Working Root on 2.3.3 locked bootloaders! :) (Works on all Xperia Plays except R800X)
Ive seen this on the arc section and it works !
Do not try this if you have an unlocked bootloader or if you dont know what your doing! I'm not resposible if you break or brick your phone!
If you're already on a rooted .184/.181 firmware and OTA update is available for you just update your firmware. If not:
- Backup the apps you need (if you have root)
- flash to .184 UK firmware with the flashtool (Do a clean install or else you will have alot of force closes)
- heres the .184 UK firmware
and the flash tool http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=920746
- Use Gingerbreak http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1044765
or Superoneclick to root your device
- Update your Play using a OTA(over the air) update(Got to settings->About phone->Software update)
- Restore your apps
- Enjoy your rooted 2.3.3!!!
NOTE !!! : The only thing you should do after you flash and before ota update is to root and nuthin more.
NOTE 2: The Generic UK firmware works worldwide. Doesn't matter what phone you have except for the Verizon model. So if you have an AT&T R800a dev/google conference unit or UK or Rogers or France or any other phone. It will work
It will not brick your phone :P