Originally Posted by will2live
Kinda curious tho if we are already running your AB build with a custom kernel with Voodoo and lagfix how will we go about updating to EE4 so we don't mess up and loose root access in the process.
Kind of a tedious process, but here is what I did:
1) I disabled the lagfix (create a folder called 'disable-lagfix' in /sdcard/Voodoo)
2) rebooted the phone to disable the voodoo lagfix
3) ran the stock rooted ED1 ODIN file (which I created
4) took the OTA ED2 update and lost root
5) downloaded the EE4 update file (http://goo.gl/XTDA9
) and renamed it 'update.zip' and put it on my sdcard
6) booted into recovery and applied update.zip and then let it boot
7) flashed JTs rooted voodoo kernel and his CWM in ODIN (you should probably delete the disable-lagfix folder after step 6)
NOTE: I didn't wipe at all during this process.
I have EE4 and JTs voodoo kernel and I've confirmed that I have root access.
Now it's time to get rid of this orange and brown crap... again :/