5,606,409 Members 33,432 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SCRIPTS] [HOWTO´S] (untested) app2sd, sd card speed fix script | how to guides |

Tip us?

jazux
Old
(Last edited by jazux; 13th June 2011 at 07:27 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 301
Default [SCRIPTS] [HOWTO´S] (untested) app2sd, sd card speed fix script | how to guides |

hi all! im new TF user but i tough i could post here some fixes and scripts that i use on my Samsung galaxy 3 but beaware that i have not tested these but they should work on every device im not responsible for any damage that may occur when you apply these scripts!!

1st there are 3 app2sd scripts

What is App2sd? App2sd is a utility which automatically moves some/all your data partition to your ext sd partition. So, your internal space is partially/not used :P

Which app2sd version should i choose? As you can see, there are 3 versions: App2sd-v1, App2sd-v2 & App2sd-v3.

Differences in versions App2sd-v1: It is the normal app2sd script. This script moves your /data/app/ & /data/log/ to your sdcard's ext partition. It is very fast but your real internal space will be full if you install many apps. This version is not recommended. :P App2sd-v2: It is an enchanced version of app2sd, which moves /data/app/, /data/log/ & /data/dalvik-cache/ to your sdcard's ext partition. It is fast and you can install many apps until your internal memory reaches 0mb.. Is is recommended for sdcards class2 - class4. App2sd-v3: It is an ultra enchanced version of app2sd, which is like data2sd, but you won't have so many lag like data2sd. App2sd-v3 moves /data/app/, /data/log/, /data/dalvik-cache/ & /data/data/ to your sdcard's ext partition. Your internal memory won't be used unless you do install so many apps and your sdcard's partition get full! SDcard class6+ is highly recommended! Conlusion: If you have class2 or class4 sdcard use App2sd-v2. If you have class6 sdcard use App2sd-v3.

Requirements You must have a kernel which supports init.d & ext4. And you must have an ext partition in your sdcard. Ext4 is recommended. And last thing... You need android 2.2.

How do i check my sdcard's class? Remove your sdcard from your phone and check if you see a circle with a number. :P If your dont see anything, you may have a class2 sdcard.

How to partition my sdcard? Download MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition 6.0. But make a backup before :P

How to install the script? Take a nandroid backup. Download it from links below and decompress it to your sd. You can either adb push this script in /system/etc/init.d/ or copy it with root eplorer to /system/etc/init.d/. Type the commands: adb shell (adb only) su mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/stl6 /system chmod 777 /system/etc/init.d/* chown 0.0 /system/etc/init.d/* Then reboot in recovery and do a wipe data/factory reset. All your data will be wiped. From now on some/all of your data (depends on the script version) will be moved to your sd automatically. Before you restore your apps with titanium, go in titanium preferences and select to force restore apps to internal memory. Don't move apps to external!!

Why i see only 200mb as internal? App2sd is invisible :P You can check your sdcard's ext partition in Titanium Backup.

=> app2sd script v.1
http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...9&d=1305062488

=>app2sd script v.2
http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...0&d=1305062488

=> app2sd script v.3
http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1305062488

credits go to KYRILLOS13 who introduced these on SG3!

then there is sd card reading speed fix

How to make it work!

At first it needs root & busybox...
Download the script, choose the cache size you want between 1024, 2048, 3072, 4096 kb! (Recommended size: 2048kb)

Extract the .zip file you downloaded and put the 77sdcardspeedfix in your sdcard.

Run root explorer and move the file in /system/etc/init.d/ (If there is no init.d folder, create one!).

You can also adb push 77sdcardspeedfix /system/etc/init.d/
Run a Terminal Emulator/Adb and type the commands:
Code:
adb shell (if you are using Terminal Emulator, skip this command)
su
chmod 777 /system/etc/init.d/77sdcardspeedfix
chown 0.0 /system/etc/init.d/77sdcardspeedfix
reboot
After that the phone will reboot. You will see that your sdcard reading speed has increased!

thanks for BRAINMASTER who made the script!

more scripts coming soon!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jazux For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jazux
Old
(Last edited by jazux; 13th June 2011 at 07:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 301
Default [HOWTO] get ADB up and running (easy way)

ADB is an acronym for Android Debug Bridge and is a development tool for the Android Mobile Operating System

NOTE this is only for windows!

-open this link --> http://*******/Xfyl wait 5 secs and click upper right corner "skip ads" it will download a program that automaticly installs android sdk (wich includes ADB)

-Open the app, leave the destination as C:\ and click ok/install

-Installing ADB/USB Drivers:

*NOTE* You may need additional (Device Specific) Drivers for your Device!

- Connect your Android Device to your PC using the provided USB Cable or just a plain ole 6-pin to 4-pin usb cable... (I prefer to use one with a ferite core)

- When the new hardware device notification pops-up on your pc point windows to the driver folder we moved to our C-drive(C:\android-sdk-windows\google-usb_driver) and install the adb driver.

** if your having issues with installing ADB drivers read this --> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20575563/ADB...or_dummies.pdf

-Running ADB from the Command Prompt:

-Windows XP: Select Start or Tap the Windows Key on your Keyboard, select
"Run" and type "CMD" then hit "Enter".

-Windows Vista/Win7: Select Start or Tap the Windows Key on your Keyboard, select the search box on the left and type "cmd" then hit "Enter".

Add the "ADB" directory path as a system variable in windows:

-To do this right-click on "My Computer" and select Properties. Next select the Advanced tab(Advanced Settings in Vista/7) then select Environment Variables.

-Click "New" under System Variables and add the following:

Variable =
Code:
adb
value =
Code:
C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools
-Call up your Command Prompt:
Time to start adb

- Open up a Command Prompt Windows

- Type the commands below:

Code:
cd C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools
<= press enter

Code:
adb.exe
<= press enter

and voila You will see alot of scripting fly through the command prompt window.

***note! you have to enable usb debugging in --> settings --> applications --> developement --> check usb debugging

tutorial is not made by me, its made by AndroidSamurai. i found it after lot of researching, so i tough i could share it with you!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jazux For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jazux
Old
(Last edited by jazux; 13th June 2011 at 07:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 301
Default [HOWTO] edit BUILD.prop

1. open root explorer

2. go to /system, find build.prop, change to read/write mode. open the build.prop in text editor

* change build version: 4th line should say ro.build.display.id=(here you write your build version name), reboot and check build version in "about phone"

* change model number: 15th line should say ro.product.model=(here write your model number ), reboot and check model number in "about phone"

* change firmware version: 8th line should say ro.build.version.release=(here write your firmware version, like 4.x ice cream sandwich), reboot and check firmware version in "about phone"

you can also change different things but ill write a guide of that later
hope you like it!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jazux For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jazux
Old
Thanks Meter 301
also reserved for later use

jazux
Old
Thanks Meter 301
updated how to´s

jazux
Old
Thanks Meter 301
over 100 views but no replys.... are you there ? if you like these ill provide more scirpts, how to's and fixes

3DSammy
Old
Thanks Meter 285
Considering the TF is android 3.x based I assume this is just a typo in the first post "Requirements You must have a kernel which supports init.d & ext4. And you must have an ext partition in your sdcard. Ext4 is recommended. And last thing... You need android 2.2."

Thanks for the post

DroidRevenge
Old
Thanks Meter 725
1 question:
WHY use app2sd on a device with 16gb of internal storage?

jazux
Old
Thanks Meter 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidRevenge View Post
1 question:
WHY use app2sd on a device with 16gb of internal storage?
well, maybe you have 16gb of music and you wnt to have somegames too : D

stuntdouble
Old
Thanks Meter 532

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazux View Post
well, maybe you have 16gb of music and you wnt to have somegames too : D
Why not put the music on the microsd card instead? Then you wouldnt need apps2sd.

Phone:
Motorola Moto G + Samsung Galaxy W ... Tablet: Google Nexus 7 (16gb)
Retired Devices: |HTC HD2| Asus Eee Pad Transformer |HTC Touch HD |O2 Stellar |HTC Hero |XDA Atom Life | XDA 2i

**(TF101 Firmware Changelog)_(Ultimate Transformer Thread)_(Boot Animations Guide)**

Tags
app2sd+, scripts, tf101