2x custom rom
Attached is a flashable zip of the Swype.apk and library file from the stock G2x rom. Now before anyone cries foul, Swype is ok with using the stock files in any custom rom as long as the device in question has Swype by default and they are not modified in any way.
There's always the sign up for the beta argument, but you can only change your device that many times before they deny you. So if you are like me with numerous devices, you'd rather have the stock Swype
* This zip is intended for G2x use only. It'll likely not function on any other device.
* Flash with Clockworkmod Recovery.
* No wiping is needed
* Tested on fauxs AOSP rom, it should work on CM7 as well.
* Standard disclaimer: I take no responsibility for what happens to your phone if you do something wrong. It's highly unlikely anything will happen, but you know the drill.
Thanks to Mr. Clown for giving the ok. Of course, if Swype changes their minds about this, I'll edit this thread.
Droid Hype - Twitter - Google+
* Samsung Galaxy S3 d2vzw - Slim - BMS
* Asus Nexus 7 - TeamEOS Nightly - Trinity
BMS AOSP 4.2/4.3 Kernel
* [d2vzw / d2usc]
* [d2att] / [d2tmo]