[SOLVED] USB Tethering - Missing RNDIS Driver
Problem: I'm trying to USB tether my phone using a Wi-Fi connection (3G is not available atm). I connect my phone to my PC. I go into menu -> settings -> Wireless & network settings -> tethering & portable hotspot, and check USB tethering. Device manager says an RNDIS driver is missing.
Setup: Rooted (using unRevoked) HTC Incredible running CyanogenMod 7.03, not overclocked atm. USB debugging is enabled. I am running Windows 7 64-bit on my PC. Everything is running smoothly.
What I've tried:
- I've searched everywhere and cannot find this driver. Of course, Windows 7 cannot find it online.
- I can't install ActiveSync because I am running Windows 7.
- I've installed Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1, but it still can't find the driver.
- The Google OEM USB drivers out of the Android SDK don't work.
- Without HTC Sync installed, I simply do not have the RNDIS driver. With HTC sync installed, this is what happens: The RNDIS driver gets installed, but when I check the USB tethering box on my phone, it goes on for a second, and then immediately goes off again.
Please help, this is one of the most frustrating problems I've ever dealt with, and it seems to be a simple driver issue.