Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,208 Members 38,502 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC G2 1800 mah Mugen Power battery review and progress

Tip us?

taob
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Oh, and if you do have live wallpaper running, I recommend leaving the phone at the home screen (so the live wallpaper is showing), then running 'top' via adb so you can see just how much CPU it consumes. I was surprised to see many of them keep the CPU at over 80%, some at close to 100%. I have two on my DZ that only consume 5-7% CPU, and that's at 245 MHz (Crazy Colours and Rays of Light).

Jandyman
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by taob View Post
240 mA sounds reasonable if you have the display brightness turned up all the way, and perhaps a live wallpaper running. I assume you have a rooted phone and have busybox installed. Try opening a terminal window (Terminal or ConnectBot apps, or adb in from your PC) and run /system/xbin/top to show processes that are consuming CPU. Spikes in power usage are likely background sync or other network I/O.
I have a rooted phone yes. But I don't have busybox installed and the brightness is at lowest without flicker . .about a fifth of full brightness. And I'm using umarokernal, I might flash another to see if there's any change.
Phone:HTC One (M7)
Rom: ViperOne 4.4.2 with Sense 6
Previous Devices:
  • HTC Touch pro 2
  • HTC Desire Z
  • HTC Sensation

TUMBLR: http://jandyman.tumblr.com/
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/#!/Jandyman95

poormanq45
Old
Thanks Meter 3
First report.

I disconnected the phone before leaving for work.

I used the phone like normal. Probably ~50 texts. 25 web pages. 30 minutes of angry birds. Oh, and cell service is terrible. Fluctuating from G to E most of the time with the rare 3g and H.

After an 8 hour day + 1 hour commute I got home with a ~60%.

A little bit more angry birds. About 30 minutes.

Anyways, let it sit over night and then more normal use.

The battery last 33 hours an ~ 30 minutes.

For reference, after a normal day at work the battery would be in the 20% range and hit single digits before bedtime at ~11pm. So, ~16 hours.

Note, I disabled the <40% profile with the new battery that clocks it to 200/800. So it was running full out the whole time!

So far this battery has given me a lot more confidence. I even went out of the house without a charger today!

sent from my G2 running CM7 nightly
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZilverZurfarn View Post
You don't need a 40 kB+ script to enable swap - It's just 1-2 lines of code (provided you have a swap partition as your 3rd partition on the SD card):

Code:
swapon /dev/block/mmcblk0p3
sysctl -w vm.swappiness=40

malloy0
Old
Thanks Meter 27
poormanq45,

Thanks.

Can you post a link on where you got this and the cost?

Also, does it fit with the standard phone back?

malloy0

Quote:
Originally Posted by poormanq45 View Post
First report.

I disconnected the phone before leaving for work.

I used the phone like normal. Probably ~50 texts. 25 web pages. 30 minutes of angry birds. Oh, and cell service is terrible. Fluctuating from G to E most of the time with the rare 3g and H.

After an 8 hour day + 1 hour commute I got home with a ~60%.

A little bit more angry birds. About 30 minutes.

Anyways, let it sit over night and then more normal use.

The battery last 33 hours an ~ 30 minutes.

For reference, after a normal day at work the battery would be in the 20% range and hit single digits before bedtime at ~11pm. So, ~16 hours.

Note, I disabled the <40% profile with the new battery that clocks it to 200/800. So it was running full out the whole time!

So far this battery has given me a lot more confidence. I even went out of the house without a charger today!

We judge ourselves by our intentions, others judge us by our behaviors

Diggin my HTC Desire Z, my HTC Jetstream tablet and my iPhone4S...on AT&T

poormanq45
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by malloy0 View Post
poormanq45,

Thanks.

Can you post a link on where you got this and the cost?

Also, does it fit with the standard phone back?

malloy0
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050MUSLY

They are currently showing unavailable.

Here is a single chitech 1900
http://www.amazon.com/CHICHITEC-Batt...3511949&sr=1-4

Here's a 2 pack with charger:
http://www.amazon.com/CHICHITEC-Batt...3512005&sr=1-3

Apparently the Chitechs are supposed to be a better brand name then the Ankers that I got. I'm showing that the Anker is giving a huge improvement over stock. So I can only figure that the Chitechs would give at least the same improvement.

Yes, the standard back fits. It snaps shut with normal force. There is a little bit of a lip on three sides. If you press on the back a little bit it'll make the lip very small.
Quote:
You don't need a 40 kB+ script to enable swap - It's just 1-2 lines of code (provided you have a swap partition as your 3rd partition on the SD card):

Code:
The Following User Says Thank You to poormanq45 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

malloy0
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Thanks. I ordered the chitech 1900 from amazon. $23 delivered. Hope it works well for me like the Anker did for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poormanq45 View Post
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050MUSLY

They are currently showing unavailable.

Here is a single chitech 1900
http://www.amazon.com/CHICHITEC-Batt...3511949&sr=1-4

Here's a 2 pack with charger:
http://www.amazon.com/CHICHITEC-Batt...3512005&sr=1-3

Apparently the Chitechs are supposed to be a better brand name then the Ankers that I got. I'm showing that the Anker is giving a huge improvement over stock. So I can only figure that the Chitechs would give at least the same improvement.

Yes, the standard back fits. It snaps shut with normal force. There is a little bit of a lip on three sides. If you press on the back a little bit it'll make the lip very small.
We judge ourselves by our intentions, others judge us by our behaviors

Diggin my HTC Desire Z, my HTC Jetstream tablet and my iPhone4S...on AT&T

poormanq45
Old
Thanks Meter 3
You grabbed the single? I was thinking about that. The pair of Ankers with charger was $24 shipped though.

I figured it'd be really nice to always have a second battery charged and waiting to go, just in case :)

I have no doubt that the chitech will work great for you. Remember that you have to clip the plastic off by the contact points to get it to fit. To allow the door to close easier you'll want to remove the label. Once you've done this you'll want to cover the exposed metal on the memory card door to prevent contact.

Quote:

Code:

shure2
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Does anyone know where we can get these anker batteries for the uk? Ive had a look around but can only find the 1500mah for desire z, the sensation gets the 1900

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

karlonicolas
Old
(Last edited by karlonicolas; 22nd August 2011 at 08:33 AM.)
Thanks Meter 22
my feedback on the mugen battery:

it presents a substantial improvement from stock. my phone normally would not last beyond 12 -14 hours (wifi connected, background data synched continuously, with email updated every 15 mins, moderate calls and text messages, around 30mins of surfing and an hour of phone use), but with this battery (1800mah) i am currently at 46% after 10 hours of use. i bought the cheap 3500mah extended batteries, and they seem to be just an two or three hours (of battery use) more than this one.

by the way, i am overclocked to 1600 through unity 4 using cpu tuner.

ptesmoke
Old
Thanks Meter 642
quick question guys, am i understanding a slim htc evo 4g battery will fit our devices?

i just ordered a evo 4g slim 2000mah for $14, its same dimensions as stock, so i am assuming it should fit? maybe minor trim issues?

ps it also stated it would also fit incredible/hero/and tp2

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium
The depressing thing about tennis is, no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall. -Mitch Hedberg