Unofficial CM12 for Android One, Disabling Encryption on Nexus 6 – XDA TV

Android One devices have received an Unofficial CyanogenMod … more

Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Win32diskimager- root Color Nook

OP Red Hood

8th June 2011, 05:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I've downloaded and tried various .img for rooting my color nook.
I can not get past the initall step of using win32diskimager to WRITE the file to my Sandisk (I have 2gb & 8 gb). Most of the attempts left me with only a 115 mg format. Not enough room to complete step 2. Last attempt I was on the Autonooter version 2 I think. This attempt only left me with a 39mg.
What is going on. Why isn't the .img able to format larger?
10th June 2011, 04:10 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 94

594 posts
I'm having the same problem I think. When I try to write the image it says not enough space on disk. This is a newly formatted 8 GB card and I'm running the program as administrator.
11th June 2011, 10:41 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
found out the problem - the formatting is correct - when your asked to copy the next file which is a zip file - only copy it do not unzip file. they should add this note to the notes already online. people like me that are used to getting zip files are use to unzipping them to a specific location. COPY MEANS COPY
Last edited by Red Hood; 11th June 2011 at 10:58 PM.
13th June 2011, 07:04 PM   |  #4  

2 posts
I've had the same problem. I'm on W7 and found that the image write has issues on 7 professional. I have too few posts so you need to dechipher this (bugs dot launchpad dot net/win32-image-writer/+bug/786060). So I dl'd the patch and stripped out the QT to make a cmd line version of the tool and still no luck. I tried winimage and it wrote and image but the nook didnt boot up with either a CM7 mod or MN/CW sd. I posted a similar question on this last night. Hopefully we get an answer soon
15th June 2011, 05:33 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 94

594 posts
I fixed my issues by using the oldest version of WIN32 disk imager (0.1) as well as formatting the card first with SD Card Formatter http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter_3/ also make sure to run as administrator. These steps seem to be necessary for win 7 64 bit.
27th July 2011, 03:26 AM   |  #6  

4 posts
Question Help! how do I fix the size of my sd card then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdp

I fixed my issues by using the oldest version of WIN32 disk imager (0.1) as well as formatting the card first with SD Card Formatter also make sure to run as administrator. These steps seem to be necessary for win 7 64 bit.

I have the same problem, & wish I would have seen this thread first! How do I fix my SD card back to the 16GB size it was???

Sorry I'm such a noob!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread