[APP] Animating Flip Clock Widget beta

Search This thread

bra1nDeaD

Mar 29, 2010

icon.png

See the minutes flip by in a smooth animation, right on your home screen.

A retro style flip clock with smooth animation for on your home screen. The only widget with smooth animation that works in every launcher or lock-screen.

!! Beta Version !! Bugs can happen.

Features:
  • A smooth animated (real) flip.
  • AM/PM and 24-hour modes.
  • Select an app to launch on touch.
  • More to come.

Known Issues:
  • Widget can't be removed on MIUI roms
  • The widget gets clipped in landscape
  • SBP Shell 3D has issues with widgets

Check it out on the Android market.
chart

Change log:

Version 0.4.9 - Tue 5 July 2011
  • Now you can configure existing widgets.

Version 0.3.8 - Wed 29 June 2011
  • Added crash reporting functionality

Version 0.3.7 - Thu 23 June 2011
  • Fixed a lot of little bugs
  • Fixed bugs for Android 1.5
  • Added customisation screen when adding widget, customisation after widget is already created will come soon
  • Select an App to launch when clicking the hour/minutes
  • Fixed usage of 24 hour format setting
  • Tweaked layout on information screen

Version 0.1.4 - Tue 14 June 2011
  • Clock now updates when time or time zone changes.

Version 0.1.3 - Sat 11 June 2011
  • Initial version

ss-0-0-128b92ed6f17c114c656c945e9318b6bb932e5ac

ss-1-0-2bcf1b5509c93e05c1d6d150e0d5e22581e56c4a

Last edited:

bra1nDeaD

Mar 29, 2010
Like i said in the other thread...This looks cool :) Hope to see some more features soon, like removing AM/PM and adding 24h-Mode :)

Thank you for your feedback.

It uses the 24 hour setting from the system settings: settings / Date & Time / Use 24-hour format.

But I had some inconsistencies with this, so it might be wrong by default. When this setting has never been changed I cannot read a true/false status, but read a "null" value. When this happens I default to the am/pm format. A quick way around this is to go into the settings and tick the 24-hour tickbox and then untick it again.
The inconsistency is that on some phones the "null" defaults to am/pm format and on others to 24-hour format.

Has anyone else experienced this?

bra1nDeaD

Mar 29, 2010
Ok, workaround worked for now :)

Hope you can make the widget "bigger" :)

That's great.

In order to investigate this inconsistency, could you provide me with some info?

What phone do you have and what Android version (and rom if any) do you have. Could you also tell me if the 24-hour tickbox was enabled by default or not?
Much appreciated.

In order to make it bigger, the animation will get bigger exponentially. This will eat away more memory so I am not 100% sure I can achieve this. I will have a look how far I can stretch it, but with the current size I felt comfortable it will run on most phones.

Montechristo1979

Oct 9, 2010
Ravensburg
I have a Sony Ericsson Xperia Play (R800i), with Android 2.3.3, no root and no custom rom, locked bootloader.

Because i am from Germany, and we always use "Military-Time", my 24-hour tickbox was enabled by default.

crni6

Sep 13, 2010
Great work...works well on my wildfire. It would be great if you make it like htc sense clock.

giri@xda

Jan 18, 2011
Plainsboro, NJ
Nexus 7
OnePlus One
Awesome !!!

Fantastic job. Works like a dream. Have never seen such smooth transition...

A few suggestions if you can incorporate...

1. Would like the widget to open up alarm application when i click on the widget in home screen. This helps me to set alarm directly instead of opening the clock from apps.

2. Try to make a calendar with day month & year so that even the day, & date can be added as another widget below the time....

Once again, great app :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

bra1nDeaD

Mar 29, 2010
Fantastic job. Works like a dream. Have never seen such smooth transition...

A few suggestions if you can incorporate...

1. Would like the widget to open up alarm application when i click on the widget in home screen. This helps me to set alarm directly instead of opening the clock from apps.

2. Try to make a calendar with day month & year so that even the day, & date can be added as another widget below the time....

Once again, great app :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks for your feedback.

I have planned to add some customization in the near future, one of which is the ability to configure an application to launch when you tap on the clock.

The Calendar is a great idea. Though I think it would be better to place it either on the left or right (configurable) of the time in order to keep it a 4x1 widget. Any strong views on this?

I have mocked up a little graphic on how I think it could look:
attachment.php

Attachments

• calendar_concept.png
    calendar_concept.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 2,582

giri@xda

Jan 18, 2011
Plainsboro, NJ
Nexus 7
OnePlus One
Thanks for your feedback.

I have planned to add some customization in the near future, one of which is the ability to configure an application to launch when you tap on the clock.

The Calendar is a great idea. Though I think it would be better to place it either on the left or right (configurable) of the time in order to keep it a 4x1 widget. Any strong views on this?

I have mocked up a little graphic on how I think it could look:
attachment.php

Dude, the image is nice. However, I would suggest you to make it of the same size like the clock so that it can be added below the clock or maybe give us a choice of selection of size.

This way, if both clock & calendar are different, we can choose two different applications when we tap on these widgets.

Thanks again for your quick response. :D :D :D :D :D :D

bra1nDeaD

Mar 29, 2010
Dude, the image is nice. However, I would suggest you to make it of the same size like the clock so that it can be added below the clock or maybe give us a choice of selection of size.

This way, if both clock & calendar are different, we can choose two different applications when we tap on these widgets.

Thanks again for your quick response. :D :D :D :D :D :D

I will take this into account. I think I will implement both, but as a different size widget. The idea I have is to have a 4x1 and a 4x2 widget, both where the date is optional. On the 4x1 it will sit on the side and on the 4x2 it will sit beneath.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

icon.png

See the minutes flip by in a smooth animation, right on your home screen.

A retro style flip clock with smooth animation for on your home screen. The only widget with smooth animation that works in every launcher or lock-screen.

!! Beta Version !! Bugs can happen.

Features:
    • A smooth animated (real) flip.
    • AM/PM and 24-hour modes.
    • Select an app to launch on touch.
    • More to come.

Known Issues:
    • Widget can't be removed on MIUI roms
    • The widget gets clipped in landscape
    • SBP Shell 3D has issues with widgets

Check it out on the Android market.
    chart

Change log:

Version 0.4.9 - Tue 5 July 2011
    • Now you can configure existing widgets.

Version 0.3.8 - Wed 29 June 2011
    • Added crash reporting functionality

Version 0.3.7 - Thu 23 June 2011
    • Fixed a lot of little bugs
    • Fixed bugs for Android 1.5
    • Added customisation screen when adding widget, customisation after widget is already created will come soon
    • Select an App to launch when clicking the hour/minutes
    • Fixed usage of 24 hour format setting
    • Tweaked layout on information screen

Version 0.1.4 - Tue 14 June 2011
    • Clock now updates when time or time zone changes.

Version 0.1.3 - Sat 11 June 2011
    • Initial version

ss-0-0-128b92ed6f17c114c656c945e9318b6bb932e5ac

ss-1-0-2bcf1b5509c93e05c1d6d150e0d5e22581e56c4a
    Animating Flip Clock Widget

An update to Animating Flip Clock Widget is imminent :D
    Can we get jelly bean support please?

JB support is coming. I've got a fix in place but still need to do a lot of testing (darn fragmentation).
    Animating Flip Clock With HTC One clock Font

Download here http://www.mediafire.com/?m0crc7o91cm76pw
    I think it looks awesome. I'd be using it if it would allow me to choose what it does when I press the widget, such as opening calendar.

Well, you are in luck. I already have this change ready and will send out an update very soon (as soon as I get that one nasty bug squatted).