Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Handling multiple android images on one sd card?

OP AKTOPSHOOTER

9th June 2011, 05:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

59 posts
How would I go about trying multiple android os's on one sd card? I have currently one running good however would like to try a new one with out losing all my current settings in the first os. I tried renaming the folder from android to something else and making a new android folder at the root of the sd however when I put the new android build in the new folder it just hangs forever like 15 minutes and does nothing. Is there something I am doing wrong? If someone has away of doing this I would greatly appreciate pointing me in the right direction
9th June 2011, 06:22 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

72 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTOPSHOOTER

How would I go about trying multiple android os's on one sd card? I have currently one running good however would like to try a new one with out losing all my current settings in the first os. I tried renaming the folder from android to something else and making a new android folder at the root of the sd however when I put the new android build in the new folder it just hangs forever like 15 minutes and does nothing. Is there something I am doing wrong? If someone has away of doing this I would greatly appreciate pointing me in the right direction

wrong section dude.. but you have to change the startup text from the different builds.
like this

cmdline "rel_path=Android

or if you have a folder named Android2

cmdline "rel_path=Android2

ofc you have to rename those folders according the startup text..

this is what i think how you should do it .. i never tried it.. but good luck!

ps: post your question here http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=989
The Following User Says Thank You to dragonovus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th June 2011, 09:36 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

59 posts
Thanks it worked like a charm I will be purchasing a bigger sd card (16gb)this weekend to further experiment. Sorry for posting in the wrong area
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread