CIFS (UTF8) support?

13th June 2011, 11:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Patras
Thanks Meter: 6

77 posts
Hi,

the stock kernel has native support for CIFS, but obviously i can't see unicode text (in Greek to be more specific), i compiled the nls_utf8 form source, i have loaded correctly (both cifs.ko and nls_utf8.ko) via insmod, but i can't see the folders with Greek characters.., what am i missing ?
13th June 2011, 12:00 PM   |  #2  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 4

54 posts
More
I had no problem with greek support with the stock rom (and kernel of course) and i still have full support with the B160 i installed a few weeks ago.

If you dont find a solution i would recommend moving to the B160 with the overclock kernel from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1059753

Works like a charm for me
13th June 2011, 12:10 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Patras
Thanks Meter: 6

77 posts
you had CIFS manager installed and in the mount-ed folder you could see the greek chars from pc's folder? i might revert to B135-stock rom again to check... but as i used the stock .config from B135, i can't see why it didn't work
13th June 2011, 08:19 PM   |  #4  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 4

54 posts
More
Ok after a recheck i have the same problem through CIFS. The thing is i also accessed the same machine from the "network" tab of file expert to test it and it worked like a charm (with full greek character support).
Maybe thats the method i remember from the previous rom as well. Sorry for the mislead.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread