[INFO][WIP] Linux on the TF101 (coming soon (I assume))

OP seshmaru

14th June 2011, 06:28 PM   |  #31  
Recognized Developer
Flag San Francisco, CA
Thanks Meter: 617

1,561 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou2serious

Have you guys ever heard of the smart book? It runs android 2.3, ubuntu, and chrome OS all on arm architecture.
http://www.alwaysinnovating.com/products/aios.htm

Here's the link to the source code
http://git.alwaysinnovating.com/

Although the Transformer is not the same TI chip.
14th June 2011, 11:51 PM   |  #32  
Flag Orange county
Thanks Meter: 0

275 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViViDboarder

Although the Transformer is not the same TI chip.

This is true that its an omap chip, i'm more intrigue that Ubuntu is running natively on the arm chip and side by side with chrome and android.
15th June 2011, 05:10 AM   |  #33  
Flag Pasadena
Thanks Meter: 18

271 posts
Donate to Me
More
would there be much use in tribooting if two of them are chrome and honeycomb? Ubuntu is handy for more serious applications and it can run chrome. Not sure how well it will run on a tegra soc, but divert the chrome effort onto the HC/ubuntu builds i'd feel better.
15th June 2011, 07:27 AM   |  #34  
Flag Orange county
Thanks Meter: 0

275 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifik

would there be much use in tribooting if two of them are chrome and honeycomb? Ubuntu is handy for more serious applications and it can run chrome. Not sure how well it will run on a tegra soc, but divert the chrome effort onto the HC/ubuntu builds i'd feel better.

I totally agree with you. I posted the links hoping that it would be useful in the right hands. Ubuntu has always been running pretty poorly on past android devices and vnc viewer was always needed to run it.
16th June 2011, 02:19 AM   |  #35  
Thanks Meter: 13

86 posts
So now that we have nvflash what's left for this to work? Or is it simply a matter of pulling it all together now?

Sent from my ThunderBolt using XDA App
16th June 2011, 03:12 AM   |  #36  
Thanks Meter: 162

1,468 posts
Donate to Me
More
I would assume it would be in the stages of "putting it all together" and "making it (relatively) easy to install". I'm definitely looking forward to this.
16th June 2011, 03:12 AM   |  #37  
Flag Quebec
Thanks Meter: 4

221 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yes, and what about getting backtrack 5 on this thing? (would be perfect for my networking course) (rolleyes)
16th June 2011, 03:24 PM   |  #38  
Thanks Meter: 2

42 posts
More
The question is: Is anyone trying to get this done? I mean many of us would wet their pants if the transformer can boot in honeycomb or ubuntu. It would suck if we're waiting and nobody is working on it
17th June 2011, 01:10 AM   |  #39  
Thanks Meter: 3

65 posts
Has anyone tried using nvflash to flash the linux image in the op's link? Looks like it would work but Im not savy enough to build cfg files. Maybe someone with some linux experience could get it.
17th June 2011, 06:12 AM   |  #40  
Flag Gainesville
Thanks Meter: 6

211 posts
More
My new production box is up and running, and when I left the house today I had git pulling nVidia's nv-tegra/linux-2.6 branch.

I work 60-80 hours a week though, so this is very much a 'in my spare time' type project for me.

I'm hoping to get the T2 kernel compiling sometime over the weekend, maybe have time to mess with it Monday-ish.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doward For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread