Welcome to this tut. It's been active for a few months now but there are some things many users and the dev's want to tell you.
1. DO NOT ask questions about when things are finished.
2. Before you ask an question use the SEARCH THIS THREAD button
3. Post tut related questions in THIS THREAD, so do NOT POST QUESTIONS IN THE DEV THREAD
4. Use the THANKS button when you get your answer.
5. Don't ask questions like "I've done everything but it doesnt work" we really can't help you with such a question cause we don't know where what goes wrong..
If your post is violating one of these "thread rules" (don't call then real rules...) then we'll just report your post. getting it deleted.. etc. etc..
For our "Wise" users here (i mean the ones who actually READ before they post) Don't go flame on users asking stupid questions just leave them allone and REPORT the post
Thanks & Enjoy.
Okay, to be clear. All this work is COPYRIGHTED By the devs, The TUT is copyrighted by me, so stop frigging CopyPastaing my tut.. . With other words.. ASK PERMISSION TO DO SO, Thanks[/B]
New in this update:
Added new FOTA
This stuff is still experimental, me, nor the devs will be responsible for any damage done to you, your phone or whatsoever, so USE AT OWN RISK
Do NOT flash when you don't know what you're doing. It could BRICK your phone. And I will NOT support it when you screw up your phone.
Q: It doesn't work I've done everything but it doesnt work
A: Do you even think we CAN answer the question if you ask it like that?
Q: My phone shuts down after 2 minutes, why?
A: It's an idle bug.. We're still looking for a solution
Q: When will GB be released, When will the modem drivers be finished.. etc..
A: WE DON'T KNOW! STOP ASKING THIS
What WORKS in this build
- WiFi (+dhcp)
- 3D Games (some maybe not)
- Launchers (tested TWLauncher, Zeam, LauncherPRO)
- Audio (FULL Working now)
- Video's (see my livestream.com example)
What does NOT work in this build
- Modem (3G, Calls, ETC) (works partially on oleg's build we're still working on it)
- Idle time (also known as the shutdown bug)
- Sensors (Causes battery bug)
What do we need?
- Multiloader: MegaUpload
- zImage & stuff: MegaUpload
- EXT2 IMG Filesystem: Part1 Part2
- FOTA: MegaUpload (Restored old one)
Clean out your ENTIRE bada storage first cause we will need almost everything of it
Notice2: This project is still in ALPHA Stage. So don't expect a fully awesome working version yet.
In this version all KNOWN fixes are implented except for root
1. Download all the needed files, when you've done so extract the ZIP with the zImage stuff in it and place it in you bada storage root. (you can extract the .001 with 7-zip)
(i made the Images URLS's because they're to big)
1b. Connect your phone and put it in Mass Storage mode
You should copy your files like the Images below
Bada Storage root:
This should be inside your storage root:
This should be inside your galaxyboot folder:
So inside the sorage root should be your galaxyboot folder and the makext2img.sh
inside the galaxyboot folder should be zImage, SBL.bin and the .IMG file
2.Then you should shut down your phone and boot it in download mode:
Vol Down+Camera+Power and you will see DOWNLOAD MODE on the screen
3.Open up multiloader and take over my config here:
When you click port search the name "LISMORE" should/can popup next to the right COM port
Now click download and wait for it to finish
Okay, now your phone is ready for the first android run
Boot it by holding power+menu+vol up: (see image)
Then this should popup (after the SGS screen)
DO NEVER, ABSOLUTELY NEVER PULL OUT BATTERY OR TOUCH THE PHONE IN THIS PROCESS
This can take up to 5 minutes.
Now, Two things can happen
1. The phone boots bada
2. The phone shuts down
In any of this cases your phone is absolutely fine. If you have case 2 you can boot bada to check if everythings alright if you wish.
Assuming we all boot bada shut down the phone again
Boot android in the normal way by holding the Power and Call key
=====Removing Android from your bada partitions======
On request i add this one, In order to remove all android stuff put the "mkext2images-remove.sh" in your bada storage root and boot recovery mode again
12-7(2): Added new FOTA
12-7: Added what (doesn't) work(s) list
10-7: Updated some stuff (FW list)