Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,042 Members 46,851 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] CyanogenMod 7 (fascinatemtd) pretty-much-official build 11.1 - [07/18/11]

Tip us?

jt1134
Old
(Last edited by jt1134; 19th July 2011 at 12:13 AM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3130

DONATE TO ME
Default [ROM] CyanogenMod 7 (fascinatemtd) pretty-much-official build 11.1 - [07/18/11]

Here is a 2.6.35 MTD CM7 port for Fascinate. It is built off the work of TeamHacksung, and is very different from earlier CM7 builds. At this point it is very functional, but still in very much of an ALPHA state. and it has now been merged in with mainline CyanogenMod

Working:
Calls!!
SMS
3G data
GPS!!
Bluetooth!!
WiFi
Camera/Camcorder
USB mass storage / sdcard
Sensors!!
MMS! (thanks andmer!)

Not Working:
bugs I dunno

Known Issues:
* occassionally the radio may completely die (usually after phone has been powered off for a while) - fix: (shouldn't have to say this): pull the battery.

Included in the package is the base ROM and kernel. GAPPS must be flashed separately. Link below. You may also use nemesis2all's kernel here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1119169

When flashed the first time, your filesystems will be converted to MTD (yaffs2/ext4). Do not try to flash any other ROMs via cwm at that point, and do not try to get into recovery via the 3 button method. Use adb reboot recovery or the reboot recovery option from the power menu. To revert, and switch to another ROM, flash a full Odin/Heimdall package (like DL09).

Since your filesystems are being fully converted, there is no need for Voodoo or any other lagfix. DO NOT TRY TO INSTALL ANY KIND OF LAGFIX ON THIS ROM!!! Voodoo sound capability is however included in the kernel.

To install, boot into cwm recovery, wipe data, and flash the ROM. It will reboot and then do the actual install. If you are on a previous version, you can simply flash it over your current install. If you have problems, try wiping data first. The ROM will work whether you are on rfs or ext4. If you have problems flashing the ROM initially, ie: asserts errors in recovery, flash one of the recoveries attached below, and try again.

*** Update 06/09 ***
fixed in-call audio
fixed bluetooth in-call audio

*** Update 06/20 ***
fixed GPS
re-enabled backlight notifications (you DO NOT need BLN control app)
disabled (broken) auto-brightness
other misc changes, see my github

*** Update 6/24 ***
fixed BT that was accidentally broken in previous build
updated to latest CM code
added standalone kernel zips to address sensor issues ** stand-alone zips removed

*** Update 6/26 ***
fixed sensor issues - now all sensors can be activated simultaneously

*** Update 07/01 ***
fixed LED flash
fixed ambient light sensor so auto-brightness works
removed mic recording preset option from voodoo sound to avoid in-call microphone issues
added gps.xml from EC09, may help with locks, who knows
removed unusable cpu governors and switched default to conservative since ondemand can be rather flaky on hummingbird procs

*** Update 07/04 ***
fixed deep sleep wake-up issues
attached fixed recoveries below

*** Update 07/07 ***
rewrote libaudio so that in-call audio can be adjusted

*** Update 07/09 ***
fixed microphone issues introduced with new libaudio code (in-call / voice search / etc)

*** Update 07/13 ***
fixed MMS thanks andmer!
libaudio overhaul - all audio paths should work correctly now, including headsets with mics
added BT HID and tether support (untested)

*** Update 07/17 ***
fixed installation issues - should flash regardless of what ROM you're starting with
MAKE SURE to flash one of the attached recoveries if you are coming from a BML ROM
fixed *228 in-call keypad issue; activation will say that it has failed, but it *does* work. just reboot afterwards
code now merged in with mainline CyanogenMod, this will probably be the last build from me

*** Update 07/18 ***
fixed dock audio over usb for car and desk docks (requires Galaxy Dock Sound Redirector from the market)
updated compass drivers for better response from orientation sensors (not 100% but MUCH better than before)
DockAudioAndCompassFix.zip attached below - this is *only* a kernel update, flash it over your current ROM

This is a WiP, and meant as more of a preview than anything else. If you enjoy it, click the Thanks or Donate buttons. Either one is fine by me. Enjoy

http://www.mediafire.com/?dfjjclddzq6fl5q - 07/17 ROM

http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip - GAPPS

*** The recoveries attached below are ONLY to be flashed on a BML ROM, ie: touchwiz based ROM or earlier, non-MTD CMx ROM. DO NOT FLASH THEM IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY ON CM7 OR MIUI MTD ROMS! ***
Attached Files
File Type: zip cwm4_fixed_for_cm7-CWM.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.15 MB, 6210 views)
File Type: tar cwm4_fixed_for_cm7-ODIN.tar - [Click for QR Code] (5.60 MB, 13276 views)
File Type: zip DockAudioAndCompassFix.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.02 MB, 2051 views)
BTC : 1BedydmJwmh5S5qccyhMVZAyWdaYmVxP9A
The Following 294 Users Say Thank You to jt1134 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

times_infinity
Old
Thanks Meter 1597
Don't forget to have repartition selected in Odin with the atlas_v2.2.pit! or you'll run into problems!
. . .

Twitter: @times_infinity

Synacking
Akaineing

Lurk, Learn, and STFU
RTFM

ShadowFall
If you like what I do or have helped you in any way why not buy me some pizza?
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to times_infinity For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jptech7
Old
(Last edited by jptech7; 15th July 2011 at 07:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 84
Yea, Yea, Yea!

Just a tip: I used the EB01 Odin package with pit, then did CWM, and I had no issue what-so-ever.

Update: I've been running test10 as my DD for a bit now, and I'm looking forward to CM nightlies soon.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jptech7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bob-o
Old
Thanks Meter 15
You are the man Jt! Nice work.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob-o For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Electrodeath0
Old
Thanks Meter 57

DONATE TO ME
Oh DAMN.

Can't wait for the audio issues to be fixed
The Following User Says Thank You to Electrodeath0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GoogleAndroid
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Nice job. However, I thought GPS and MMS and that were working? Did they break again when you fixed sensors?
My Devices:
RETIRED: Droid, Fascinate, Droid 3, Galaxy Nexus, Kindle Fire, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S5
CURRENT: LG G3, Nexus 7
The Following User Says Thank You to GoogleAndroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

userno69
Old
Thanks Meter 12
*picks up jaw from floor*

Oh. My. God (jt1134). This is amazing. I like how when you first had a working CM7 port you said the one thing that would probably never work was the camera!

Is there any chance the GPS will ever work with this ROM? I use it quite a bit unfortunately! Either way, you are THE MAN!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to userno69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kidserious
Old
(Last edited by kidserious; 9th June 2011 at 03:57 AM.)
Thanks Meter 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by userno69 View Post
*picks up jaw from floor*

Oh. My. God (jt1134). This is amazing. I like how when you first had a working CM7 port you said the one thing that would probably never work was the camera!

Is there any chance the GPS will ever work with this ROM? I use it quite a bit unfortunately! Either way, you are THE MAN!!!!
I truly believe that Jt will get this fully functional. He's not even close to being done working on this. He just threw this build out there for y'all to get a taste of the complete goodness that's around the corner. Just give him a little bit of time to work his magic.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App
The Following User Says Thank You to kidserious For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fortesquieu
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Thank you jt. This is exciting!
The Following User Says Thank You to fortesquieu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chefthomas99
Old
Thanks Meter 312
Im deaf. Don't need audio :D

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus!

The Following User Says Thank You to chefthomas99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe