Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Any T-Mobile Stores Confirm Sale Date Prior to 6/15? [Some Walmarts selling 6/8]

OP cmylxgo

7th June 2011, 07:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,025

1,672 posts
I've made a few calls to some Metro Detroit T-Mobile Stores and all of them told me June 15th. Has anyone got confirmation from their local T-Mobile store will have it on-sale any soon?

Also, any info on how to find the Select Walmarts on June 12th? Wonder if that means 12:01am you can get it at a 24hrs store.

I will be getting one of these bad boys as soon as I possibly can

-CMYLXGO

UPDATE 6/8/2011: It appears that Walmart stores that have inventory are selling them for $600 off contract and $148.88 for 2-Year contract.

UPDATE 6/12/2011: Here is a PDF print out of the Walmart Ad showing the price at $148.88 for those that want to try and price match incase their local Walmart is out of stock due to this post on XDA
Last edited by cmylxgo; 13th June 2011 at 05:56 AM.
7th June 2011, 07:13 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 40

647 posts
this the kind of thread people lash at you lol. You called ths stores like I did and they said the 15th.... xda isnt gonna be able to tell you different.. i would just look @ tmobile news via droiddog dot come and call your local stores friday saturday and sunday and the days prior to the 15th... good luck.. i want it bad too!
7th June 2011, 07:22 PM   |  #3  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 6

177 posts
I went to my local T-Mobile store and they also would only disclose June 15th as the go-live date for the Sensation @ T-Mobile Stores.

However, he showed me their Sensation display phone and said that they were receiving boxes (6/5) that were shrink wrapped and labeled do not open till 6/8. He couldn't confirm but he thinks its marketing/advertising stuff and that's when they need to start putting up the marketing and display material up in their store.

In checking out the demo phone (not working) and actually holding it in my hand, the feel and look of the phone are pretty sweet!
Last edited by recondo1202; 7th June 2011 at 07:25 PM.
7th June 2011, 07:29 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

1,672 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepinmyworld

this the kind of thread people lash at you lol. You called ths stores like I did and they said the 15th.... xda isnt gonna be able to tell you different.. i would just look @ tmobile news via droiddog dot come and call your local stores friday saturday and sunday and the days prior to the 15th... good luck.. i want it bad too!

Well...let me set my track record here first...

I was able to get my TouchPro2 2 days early by heading to some select BestBuy stores that had inventory on hand and was willing to sell it. It was a thread just like this that made it possible.

I was also able to get my HD2 2 or 3 days early by calling several local T-Mobile stores. The store I went to said...if the phone is in the system and I have the unit in hand they will sell it. And they did.

So...this is a usefull thread if indeed the phones get sold prior to June 15th. The sooner I get a phone, the sooner I will be able to release a tested ROM or Add-ON.

-CMY
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cmylxgo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th June 2011, 07:52 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 8

107 posts
More
Out of the 8 local stores I called, one confirmed that they would have them tomorrow June 8. So I'll be there first thing tomorrow and picking one up. Hopefully they stick to their word..

EDIT: Well damn it, I called again to double check and wouldn't you know it, they changed the date to 15th.. Two locations initially said 8th now the 15th.. FFUUU
Last edited by Chris19145; 7th June 2011 at 08:11 PM.
7th June 2011, 07:55 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 40

647 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmylxgo

Well...let me set my track record here first...

I was able to get my TouchPro2 2 days early by heading to some select BestBuy stores that had inventory on hand and was willing to sell it. It was a thread just like this that made it possible.

I was also able to get my HD2 2 or 3 days early by calling several local T-Mobile stores. The store I went to said...if the phone is in the system and I have the unit in hand they will sell it. And they did.

So...this is a usefull thread if indeed the phones get sold prior to June 15th. The sooner I get a phone, the sooner I will be able to release a tested ROM or Add-ON.

-CMY

Nice! i am rally anxious for it. Keep watching videos and about to make a 10 minute call around to stores lol
7th June 2011, 07:56 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 28

253 posts
I went to pay my bill the day before the 6/15 announcement and the guy said th 8th and showed me the dummy model. I called back after the announcement and the person (not the same one) said they don't know. I'll be at the store when it opens tomorrow...it's in walking distance.
m
7th June 2011, 07:57 PM   |  #8  
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 59

639 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris19145

Out of the 8 local stores I called, one confirmed that they would have them tomorrow June 8. So I'll be there first thing tomorrow and picking one up. Hopefully they stick to their word..

Hey Chris, where are you located?

Hey guys, when letting us know of your calls and confirmations and whatnot... can you please list your location so it would help fellow XDAers outs?
Last edited by caliber177; 7th June 2011 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Thought of something else
7th June 2011, 08:31 PM   |  #9  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 63

595 posts
More
I just called a local store in a high-end location and was told "it's either coming out on June 8th or June 15th".
7th June 2011, 08:39 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

1,672 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbkny

I just called a local store in a high-end location and was told "it's either coming out on June 8th or June 15th".

That is some BS...If it was coming out on the 8th they would know today since they would need to be ready for it tomorrow morning. Morons!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread