Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Rom for speed

OP deezykhara

9th June 2011, 10:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

46 posts
ive been using cm7.0.3 and have overclocked to 710 MHz but still think its a bit slow, so i was thinking if there was a better rom that works super smooth on the wildfire and is really responsive, if not what i could do to speed up my phone and make it more responsive, thanks in advance
bx19
10th June 2011, 01:07 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deezykhara

ive been using cm7.0.3 and have overclocked to 710 MHz but still think its a bit slow, so i was thinking if there was a better rom that works super smooth on the wildfire and is really responsive, if not what i could do to speed up my phone and make it more responsive, thanks in advance

JUST SOME THINGS TO SPEED UP:

--disable display animations.
--try to keep the number of home screen widgets minimum.
--Enable JIT (if it was disabled on your device). Pls search for this.
--turn off predictive text input.
--check whether the device is stable or not at that clock. If unstable it becomes worse. Try decreasing the clock and check the performance.
10th June 2011, 10:29 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 1,429

3,569 posts
More
Try LauncherPro instead of ADW. Swiping across homescreens and the app drawer is far more responsive.
10th June 2011, 02:03 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 859

584 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xeno

Try LauncherPro instead of ADW. Swiping across homescreens and the app drawer is far more responsive.

And, totaly off the question, the cube transition effect of launcherpro is FANTASTIC.
10th June 2011, 11:03 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

46 posts
yeah i use launcherpro and think its really good, but im really looking for something that has htc sense but runs really smooth, what are peoples views on these two (ones i think have stood out, if there are any others please mention them): jokerdroid and dk custom froyo ?
Last edited by deezykhara; 10th June 2011 at 11:07 PM.
11th June 2011, 06:47 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 1,429

3,569 posts
More
I have used WildPuzzle, and, had no issues with it. Not tested the other 2 you have listed, but, going by the users views on these, seems these are great ROMs with no problems as well.
11th June 2011, 09:11 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 23

146 posts
More
Jokerdroid is definitely top of my list to try out

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fast, quick, rom
Previous Thread Next Thread