Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,962 Members 39,332 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Do you have dust under your screen?
Yes - on the right hand side in the middle 73 36.87%
Yes - other random place 59 29.80%
No 66 33.33%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Dust underneath the screen - manufacturing defect

Tip us?

tony.wheeler
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phateless View Post
Was this for free or did they charge you anything?

Sent from my Sensation using xda premium
It was completely free under the standard (UK HTC) 2 year warranty. In fact HTC even paid UPS to collect the handset at their cost. The only cost to me was 3.5 days without my Sensation.
Tony
HTC One
Android Revolution HD
The Following User Says Thank You to tony.wheeler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Phateless
Old
Thanks Meter 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony.wheeler View Post
It was completely free under the standard (UK HTC) 2 year warranty. In fact HTC even paid UPS to collect the handset at their cost. The only cost to me was 3.5 days without my Sensation.
Thanks, I might have to look into this.

Sent from my Sensation using xda premium
-Joshua
All you need to get a firm solar iQuote is an internet connection and 3 minutes.
http://www.sungevity.com/get-your-iq...@sungevity.com

Dropbox FTW http://db.tt/sQjzpz9
2D Gallery! - http://www.mediafire.com/?mzmjmkzmyxj

myTouch 4G Links:
PD15IMG.zip (2.2.1)
DISPLAY TEST

mage3
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mage3 View Post
Bought my sensation in july 2011 and still no dust under glass whatsoever. The thing is I've been using a case since 2 weeks in from the purchase. The case is some kind of silicone rubbery stuff and is not exactly snug fit, but still covers the screen edges.

I have no warranty on the phone though, as i bought it from amazon dealer in the US and now Im back home in Bulgaria. My question is - is the dust under screen inevitable, or only small percentage of handsets get it? Because I really don't want to figure out where to send it for repairs and how much it will cost.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using XDA
Please guys, I don't have access to warranty here, so its really important for me to know what is the chance of this happening.

crisisinthecity
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by laxin View Post
first i had a sensation with an acer screen which got dust underneath, it was also somehow a low quality unit and i really didn't like it, i went back to the store where i bought it and told them about the problems i had with the phone. they replaced it with another one and the first thing i immediately realized was how beautiful the screen quality was on the new one. the second unit had a sharp panel and none of the problems which i mentioned before. therefore my conclusion is, that the units with an acer panel are lower quality than the ones with a sharp panel
Not true. I have had phones with both panels and both had dust. Sharp is more true colors and the Acer is over saturated. I actually prefer the Acer. Sharp looks dull to me.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G with Beats Audio using xda premium
HTC Sensation TMOUS- Gimme an unlocked bootloader
HTC HD2- CMYLXGO Stock Desire Nand 1.1.18 w/ 2.15 Radio

crisisinthecity
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by mage3 View Post
Please guys, I don't have access to warranty here, so its really important for me to know what is the chance of this happening.
Do the silicon seal and never look back.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G with Beats Audio using xda premium
HTC Sensation TMOUS- Gimme an unlocked bootloader
HTC HD2- CMYLXGO Stock Desire Nand 1.1.18 w/ 2.15 Radio
The Following User Says Thank You to crisisinthecity For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Randomtxtr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Are there any users from India who faced this issue? What did you guys do about it? Were you asked to take it to a service center near your place? The thing is, the service center here is far far off, it's in another city :|. Thanks in advance!

mrsatan
Old
Thanks Meter 426
I debated getting a sensation as they had them on sale on Negri, but this dust problem kept me from doing it. I know you can seal the screen with silicone, but I always thought it was stupid that you had to do such a thing for an expensive phone. I ended up not buying it. Still wondering if I should have gone for it or not.

manishimo
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsatan View Post
I debated getting a sensation as they had them on sale on Negri, but this dust problem kept me from doing it. I know you can seal the screen with silicone, but I always thought it was stupid that you had to do such a thing for an expensive phone. I ended up not buying it. Still wondering if I should have gone for it or not.
in us and this hasn't happened to me. It may or may not so it depends on your luck.

blast1987
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Hello, i want to tell you my story.

After 4 months, my Sensation started to have the "dust problem under the screen" and the sound speaker distorced at higher levels problem.
So i decided to send it to HTC, my warranty was still ON.
Today after 10 days i received it back, and it has THE SAME PROBLEMS as before.
They did absolutely nothing and i'm so disappointed about HTC.
My speaker is still distorced at higher volumes, the screen still has dust inside the screen, nothing changed.
I'm really angry, i've read in this forum that most people who sent their sensation back got the screen repaired and the dust problem gone, but that's not my case.
I'm going to call them again today, i hope i can solve something.

EDIT: the only thing they did was a Software Update. But i already had the latest Update !! WTF.

TP-Power
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Sent my phone in like 3 months ago for repair because it had dust underneeth the screen. Now guess what: the problem is back! Noticing the first spots of dust on the top.
Device history: Nokia 3310 - Sony Ericsson k750i - Samsung F480 - HTC Touch HD - HTC Desire (amoled) - HTC Sensation
Current device: HTC One S