You can also follow updates on Twitter now: Dexter Picard (DexterPicard) on Twitter or me a Red bull, and you're sure i stay up working on this mod or you can visit my new homepage at Dexter's mods
Kernel source of "angel" is found here
- Download AcerRecoveryInstaller from Market or from apps section of A500 here. or use the old solution from this post .
- Boot into ClockWorkRecovery (POWER ON + VOL-) and do a full backup.
- put PRIMEE v1.4 zip on your sdcard and install using ClockWorkRecovery
- NEW USERS - do a factory reset (WIPE) in ClockWorkMod when installing for the first time.
What does this rom offer
- 99% of all the new 3.1 features including;
- Google Video (i think it was 3.1 only)
- Google Books (i think it was 3.1 only)
- Google VideoEditor
- Asus Book Reader
- Enhanced exchange support
- Faster Browser
- resizable widgets (new launcher 3.1)
- enhanced task manager
- added filesystem tweaks (kernel 188.8.131.52 features)
- added 3G Huawei dongle support
- added international keyboard layout support
- SIP supported & SMS supported
- enhanced network driver
- root'd + superuser.apk included
- DLNA support
Latest updates (P8-patch3)
- 184.108.40.206 kernel with CIFS/NFS/3G support. Optional OC upto 1700Mhz.
- Now with PS3 controller support
- A Splashtop HD fix here in this attachment
- Asus book reader app fix.
- added SMS functionality with 3G, and enable SIP phone over wifi function, use SMS app from Market(handcent sms) with mobile part.
- rearranged boot image parameters a little.
- Media scanner both see internal & external directories now perfectly.
- disabled adb at bootup, so Internal storage shows on windows ( through Portable devices - A500)
- GoogleVideos app added (tested and working from USA)
- Changed boot.img, so "am,install" etc works from adb again.
- Added AcerSync (Request)
- Replaced Asus Camera with Acer Camera (Request)
- changes to mounted ext4 filesystems (small optimization)
- Wifi fix added for EU users to build.prop "ro.wifi.country=EU"
- Full fix for storage locations: Now its simple /mnt/sdcard , /mnt/external_sd , /mnt/usb_storage
- bootanimation update .. Thanks to boggio95
- Dock station + remote controller fix
- LetsGolf included in full image , i just had to
- Settings -> Battery stats is now included
- rotation lock key does not work (it serves no function in Asus firmware)
Don't mess with! (NOW YOU ARE WARNED!)
- Disabling Phone+TelephonyProvider can cause unstable OS, settings crash, tablet freeze etc..
- Removing apps from system folder can cause bootloop's
[PRIMEE_p8-3.zip] (patch goes on top of above existing full p8 image)
See post #2 for installation and all other guides
You do all this and you take the risk. But remember if you got the CWM working, you should be safe and you can run itsmagic from CWM if you are in doubt. I take no responsibilites if you damage or brick your device. But if you do think its bricked, and you get checksum errors both at boot and recovery, sc2k might be able to help if you saved your UID number.