Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[App][2.2+] AutomateIt - Automate Your Android !

OP Muzikant

14th June 2011, 12:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 214

357 posts
AutomateIt is a simple automation tool for your Android device.

The application lets you define a set of your desired behaviors in response to events on your Android device. Each behavior/rule is defined as a pair of Trigger-Action that can be selected from a large set including SMS, bluetooth, wifi, location, headset, applications, battery and more triggers/actions.

Checkout the following link for a complete user guide, list of available triggers and actions that can be used and some tips on how to use this app to get the most out of your Android device.

AutomateIt user guide

Download from Google Play Store

Download from AppBrain

Watch the following video for a short demonstration: Demo video on YouTube

AutomateIt supports several languages translated by AutomateIt users. read more about it here.

Last edited by Muzikant; 7th October 2012 at 11:56 PM.
The Following 85 Users Say Thank You to Muzikant For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2011, 01:10 PM   |  #2  
Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer - (Un)Recognized Pole Dancer
Flag Northampton
Thanks Meter: 4,115

13,903 posts
More
I really like the idea of this, being so heavily configurable, but it doesn't do the 1 thing that I want. I want to turn off screen lock when connected to my home wifi. There's already a dedicated app for that, so it looks like I'll have to stick with that for now.

https://market.android.com/details?i...ckwithwififree

If you do update this to include that action, then I'll be all over it! Cheers for the hard work.
Last edited by Archer; 14th June 2011 at 01:12 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Archer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2011, 02:15 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 16

144 posts
More
Can it be moved to SD?
14th June 2011, 02:43 PM   |  #4  
Friendstream.net
Thanks Meter: 23

302 posts
More
Can you make that i can select multiple triggers, if one, or more because true (or all true), then execute it.
Also to have more actions per rule would be nice =D
Last edited by brantje; 14th June 2011 at 02:54 PM.
14th June 2011, 03:30 PM   |  #5  
OP Recognized Developer

357 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncmolyneux

I want to turn off screen lock when connected to my home wifi

I have another post on my blog that you can vote for some features that were already requested by other users. Enable/Disable screen lock is one of those features and I believe it will be included in one of the next updates.
AutomateIt - Vote for feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantje

Can you make that i can select multiple triggers, if one, or more because true (or all true), then execute it.
Also to have more actions per rule would be nice =D

I'm afraid that's only possible using the Pro version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxdu

Can it be moved to SD?

Nope. Since AutomateIt has a service running it cannot run from the SD card (at least that's what google is recommending)
If you have some workaround you can suggest I'd love to hear it...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muzikant For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2011, 03:50 PM   |  #6  
Friendstream.net
Thanks Meter: 23

302 posts
More
To bad i don't have a CC, because then i would buy the pro version.
Can i buy it via SMS or so?
14th June 2011, 05:15 PM   |  #7  
OP Recognized Developer

357 posts
The pro version is only available through the Android Market
14th June 2011, 05:50 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 412

2,752 posts
I tried automateit and it was not reliable in the one function I needed most which was "enable bluetooth when plugged into power" and "disable bluetooth when power disabled"....I'd find bluetooth left on or find it off when it should be on....finally went back to the dedicated app.

I also recall it not doing other functions such as "run app x when power enabled" "close app x when power disabled"....alternatives would be checking for home wifi ssid or any method of it knowing I'm "home". (I run wired tether as soon as the phone is plugged in to tie the phone to the local lan )
The Following User Says Thank You to famewolf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2011, 06:07 PM   |  #9  
OP Recognized Developer

357 posts
famewolf, I don't know which version you have tried but a lot of things has changed in AutomateIt in the last few months and the rules that you described are exactly the ones I have defined for myself and they work flawlessly (a list of all my rules and other ideas is available here).
I also didn't get any report about these functions from any of the users who downloaded the app (>25,000 users...)

I'd appreciate it if you give it another chance and report any errors to me so I can resolve them (just press "Help !" on the About screen if you encounter any error).
The Following User Says Thank You to Muzikant For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2011, 11:02 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 412

2,752 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzikant

famewolf, I don't know which version you have tried but a lot of things has changed in AutomateIt in the last few months and the rules that you described are exactly the ones I have defined for myself and they work flawlessly (a list of all my rules and other ideas is available [URL="[/URL]).
I also didn't get any report about these functions from any of the users who downloaded the app (>25,000 users...)

I'd appreciate it if you give it another chance and report any errors to me so I can resolve them (just press "Help !" on the About screen if you encounter any error).

I'm willing to give it another go but I think my usage might also be a factor...if I toggle airplane mode on/off to get the radio to go to 3g vs E then the app has to handle resyncing the bluetooth which also got turned off and back on for example. My home phone have bluetooth links so when I dock the phone it links to them etc...

Does it support importing and exporting of rules yet? I can see where a webpage where you could checklist the rules you wanted and it builds you a customized ruleset being very nice.
Last edited by famewolf; 14th June 2011 at 11:14 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
action, android, app, automateit, automation, productivity, trigger
Previous Thread Next Thread