Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM] UPDATED Transformer pure root tw/us/ww/de/jp (8.4.4.5/11/12/8.6.5.6/7/9)

OP mashi

16th June 2011, 06:32 AM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 157

195 posts
Donate to Me
from windows.
16th June 2011, 06:49 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 104

1,675 posts
Thx will try in am

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
16th June 2011, 07:18 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 13

165 posts
does it work?
16th June 2011, 07:40 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 155

427 posts
More
Well, CWM installed properly, so I'm guessing it worked. Root_app didn't work even with USB debugging enabled, but I installed Superuser from the market. But for some reason, AdFree didn't seem to recognize the root... TiBu doesn't work either.

Odd...

EDIT: root_app doesn't seem to find the device. I downloaded and installed MTP drivers from Asus and tried again (with USB Debugging enabled), but still didn't work. So CWM works, but the device doesn't seem to be rooted (or at least, the apps don't recognize any root).
Last edited by hbk19; 16th June 2011 at 07:53 AM.
16th June 2011, 07:52 AM   |  #15  
Flag Sugar Land TX
Thanks Meter: 1,717

6,694 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk19

Well, CWM installed properly, so I'm guessing it worked. Root_app didn't work even with USB debugging enabled, but I installed Superuser from the market. But for some reason, AdFree didn't seem to recognize the root... TiBu doesn't work either.

Odd...

Try to install busybox via titanium backup
16th June 2011, 08:01 AM   |  #16  

427 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballfanz

Try to install busybox via titanium backup

TiBu doesn't recognize root either.

EDIT: And busybox won't install because it doesn't see an su, which Superuser won't install because it doesn't recognize root, which I obviously must have because CWM installed and works properly. Pretty frustrating, this is.

EDIT2: Never mind, root_app somehow worked. It might be because I installed ASUS Sync.
Last edited by hbk19; 16th June 2011 at 08:08 AM.
16th June 2011, 08:14 AM   |  #17  

427 posts
More
Anyway, to those wondering if this works, it does. Just make sure to have all your drivers installed, APX or otherwise.

Now, to wait for PRIME 1.5 to come. I better start backing up my apps.
16th June 2011, 10:12 AM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 280

621 posts
First you need this as well:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Eee...or_Windows.zip
It said process completed successfully but nothing happened - no superuser app and no root...
Installed the SuperUser app fro Market. still no root (tested with Root Explorer)

The problem is with the adb not recognizing the device, therefor can't push the superuser.apk

any ideas what to do?

btw, Clockwork is working - which means I can flash a rooted ROM over the current one, use titanium backup to backup apps&games and then if I want, wipe and reinstall the rooted ROM.
Last edited by liorry; 16th June 2011 at 10:30 AM.
16th June 2011, 11:37 AM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 5

69 posts
If i do this procedure with stock 3.1 (WW) i don't lose my data? and wil i be able to run a custom OC kernel with the stock ROM?
16th June 2011, 12:57 PM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 280

621 posts
Thumbs up Verified working!
Quote:
Originally Posted by liorry

First you need this as well:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Eee...or_Windows.zip
It said process completed successfully but nothing happened - no superuser app and no root...
Installed the SuperUser app fro Market. still no root (tested with Root Explorer)

The problem is with the adb not recognizing the device, therefor can't push the superuser.apk

any ideas what to do?

btw, Clockwork is working - which means I can flash a rooted ROM over the current one, use titanium backup to backup apps&games and then if I want, wipe and reinstall the rooted ROM.

Success!
After I managed to get ADB with the Transformer and updated Windows Media Player (so I can mount on my XP computer at work) I also managed to push the root files and got root access so I can verify this script is working perfectly.

The clockwork however can't mount the sd-card which means I can't flash a custom ROM so I would love if anyone points out a solution for this.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread