FORUMS

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more

Android Factory Reset Security Flaw and More – XDA TV

Nvidia is releasing a 500Gb SHIELD TV Pro! That and much more news is … more

Android M Code Name: Macadamia Nut Cookie

While the official name for the latest iteration of Android has yet to be revealed, the code … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[SOLVED] USB Tethering - Missing RNDIS Driver

View First Unread
12th June 2011, 05:23 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Problem: I'm trying to USB tether my phone using a Wi-Fi connection (3G is not available atm). I connect my phone to my PC. I go into menu -> settings -> Wireless & network settings -> tethering & portable hotspot, and check USB tethering. Device manager says an RNDIS driver is missing.

Setup: Rooted (using unRevoked) HTC Incredible running CyanogenMod 7.03, not overclocked atm. USB debugging is enabled. I am running Windows 7 64-bit on my PC. Everything is running smoothly.

What I've tried:
  • I've searched everywhere and cannot find this driver. Of course, Windows 7 cannot find it online.
  • I can't install ActiveSync because I am running Windows 7.
  • I've installed Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1, but it still can't find the driver.
  • The Google OEM USB drivers out of the Android SDK don't work.
  • Without HTC Sync installed, I simply do not have the RNDIS driver. With HTC sync installed, this is what happens: The RNDIS driver gets installed, but when I check the USB tethering box on my phone, it goes on for a second, and then immediately goes off again.

Please help, this is one of the most frustrating problems I've ever dealt with, and it seems to be a simple driver issue.

Jackson

*EDIT* This solved it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	missing rndis.jpg
Views:	23359
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	622667   Click image for larger version

Name:	activesync.jpg
Views:	15605
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	622668   Click image for larger version

Name:	online search.jpg
Views:	20468
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	622669  
Last edited by jacksonwalters; 12th June 2011 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Found Solution
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jacksonwalters For This Useful Post: [ View ]

12th June 2011, 10:56 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Good learning, thanks for sharing!

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA Premium App
The Following User Says Thank You to smtom For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th June 2011, 04:11 AM |#3  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonwalters

Problem: I'm trying to USB tether my phone using a Wi-Fi connection (3G is not available atm). I connect my phone to my PC. I go into menu -> settings -> Wireless & network settings -> tethering & portable hotspot, and check USB tethering. Device manager says an RNDIS driver is missing.

Setup: Rooted (using unRevoked) HTC Incredible running CyanogenMod 7.03, not overclocked atm. USB debugging is enabled. I am running Windows 7 64-bit on my PC. Everything is running smoothly.

What I've tried:

• I've searched everywhere and cannot find this driver. Of course, Windows 7 cannot find it online.
  • I can't install ActiveSync because I am running Windows 7.
  • I've installed Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1, but it still can't find the driver.
  • The Google OEM USB drivers out of the Android SDK don't work.
  • Without HTC Sync installed, I simply do not have the RNDIS driver. With HTC sync installed, this is what happens: The RNDIS driver gets installed, but when I check the USB tethering box on my phone, it goes on for a second, and then immediately goes off again.

Please help, this is one of the most frustrating problems I've ever dealt with, and it seems to be a simple driver issue.

Jackson

*EDIT* This solved it.

Thank you for the Thanks. haha. =oD
11th March 2012, 01:56 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks a lot!
8th September 2012, 10:17 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks for this and posting the fix
25th February 2013, 10:09 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Just to save some people some heavy head scratching: If you get error 10 for the RNDIS device in the device manager and USB-tethering does not work, disable USB-debugging for the time being.
The Following User Says Thank You to Schattenspieler For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th October 2013, 04:05 PM |#7  

More
Thumbs up Missing RNDIS driver (karbonn A12) windows 8
This works for all operating systems(hopefully) , and i have tried it for windows 8 to connect karbonn A12 via tethering
Attached Files
File Type: zip MEItQ05QY1J3VXUzZFYwTmxhbVV6YzNCZmVUUQ==.zip - [Click for QR Code] (8.92 MB, 27069 views)
File Type: txt HOW TO.txt - [Click for QR Code] (780 Bytes, 12809 views)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gokullal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th October 2013, 11:08 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Smile can you tell me the password for that zip file
Quote:
Originally Posted by gokullal

This works for all operating systems(hopefully) , and i have tried it for windows 8 to connect karbonn A12 via tethering

sir i need a password
The Following User Says Thank You to vetri789vel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd October 2013, 04:54 PM |#9  

More
Thumbs up password
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetri789vel

sir i need a password

priceandspecification.in
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gokullal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th January 2014, 10:07 PM |#10