What this is:
A package to return your device to a completely stock state. It differs from h8rift's packages in that it includes a PIT file to repartition your phone. This is especially useful for those who accidentally flashed the wrong PIT (cough... bella) or screwed up their partitions some other way.
Is this dangerous?:
No. The PIT file I created has been tested and confirmed working by myself.
1) Make sure the drivers for the Infuse 4G are installed (installing Kies is the best way to accomplish this)
2) Download and unzip GTG's_Ultimate_Unbrick.zip
3) Run Odin3 v1.7.exe as administrator
4) Place your phone into download mode (pull battery, replace battery, press and hold both volume buttons while plugging in the USB cable)
5) Make sure your phone shows up in Odin as COM##
6) Click the PIT button and choose infuse.pit (and make sure Re-Partition is checked)
7) Click the PDA button and choose PDA_UCKD5.tar.md5
8) Click the PHONE button and choose PHONE_UCKD5.tar.md5
9) Press Start
10) In the rare case that it finishes and your phone proceeds to boot loop, pull the battery, replace it, press and hold both volume keys and then press and hold the power key, keep holding all three buttons until 3e recovery comes up, select "delete all user data", and finally select "reboot system now".
Use GTG's package only if you want to return to complete stock FROYO - useful if you need to return your phone for service/replacement, or if you are a recoverying flashaholic and need to get clean.
Otherwise, there are better options to get to or stay at GB bootloaders and get a working PIT file (or get to a complete stock official UCLB3) ... check out threads from qkster or jscott30 in the ISET for these options.
Sharing a tablet or phone isn’t anything unusual. Phones very often serve as relaxation … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?