Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,401 Members 43,705 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

just recieved a g2 from t-mobile with gingerbread

Tip us?

thugjedi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default just recieved a g2 from t-mobile with gingerbread

I recently exchanged my g2 because the camera lens broke. I received the new g2 today and it has gingerbread on it. It is indeed the same as the leaked build but with it coming from t-mobile do you guys think its the final build and how can i root this thing.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...8&d=1307503053

dreamnewbie
Old
Thanks Meter 7
dump the system

Spastic909
Old
Thanks Meter 195
And read the rules

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA Premium App

havocnl
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spastic909 View Post
And read the rules

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA Premium App
lol

The final G2 GB rom was already leaked, so no added value here unfortunately
Samsung Galaxy S II
Running: I9100XWLPT stock with Galaxian kernel
Old phones: HTC Desire Z, HTC Wildfire, HTC Hero White, HTC Touch (Elfin & Elf), SonyEricson W810, Samsung E700, Nokia 3410, 3210, Philips Savvy

thugjedi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
just hoping to get this thing rooted

dreamnewbie
Old
Thanks Meter 7
that is strange cause i didn't found a GB rom that would perfectly work on my Vision. there are always some issues like call drops, call lag or battery drains. or maybe i am wrong?

lainvalenajr
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamnewbie View Post
that is strange cause i didn't found a GB rom that would perfectly work on my Vision. there are always some issues like call drops, call lag or battery drains. or maybe i am wrong?
What GB rom are you talking about? The Gingerbread rom stated here is the offical or about to become offical gingerbread update for the G2. As for the call drops and battery drain(Rmk said that he had great battery life using the g2 gingerbread update as a base)... I never had call drops. I live in the san diego area where I get almost full bars and 4g so I havnt got a call drop yet.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App

havocnl
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamnewbie View Post
Look at this rom from RMK, it's based on the official GB for G2:
[ROM][5/23/2011] Virtuous G-Lite v1.0.2 :: Gingerbread AOSP (HTC/G2 base 2.13.531.8)
Samsung Galaxy S II
Running: I9100XWLPT stock with Galaxian kernel
Old phones: HTC Desire Z, HTC Wildfire, HTC Hero White, HTC Touch (Elfin & Elf), SonyEricson W810, Samsung E700, Nokia 3410, 3210, Philips Savvy

dreamnewbie
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lainvalenajr View Post
What GB rom are you talking about? The Gingerbread rom stated here is the offical or about to become offical gingerbread update for the G2. As for the call drops and battery drain(Rmk said that he had great battery life using the g2 gingerbread update as a base)... I never had call drops. I live in the san diego area where I get almost full bars and 4g so I havnt got a call drop yet.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App
i tested CM7 final and latest nightly, G-Lite, miui's and almost all roms availible on this forum with or without sense. I also changed radios to recommended, manually deleted batterystats and giving rom a 3 day trial... every time they failed. now i am on Virtuous and it works fine.

thugjedi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
so is there a way to downgrade rom and root it or am i stuck until we get some devs working on it