Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Deleted

My Stable NAND build (2.6.25 kernel + casacristo's RLS18 ROM)

OP arzakem

21st June 2011, 05:27 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 105

231 posts
I have installed this android, and what can i say, it is not the fastest of all but is stable and it have all you need to use it day by day.
What i can't succed to use was the CoPilot Live GPS app, it have installed but after i have download all the things for this navigation app, when i start it after the splash screen it remain stucked with a blank screen. CoPilot was working fine on this device with other android rom. Any sugestions to solve the GPS problem?
22nd June 2011, 02:44 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
1- am i have to hold the volume up each time of reboot

2- it can't feel the sd card whoever the astro program can feel and see the files
23rd June 2011, 03:07 PM   |  #23  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 18

67 posts
1. no. u have to rename the file install-seq.sh inside the andboot folder to anything like install-seq-installed.sh so that reboot will be automatic.
2. u can download from the market a different file explorer app like "File Expert" or "Neptune Explorer" which is what im using.
24th June 2011, 10:10 AM   |  #24  

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arzakem

1. no. u have to rename the file install-seq.sh inside the andboot folder to anything like install-seq-installed.sh so that reboot will be automatic.
2. u can download from the market a different file explorer app like "File Expert" or "Neptune Explorer" which is what im using.

yo! thanks for the rom
its successfully installed but every 3-5 minutes its just hang up so i need to make soft reset on my htc touch p3650 then the fully charge battery last for 2hrs only...
pls advice.thanks.
24th June 2011, 12:46 PM   |  #25  
OP Member

67 posts
maybe there is some apps u installed that is making it hang. or it could be a battery problem. mine lasts for a day on standby and last for a few hours when using wifi. battery drain i think is a general problem with the android on a polaris. If it fails miserably, try flashing it again from a newly-formatted sdcard.
25th June 2011, 09:33 PM   |  #26  

1 posts
WiFi issue
Nice work on this build! everything is working properly for me so far except for Wi-Fi witch is not able to find certain networks (they just donīt appear on network list)... Any idea on how to fix fix this?
26th June 2011, 01:37 PM   |  #27  

2 posts
thank you man.really stable thank you in advance for your share.wish u success with ur work more and more friend. good luck man....
28th June 2011, 11:51 AM   |  #28  

11 posts
Hi.

My polaris since is running with this rom, batery only last for about 10/15h. Is this normal? First I have radio 1.59.xx, then upgrade to 1.65.xx but stills the same.
Is there any thing I can do to increase batery or do I did something wrong?

Thanks
28th June 2011, 01:19 PM   |  #29  
OP Member

67 posts
Seems normal for a polaris running with android. but then what i did was to identify several apps running in the background that use a lot of power:

1. Wifi uses a lot of power. I better turn it off when not used.
2. Clock Alarm uses power so I better turn it off in Fridays and Saturdays.
3. Using a utility app that reads running apps in the background I found several not really useful for me like the Voice recognizer app so I uninstalled it. Sometimes apps that meant to increase RAM by staying on in the background can use a lot of power and may be not worth keeping. Sometimes "battery saver" apps do worse.
4. Some installed apps that periodically sync with the web are power-siphons. A contact app or a messaging app can be a culprit. 3G signal can also be a siphon.
5. and finally, the prime suspect is our LCD display. Too much brightness drains much battery. Better drag an app from the market that controls display brightness.

In the end, we are culprits of using technology never meant for one, like trying to fry with a rice cooker - it has its explicit disadvantages. When i turned to the android and flushed my windows mobile 6.5 to the toilet i made a vow to myself that no matter how laggy it is, nor how matter how a nuisance it is to lose every data from phone resets, i would never ever throw it out of the window -LoL-

Right now Im installing everything in parsimony, choosing only whats most necessary to fit in 110MB of application data. In standby my phone can stay up for 15 hrs but using it for playing World War, I get to have it still juiced for only 3 hrs.

(by the way if your playing World War add me as your ally, im a little engrossed to it. thanks. my code is 227EG4
28th June 2011, 02:24 PM   |  #30  

11 posts
Thanks arzakem.
I don't have wifi turned on, but 3g connection is always on.
I disconected my phone from charger at 6:50 and right now (13:25) -Portuguese time- I have 65% of battery.
Is there any app that manages 2g/3g connection to only turn on 3g when really needed?
And for task manager, do you can tell me one good?

Thanks in advance.

Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread