FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

[Tool] Nvflash unbricking released!

248 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,102
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi,

As most of you probably already know by now, I have released a fully functional nvflash for Transformer yesterday
More information is available at http://androidroot.mobi/2011/06/13/n...s-transformer/

UPDATE 15-06-2011:Bumble-Bee (Apache14) is just as much to thank for this as me! Both of us (from AndroidRoot.Mobi) have worked hard on making this happen! Thanks to Roach for providing the nvflash-ready Prime 1.4 ROM!

UPDATE: The Prime 1.4 linked is European (WW) build! Roach will release 1.5 soon probably and there'll be both WW and US available. I'm planning to write a quick guide on how to root when running stock 3.1 already (it's pretty easy!)! E.g. to stay on full stock and *just* have root


Windows nvflash
Linux nvflash

Quick guide to unbricking:
  1. Connect cable to computer and turn device on while holding down Volume Up. Screen will stay off, but USB will come on.
  2. (Windows only) Find “APX” device in Device manager and update driver, then point it at usbpcdriver directory from the zip
  3. Run download.sh (linux) or download.bat (windows)
  4. ???
  5. Profit
Last edited by rayman; 15th June 2011 at 03:54 PM.
The Following 86 Users Say Thank You to rayman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
14th June 2011, 12:04 PM |#2  
JD82's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
Awesome! Thanks a lot!!
The Following User Says Thank You to JD82 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2011, 12:08 PM |#3  
k_myk's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayman84

Hi,

As most of you probably already know by now, I have released a fully functional nvflash for Transformer yesterday
More information is available at http://androidroot.mobi/2011/06/13/n...s-transformer/

Windows nvflash
Linux nvflash

Quick guide to unbricking:

  1. Connect cable to computer and turn device on while holding down Volume Up. Screen will stay off, but USB will come on.
  2. (Windows only) Find APX device in Device manager and update driver, then point it at usbpcdriver directory from the zip
  3. Run download.sh (linux) or download.bat (windows)
  4. ???
  5. Profit


WOW, It's "just like that"? Really that's all what you have to do to unbrick a device? I guess times when flashing roms was dangerous have passed

Great job
14th June 2011, 12:30 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 76
 
More
Very thanks and keep up the good work!!!
14th June 2011, 12:43 PM |#5  
atlaswingpasaway's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto Canada
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
unbrick tool came before root tool. lol
but it's a very useful program for all of us.
thanks for this!

i have a question though, my Samsung Vibrant was HARDWARE LOCKED, which makes button combinations to enter recovery/download modes impossible.
Is there any possibility that my TF has a hardware lock too which will prevent me from accessing the USB when it gets bricked?

i have experience in rooting and/or jailbreaking but i havent rooted my TF yet, coz the only way to root right now is kind of "not layman friendly". and i hate the terms BLOBS. lol

thank you.
14th June 2011, 01:24 PM |#6  
combat goofwing's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 182
 
More
So I'm rooted running prime 1.4 could some one explain in laymans terms what difference this makes to me and what if anything I need to do to benefit to my TF

DESIRE HD using leedroid. ASUS TRANSFORMER using prime
14th June 2011, 01:25 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 374
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlaswingpasaway

unbrick tool came before root tool. lol
but it's a very useful program for all of us.
thanks for this!

i have a question though, my Samsung Vibrant was HARDWARE LOCKED, which makes button combinations to enter recovery/download modes impossible.
Is there any possibility that my TF has a hardware lock too which will prevent me from accessing the USB when it gets bricked?

i have experience in rooting and/or jailbreaking but i havent rooted my TF yet, coz the only way to root right now is kind of "not layman friendly". and i hate the terms BLOBS. lol

thank you.

Either you didn't read the post or you might be dyslexic. If you unbrick your device you're pushing a custom ROM which means you automatically get root.
Last edited by seshmaru; 14th June 2011 at 01:44 PM.
14th June 2011, 01:36 PM |#8  
david279's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 1,836
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by combat goofwing

So I'm rooted running prime 1.4 could some one explain in laymans terms what difference this makes to me and what if anything I need to do to benefit to my TF

DESIRE HD using leedroid. ASUS TRANSFORMER using prime

You don't need this your already rooted. This is a easy way to root and it can also revive bricks, custom flash different partitions and who knows what other functions can be done with nvflash.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App
14th June 2011, 01:47 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 105
 
More
Will this wipe your data partition if using this to get a rooted custom rom on?
14th June 2011, 01:57 PM |#10  
atlaswingpasaway's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto Canada
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seshmaru

Either you didn't read the post or you might be dyslexic. If you unbrick your device you're pushing a custom ROM which means you automatically get root.


it might be both! lol sorry my bad.

im new to tablet/honeycomb rooting so i dont know much about this.
so... im on stock 3.1 right now (i guess the build number wont matter anymore?)
and no root. should i just follow the OP instructions or what?
The Following User Says Thank You to atlaswingpasaway For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2011, 02:22 PM |#11  
david279's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 1,836
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadoc

Will this wipe your data partition if using this to get a rooted custom rom on?

Using the script included it will wipe all user data. But it may be tweaked later.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App
The Following User Says Thank You to david279 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes