Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[APP]Bit.ly Android Client (Unofficial) v1.0

OP j.13.leach

13th June 2011, 07:01 PM   |  #1  
j.13.leach's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Spokane
Thanks Meter: 14
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
D Bitly v1.0 (freeware)(no ads)
Requirements: android 2.2+ and bit.ly account

Uses bit.ly api to shorten links and view your account history. Uses x-auth pattern see here for explanation. (I do not store your password on your device).

Features:
  1. Shorten links via "Share Page" from browser
  2. Copy links to the clipboard
  3. Share links via "Share Page"
  4. View previously shortened links
  5. Share or Copy previous links in history

Planned:
  1. Display number of clicks in history





Android Market Link

Thanks!
Last edited by j.13.leach; 18th July 2011 at 11:27 PM. Reason: fix links
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to j.13.leach For This Useful Post: [ View ]
WiredPirate
13th June 2011, 09:54 PM   |  #2  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
Nice! Thanks! Love the "share" via other apps feature and "history" features!

EDIT: Just realize you can share to and share from this app! Awesome!
Last edited by WiredPirate; 13th June 2011 at 10:34 PM.
13th June 2011, 10:27 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
156 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Told me my device is not supported (when I tried to get it from market).

Dell Streak 2.2.2

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App
13th June 2011, 10:47 PM   |  #4  
j.13.leach's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Spokane
Thanks Meter: 14
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
Exclamation Sorry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Aus

Told me my device is not supported (when I tried to get it from market).

Dell Streak 2.2.2

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App

I am sorry you weren't able to download it. I have checked my market settings and it says that it is available to all devices. I will make trying to figure out why a priority and let you know when it is available. Thanks for your patients.
Last edited by j.13.leach; 13th June 2011 at 11:01 PM.
13th June 2011, 11:13 PM   |  #5  
xriderx66's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Frisco, TX
Thanks Meter: 1,507
 
6,440 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.13.leach

I am sorry you weren't able to download it. I have checked my market settings and it says that it is available to all devices. I will make trying to figure out why a priority and let you know when it is available. Thanks for your patients.

upload it to multiupload.com or somethin for people who cant get it from market i guess? it works great for me. thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to xriderx66 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th June 2011, 11:37 PM   |  #6  
j.13.leach's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Spokane
Thanks Meter: 14
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Aus

Told me my device is not supported (when I tried to get it from market).

Dell Streak 2.2.2

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App

I made a small change in the market settings. I have a suspicion it could be causing it but I don't have a streak to test it on. If its not too much trouble would you be willing to give it another try.

Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA Premium App
The Following User Says Thank You to j.13.leach For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2011, 04:37 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
156 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
You nailed it :)

Installing now. Thanks.

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to Mark X For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2011, 05:47 AM   |  #8  
j.13.leach's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Spokane
Thanks Meter: 14
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiredPirate

Nice! Thanks! Love the "share" via other apps feature and "history" features!

EDIT: Just realize you can share to and share from this app! Awesome!

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Aus

You nailed it :)

Installing now. Thanks.

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App

Thanks so much for trying again!
Last edited by j.13.leach; 14th June 2011 at 05:49 AM.
24th June 2011, 03:45 PM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 293
 
475 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
Donate to Me
Confirming this works on my (Rogers) Sony Ericsson Xperia arc running 2.3.2 and 2.3.3. However, it doesn't show up in the in-phone Market for Canada. Had to go to Android.com to download it.

It also makes use of custom domains for the shortened URL, if you have one on bit.ly (bit.ly pro). i.e. instead of http://bit.ly/#####, you get your custom bit.ly pro/custom domain: http://mydomain.xx/#####

Excellent app!
24th June 2011, 03:49 PM   |  #10  
j.13.leach's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Spokane
Thanks Meter: 14
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluechipJ

Confirming this works on my (Rogers) Sony Ericsson Xperia arc running 2.3.2 and 2.3.3. However, it doesn't show up in the in-phone Market for Canada. Had to go to Android.com to download it.

It also makes use of custom domains for the shortened URL, if you have one on bit.ly (bit.ly pro). i.e. instead of http://bit.ly/#####, you get your custom bit.ly pro/custom domain: http://mydomain.xx/#####

Excellent app!

Thanks so much for the feedback!

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA Premium App

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, apps, bitly, freeware
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes