Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,518 Members 50,771 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLVED] USB Tethering - Missing RNDIS Driver

Tip us?

jacksonwalters
Old
(Last edited by jacksonwalters; 12th June 2011 at 05:35 AM.) Reason: Found Solution
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Exclamation [SOLVED] USB Tethering - Missing RNDIS Driver

Problem: I'm trying to USB tether my phone using a Wi-Fi connection (3G is not available atm). I connect my phone to my PC. I go into menu -> settings -> Wireless & network settings -> tethering & portable hotspot, and check USB tethering. Device manager says an RNDIS driver is missing.

Setup: Rooted (using unRevoked) HTC Incredible running CyanogenMod 7.03, not overclocked atm. USB debugging is enabled. I am running Windows 7 64-bit on my PC. Everything is running smoothly.

What I've tried:
  • I've searched everywhere and cannot find this driver. Of course, Windows 7 cannot find it online.
  • I can't install ActiveSync because I am running Windows 7.
  • I've installed Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1, but it still can't find the driver.
  • The Google OEM USB drivers out of the Android SDK don't work.
  • Without HTC Sync installed, I simply do not have the RNDIS driver. With HTC sync installed, this is what happens: The RNDIS driver gets installed, but when I check the USB tethering box on my phone, it goes on for a second, and then immediately goes off again.

Please help, this is one of the most frustrating problems I've ever dealt with, and it seems to be a simple driver issue.

Jackson

*EDIT* This solved it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	missing rndis.jpg
Views:	15084
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	622667   Click image for larger version

Name:	activesync.jpg
Views:	8467
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	622668   Click image for larger version

Name:	online search.jpg
Views:	12697
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	622669  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jacksonwalters For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

smtom
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Good learning, thanks for sharing!

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA Premium App
LG G2 - Malladus 1.2.2
Nexus 7 (2012) ~ Prime
Galaxy Nexus ~ Retired
Thunderbolt - ~ Retired | OG Incredible ~ Retired
46" Sony Google TV ~ Honeycomb | Kindle Fire ~ Rooted

Android1126
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonwalters View Post
Problem: I'm trying to USB tether my phone using a Wi-Fi connection (3G is not available atm). I connect my phone to my PC. I go into menu -> settings -> Wireless & network settings -> tethering & portable hotspot, and check USB tethering. Device manager says an RNDIS driver is missing.

Setup: Rooted (using unRevoked) HTC Incredible running CyanogenMod 7.03, not overclocked atm. USB debugging is enabled. I am running Windows 7 64-bit on my PC. Everything is running smoothly.

What I've tried:
  • I've searched everywhere and cannot find this driver. Of course, Windows 7 cannot find it online.
  • I can't install ActiveSync because I am running Windows 7.
  • I've installed Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1, but it still can't find the driver.
  • The Google OEM USB drivers out of the Android SDK don't work.
  • Without HTC Sync installed, I simply do not have the RNDIS driver. With HTC sync installed, this is what happens: The RNDIS driver gets installed, but when I check the USB tethering box on my phone, it goes on for a second, and then immediately goes off again.

Please help, this is one of the most frustrating problems I've ever dealt with, and it seems to be a simple driver issue.

Jackson

*EDIT* This solved it.
Thank you for the Thanks. haha. =oD

DREAMkin
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks a lot!

sprouts42
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for this and posting the fix

Schattenspieler
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Just to save some people some heavy head scratching: If you get error 10 for the RNDIS device in the device manager and USB-tethering does not work, disable USB-debugging for the time being.
The Following User Says Thank You to Schattenspieler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gokullal
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Thumbs up Missing RNDIS driver (karbonn A12) windows 8

This works for all operating systems(hopefully) , and i have tried it for windows 8 to connect karbonn A12 via tethering
Attached Files
File Type: zip MEItQ05QY1J3VXUzZFYwTmxhbVV6YzNCZmVUUQ==.zip - [Click for QR Code] (8.92 MB, 11181 views)
File Type: txt HOW TO.txt - [Click for QR Code] (780 Bytes, 6347 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gokullal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vetri789vel
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Smile can you tell me the password for that zip file

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokullal View Post
This works for all operating systems(hopefully) , and i have tried it for windows 8 to connect karbonn A12 via tethering
sir i need a password
The Following User Says Thank You to vetri789vel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gokullal
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Thumbs up password

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetri789vel View Post
sir i need a password
priceandspecification.in
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gokullal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

darmanto3001
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gokullal View Post
priceandspecification.in
password not work

Tags
driver, incredible, rndis, tether, usb