Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,820 Members 48,267 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bought a Seidio 1800mAh but no difference in performance.

Tip us?

Razultull
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Bought a Seidio 1800mAh but no difference in performance.

Hey guys so i bought an 1800mAh battery for my IS and i don't seem to be getting any extra juice really. My main concern is that the phone still thinks i am on theold one and indicating that i am on reserve power when i'm actually not. Is there some utility i can use that gives me accurate feedback as to how much juice is left in my battery or are my suspicions unfounded?

TIA

bebolf
Old
Thanks Meter 29
If your IS is S-OFF then you should be able to use ClockworkMod Recovery to wipe battery status. And to calibrate new battery, you need to charge the new battery until full (there's some dispute on whether to leave it charging for 8 to 12 hours), and then use it until the phone tells you to charge (~1% left).

But NEVER drain your battery to 0%

Finally repeat that process for at least 4 times, new battery calibration done!

Splux
Old
Thanks Meter 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebolf View Post
If your IS is S-OFF then you should be able to use ClockworkMod Recovery to wipe battery status. And to calibrate new battery, you need to charge the new battery until full (there's some dispute on whether to leave it charging for 8 to 12 hours), and then use it until the phone tells you to charge (~1% left).

But NEVER drain your battery to 0%

Finally repeat that process for at least 4 times, new battery calibration done!
Not 100% correct.

If you notice that your battery-left-show-thingy doesn't really match how much battery you really have left, you should use the phone untill it dies. When the phone dies because the battery is "empty" (in quotation marks since it isn't 100% empty if I can recall what I learned from my electronics course correctly..) it re-calibrates the battery stats and should be more accurate next boot.

But except for that fact you're right

If you want the battery to have as long lifetime as possible, keep between 30% and 70% all the time, and when you're not going to use the battery for a long time charge it to 40%!
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...ased_batteries
Some good reading if you want to know more

(well, I know this is a bit off topic, but someone might find this info quite good to know )
The Following User Says Thank You to Splux For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

baste07
Old
Thanks Meter 270
usually third party battery with "higher" rating usually sucks and don't really give the performance that they rated the battery with

jul644
Old
Thanks Meter 208
Default correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by baste07 View Post
usually third party battery with "higher" rating usually sucks and don't really give the performance that they rated the battery with
correct third party battery's usually have about 20% less of their "ratted" capacity some lesser known third party ones have like 40% less

Their is nothing like the real thing

but as others have said re-calibrate your battery
HTC Touch Pro-->HTC Touch Pro 2-->HTC Desire-->HTC Legend-->Acer Luiquid E-->Nexus One-->SE X10-->HTC HD2-->Nexus One-->HTC Hero-->LG Optimus 7-->HTC Incredible S-->HTC Sensation 4G-->Motorola Razor V3-->Nokia 2610-->SE X10-->HTC Wildfire S-->HTC Desire Z-->HTC Incredible S-->HTC Sensation 4G-->HTC Raider-->HTC EVO 3D-->HTC Incredible S-->Xperia Arc-->HTC Amaze-->HTC Evo 3D-->IPhone 4-->HTC Evo 3D-->Xperia Play-->HTC Raider-->Nokia 920-Matte Black
Drop Box Referral, give 500 MB to me and get 500 MB for you ---> http://db.tt/o00MBOW

werperp
Old
Thanks Meter 2
That link was sure a wealth of info. Very informative.

Voilenteraser
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I heard you can use the 1800mAH desire z(I think)battery as it is the same size and type. I know nothing about it but will I need to do anything special or is it plug and go? What kind of performance difference can I expect?

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using XDA App

reggiep
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Ummm...its only 50mAh more. How much extra battery life did u expect?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Voilenteraser
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I have 1500...

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using XDA App