FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[ROM] UPDATED Transformer pure root tw/us/ww/de/jp (8.4.4.5/11/12/8.6.5.6/7/9)

195 posts
Thanks Meter: 158

By mashi, Senior Member on 15th June 2011, 11:03 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
16th June 2011, 05:32 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 158

Donate to Me
More
from windows.

16th June 2011, 05:49 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 106

More
Thx will try in am

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
16th June 2011, 06:18 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
does it work?
16th June 2011, 06:40 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 155

More
Well, CWM installed properly, so I'm guessing it worked. Root_app didn't work even with USB debugging enabled, but I installed Superuser from the market. But for some reason, AdFree didn't seem to recognize the root... TiBu doesn't work either.

Odd...

EDIT: root_app doesn't seem to find the device. I downloaded and installed MTP drivers from Asus and tried again (with USB Debugging enabled), but still didn't work. So CWM works, but the device doesn't seem to be rooted (or at least, the apps don't recognize any root).
Last edited by hbk19; 16th June 2011 at 06:53 AM.
16th June 2011, 06:52 AM |#15  
Flag Sugar Land TX
Thanks Meter: 1,719

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk19

Well, CWM installed properly, so I'm guessing it worked. Root_app didn't work even with USB debugging enabled, but I installed Superuser from the market. But for some reason, AdFree didn't seem to recognize the root... TiBu doesn't work either.

Odd...

Try to install busybox via titanium backup
16th June 2011, 07:01 AM |#16  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballfanz

Try to install busybox via titanium backup

TiBu doesn't recognize root either.

EDIT: And busybox won't install because it doesn't see an su, which Superuser won't install because it doesn't recognize root, which I obviously must have because CWM installed and works properly. Pretty frustrating, this is.

EDIT2: Never mind, root_app somehow worked. It might be because I installed ASUS Sync.
Last edited by hbk19; 16th June 2011 at 07:08 AM.
16th June 2011, 07:14 AM |#17  

More
Anyway, to those wondering if this works, it does. Just make sure to have all your drivers installed, APX or otherwise.

Now, to wait for PRIME 1.5 to come. I better start backing up my apps.
16th June 2011, 09:12 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 287

More
First you need this as well:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Eee...or_Windows.zip
It said process completed successfully but nothing happened - no superuser app and no root...
Installed the SuperUser app fro Market. still no root (tested with Root Explorer)

The problem is with the adb not recognizing the device, therefor can't push the superuser.apk

any ideas what to do?

btw, Clockwork is working - which means I can flash a rooted ROM over the current one, use titanium backup to backup apps&games and then if I want, wipe and reinstall the rooted ROM.
Last edited by liorry; 16th June 2011 at 09:30 AM.
16th June 2011, 10:37 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
If i do this procedure with stock 3.1 (WW) i don't lose my data? and wil i be able to run a custom OC kernel with the stock ROM?
16th June 2011, 11:57 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 287

More
Thumbs up Verified working!
Quote:
Originally Posted by liorry

First you need this as well:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Eee...or_Windows.zip
It said process completed successfully but nothing happened - no superuser app and no root...
Installed the SuperUser app fro Market. still no root (tested with Root Explorer)

The problem is with the adb not recognizing the device, therefor can't push the superuser.apk

any ideas what to do?

btw, Clockwork is working - which means I can flash a rooted ROM over the current one, use titanium backup to backup apps&games and then if I want, wipe and reinstall the rooted ROM.

Success!
After I managed to get ADB with the Transformer and updated Windows Media Player (so I can mount on my XP computer at work) I also managed to push the root files and got root access so I can verify this script is working perfectly.

The clockwork however can't mount the sd-card which means I can't flash a custom ROM so I would love if anyone points out a solution for this.
16th June 2011, 01:29 PM |#21  
Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 51

More
OK, just to recap, for the newbs and chronically specific:

This only works from Windows at the moment.

I must be sure that I have working ADB (ie: Windows-specific TF USB drivers installed) - because APX sets the TF to be receptive to info from a computer, but doesn't guarantee that the computer knows how to talk to it.

I will have downloaded the .zip file and checked its integrity (is there a MD5?) and then unzipped it to a folder on my desktop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashi

right. you can keep your system/data partitions untouch.
1. enter apx mode (turn off tf. press and hold volume up + power to enter apx mode)

APX mode is local to the tablet. (Q) Do I connect the tablet via USB to my Windows PC before I enable APX mode or after, or it doesn't matter?

In the following steps, these run commands are all performed by double-clicking the relevant files (many Windows users' settings won't display the .bat file name suffix, so it will just say Root or CWM, etc.) in the folder I unzipped on my desktop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashi

2. run root.bat (to get perm root)
3. run cwm.bat (if you want cwm installed)
4. reboot (press and hold power button for 10sec)
5. turn on debug on tf (application -> development)
6. run root_app.bat (to install superuser and su)
7. done!

Not at home so haven't had a chance to try it. Looking forward to it.

Thanks for exactly what I was waiting for!!!

glg

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread