Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,176 Members 51,690 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Possible GPS issue after temp. root?

Tip us?

Superalpaca
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Possible GPS issue after temp. root?

A friend of mine wanted bloatware removed on her DI2, so I completed a temporary root and froze apps, and it seemed to work fine. However, I was told recently that HTC's Superclock App is stuck on the location we were at when I performed the temporary root, and that it's not auto-adjusting to her location.

1.) Has this sort of problem happened to others doing the same thing?

2.) I have a Captivate and am unfamiliar with Sense UI, so if there's simply some kind of toggle in the settings for auto-location, would that perhaps solve the issue?

Apologies, but I was just the "take the bloat off" person, so some of the specifics of Sense 2.0 I'm unfamiliar with. And in case anybody asks, GPS is turned on.

sk0t
Old
Thanks Meter 16
If you left the phone temp rooted, it's very possible. I've temp rooted and removed bloat via freezing it and have not had this issue, but I usually reboot immediately after I'm done with what I need to do in temp root. Temp root is known to break Bluetooth, it's quite possible it's also affecting that app/widget as well.

It's also possible you may have removed too much bloat. If you've removed any of the HTC stuff, try putting it back.
Current: HTC Droid Incredible 2 and Motorola Droid 2 Global.

Former: Blackberry Bold 9700, iPhone 3G, HTC Fuze, Samsung Epix, Treo 750, Cingular 8525, Cingular 8125, Audiovox SMT5600, other non-important junk.

Superalpaca
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I just removed Verizon's crap and some of the apps like ESPN and stuff, but none of HTC's stuff. I've suggested restarting the phone, but I don't have direct access to it so I'm not positive if my friend did it or not (she's not, how shall I say it, adept at using smart phones, so pressing buttons other than messaging and phone are really cautiously done).

sk0t
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Your friend happen to be my wife?

Kidding.. My wife has an iPhone.. I'm ready to disown her.
Current: HTC Droid Incredible 2 and Motorola Droid 2 Global.

Former: Blackberry Bold 9700, iPhone 3G, HTC Fuze, Samsung Epix, Treo 750, Cingular 8525, Cingular 8125, Audiovox SMT5600, other non-important junk.

mountaineerndixie
Old
Thanks Meter 44
What is this Superclock app that you speak of?

~ sent from HTC DInc2 ~

Tarpit_Carnivore
Old
Thanks Meter 63
I was having really long GPS Locking issues and I did a factory reset to remove anything I did via temp-root and that fixed it.