[i9003] vs [i9000]

OP tanmayrocks

13th June 2011, 06:24 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 9

186 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulForde

Fail on so many behalfs, its amazing how many people will read something and believe it.

Both processors are clocked @ 1GHz, although the hummingbird comes out on top as the best single core processor, do your research.

We have bluetooth 3.0, i9003 has 2.0

Graphics processor we have the SGX540 and the i9003 has the SGX530.

Super AMOLED/+ screens are beautiful to look at, can't get much better really.

Simple, there's a reason why the i9003 is cheaper.

Also, the better battery life on the i9003 is due the the battery being 1650mAh and the i9000 being 1500mAh

Dude shudnt u be the one doin the research???sgsl has bt 3.0. Just google abt the cpu and u will get to kno which one is better.samoled vs slcd is a matter of personal choice.i m quite sure u hav never seen a sgsl display thats why u r so arrogant in ur remark.cause ppl who has seen both tend to go for the slcd due to usablity issues.excpt for the gpu part sgs is by no means better than sgsl.then again whats the use of such gpu when i m playin all the hd games currently available flawlessly.u may like ur sgs.but that doesnt allow u to flaunt around tryin to disrespect other peoples opinion. the sgs that r available currently are refurbished ones.so ppl who r plannin to go for sgsl,do it.u wont regret,unless u want an awesome gpu without any practical use.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to rdr_m For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th June 2011, 06:26 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 3

26 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanmayrocks

seriously i never said i9003 is better than i9000.. both have their pros and cons...it was just a comparision and i never said i9000 was inferior or anything.

(Left pic:i9000, right:i9003
though i dont know if this proves the thing, i was talking more practically rather than specifically)

'
Nah, that would be my post they're referring to. Maybe.
Not that I made such general and conclusive statement :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhikarb

First of all..it lagged pretty badly while multi-tasking....
Secondly..admit it..SAMOLED just looks SOO better after the VOODOO color fix! (w/o it too!).
Third point Gaming performance and Hummingbird chip=win!
Fourth point XDA Support! We are a family of more than 10 million!!
Pros of SGSl
1. Cheaper! (Big factor of our market (INDIA))
2. Comparable to its big bro i9000 but NOT its replacement
3. Upgradeable to 2.3 like i9000(I hope so..have u guys got GB yet? )

Hmm.. I can live with subpar screen, also without outstanding gaming capabilities..

The XDA support is something I will *someday* miss, I suppose. I've always wanted to know what Cyanogen is all about

However, between i9000 and i9003, I can't choose i9000, as it's gone extinct here in Indonesia. I was merely using i9000 as a benchmark for i9003's performance, but that's for my own personal purposes and needs

Edit:
Oh, where's my manners? Thanks again for ur input!
Last edited by bprabawabr; 13th June 2011 at 06:30 PM.
13th June 2011, 06:28 PM   |  #13  
Flag Internet
Thanks Meter: 143

945 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adhikarb

JOKE -.- No offense though! I have seen SL in action..my close friend has it but haha declaring SGSL winner over SGS JOKE! :P

I support u on this.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Tapatalk
13th June 2011, 06:35 PM   |  #14  
Flag Internet
Thanks Meter: 143

945 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr_m

gpu without any practical use.

U r right but gpu part goes to sgs. Day to day life hd mkv play important role to me. Yes our sgsl can play all available games with good framerate. But I dont think majority of people play graphic intensives games but most of people want atleat a device which can handle unconverted movies on their device. I have invest my 20k in sgsl and not happy with this news.

Otherwise this device Is great buy over sgs.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Tapatalk
13th June 2011, 06:37 PM   |  #15  

186 posts
Dude just check the two phones side by side and look at the display and it will be easier to decide ;)
This is so funny.ppl keep braggin abt gamin performance of sgs.seriously dude,just check youtube and see how asphalt 6 runs on sgsl.lol.games are made in a way so that they can run on majority of the devices.they arent sgs or power vr540 exclusive.and its not computer games we are talkin abt here.like i said awesome gpu with no practical use.

13th June 2011, 06:43 PM   |  #16  

186 posts
Dude the movie playback issue is due to driver issue.not hardware.just hav patience and wait.sumthin will turn up.then agn it takes only 5 or 6 min extra for kies to convert the files without any loss of quality at all.so dont be so unhappy for that extra 5mins man.

13th June 2011, 06:50 PM   |  #17  
Recognized Developer / Contributor
Flag XDA 24/7
Thanks Meter: 2,883

2,694 posts
Donate to Me
More
lol my milestone is better than sgs ...my milestone can be oc upto 1.2ghz and it has a cpu of just 600 mhz and gaming is much better on 480*854 resolution and i have got good battery life in 1400 mhz and both sgsl and milestone having ARM Cortex A8 processor, PowerVR SGX530 and the only diff. is the frequency of cpu
Last edited by kkrraazzyy; 13th June 2011 at 06:57 PM.
13th June 2011, 07:25 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
SGS has the better support developer wise. Cyanogen mod etc. end of story.

no app in the android market is gonna take advantage of the Power VR540 gpu.

OMAP is a better processor than hummingbird for heaven's sake, just because of its extensive overclocking capabilities! however on the SGSL, since OMAP cannot be overclocked i guess i'll have to give it to hummingbird.

AMOLED is awesome. period.

battery consumption on SGS is lower, due to AMOLED. hence the 1500mah battery. SGSL sucks battery life wise. SLCD is a battery hog.

conclusion? in the current scheme of things, going for SGSL makes more sense, economically, and maybe one can upgrade to SGS II next year.
14th June 2011, 01:02 AM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 1

43 posts
I was able to compare the two displays side by side and I must say that while samoled has better contrast and awesome blacks, slcd is sharper. I personally prefer sharpness to deeper black.
Besides, I'll never buy a samoled device because samoled burns so easly... in less than a year you'll have a permanent system bar on the top of the display, and this sucks if you spent 500.
The Following User Says Thank You to gianpa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2011, 01:07 AM   |  #20  
Flag Chisinau
Thanks Meter: 173

488 posts
More
Angry
i don't see why would you put this in the development topic
closed?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy s, galaxy sl, i9000, [i9003]