Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 52,214 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help! Did I brick my TF within an hour of getting it ?!?! :(

Tip us?
 
timekillerj
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 63
Join Date: Sep 2008
Default Help! Did I brick my TF within an hour of getting it ?!?! :(

I just got my transformer, and tried upgrading to 3.1 (official, not primordial). I downloaded EP101_SDUPDATE.zip, put it on the tablet, rebooted into recovery etc. On reboot, it's not getting past the EEE pad ASUS screen. If I hold the power, it powers off and comes right back on. If I hold the down volume, it gives me the RCK option, but after I hit vol up it gets stuck on "Booting recovery kernel image". If I wait and choose the wipe option I get Magic value mismatch and some garbage after.

I tried adb, but it doesn't show any devices attached. Plugging in the usb, windows doesn't even indicate a device has been attached

Is there anything I can do? Please don't tell me I've already bricked this thing ...
 
jtn7040
Old
#2  
jtn7040's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 287
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Arlington, tx
do you have a microsd card in the slot.... or did u try to instal taht update directly from the transformer harddrive ie.. /mnt/sdcard/
follow me on twitter = Jtn7040
also check out my show The MeJ
Nexus S ftw
 
timekillerj
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 63
Join Date: Sep 2008
I installed from internal memory (/sdcard), but I also have a micro sd card if needed.
 
baseballfanz
Old
#4  
baseballfanz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1709
Posts: 6,689
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sugar Land TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by timekillerj View Post
I installed from internal memory (/sdcard), but I also have a micro sd card if needed.
The update file need to be on the REMOVABLE micro sd card.
**************
 
timekillerj
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 63
Join Date: Sep 2008
Ok, I may have had the micro sd card in at the time, the first doc I read said to copy the update zip to internal memory, so I used the micro sd to copy it there. That doesn't really help me with my current situation though. I have the micro sd in, but trying to enter RCK hangs on "Booting recovery kernel image" and goes no further. After more testing and reading I found I can enter the nvflash mode (vol up + power), but that doesn't seem to get me any closer to unbricking this thing.

Anyone ? starting to get worried I'm screwed here.
 
ericc191
Old
#6  
ericc191's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 118
Posts: 1,988
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Davis, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by timekillerj View Post
Ok, I may have had the micro sd card in at the time, the first doc I read said to copy the update zip to internal memory, so I used the micro sd to copy it there. That doesn't really help me with my current situation though. I have the micro sd in, but trying to enter RCK hangs on "Booting recovery kernel image" and goes no further. After more testing and reading I found I can enter the nvflash mode (vol up + power), but that doesn't seem to get me any closer to unbricking this thing.

Anyone ? starting to get worried I'm screwed here.
If you cannot fix it, simply exchange it.
My Optimized Honeycomb Wallpaper Packs

Current: AT&T HTC One X (White)
Backup: Still Deciding
Last Resort: Samsung Slider
 
keroppilee
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 144
Join Date: Apr 2011
take that zip file and put it on the root (top directory) of your sd card then do the power plus down volume then up volume and it should upgrade to 3.1
 
idlefrog
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 67
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by keroppilee View Post
take that zip file and put it on the root (top directory) of your sd card then do the power plus down volume then up volume and it should upgrade to 3.1
Do what he said.


Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium App
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - not rooted yet.
 
xformulax
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 230
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by keroppilee View Post
take that zip file and put it on the root (top directory) of your sd card then do the power plus down volume then up volume and it should upgrade to 3.1
no reason this shouldnt work...
 
timekillerj
Old
#10  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 63
Join Date: Sep 2008
Except that it doesn't work. As I said in my initial post, if I try to flash now, I get to the "Booting recovery kernel image" and it gets stuck there

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...