Discussion thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1133333 (thanks Nimitmak)
Well, here's a present.
The release had to be anticipated because I can't have anymore the LG P500 I borrowed for testing. So, I haven't had much time to test it yet. I couldn't either add a modules system (which is a shame, I was already targeting something like kang-o-rama). For this I am sorry but I really wanted to share one last ROM with this community. No worries though, I can update it even without the phone.
So, let's talk business.
This ROM has a different approach from before. First of all, it is based on CM7. I have decided not to wait for 2.3 sources because CM has a very optimized core and framework. Even with the release of the sources or a decent leak, CM files will still be better performance-wise. Secondly, due to the lack of time, it doesn't have a modules system, it follows devoid's philosophy instead. Of course, it comes with a few of my tweaks and style. It will feel like a devoid but 2.3.
* CM7 core (compiled from CM sources + Mik's proprietary files and specific branches)
* FrancoKernel v17 BFS (pre-release v17 version, the released v17 is different, flash it!)
* Some tweaks @ CM7 source (ex: libsqlite patched and recompiled)
* Default settings changed @ CM7 source (overscroll, lense lksc, cclabel, cmbat)
* Build.prop tweaks / GPS tweaks / Browser tweaks / Patched hosts
* Strict Minfree Handler tweak / Auto-Zipalign tweak / ZRAM tweak
* Zeam launcher / GB keyboard / void. boot "inanimation" / Smartass Default
* Didn't have enough time to test different EGL tweaks
* void. #forever: http://mir.cr/DZLS1POV
* void. #forever -addon: http://mir.cr/0AYYEDQL
* read this whole thread before doing anything, especially the important notes
* wipe (data,cache,dalvik)
* partition if needed (a2sd for later)
* copy files to sdcard
* flash void. #forever and reboot
* after booting, go back to recovery
* flash now void. #forever -addon (it will activate the market and theme) and reboot
* If you don't reboot to recovery and flash the -addon, you will crash when trying to create a google account.
* After flashing the -addon, before the market appears on the applications drawer, you'll need to sign in on your google account.
* After flashing the -addon, do not sign in on your google account, press skip and add later or you may run into a "slide keyboard open" error
* You might get an error for google calendar sync but it will be gone as soon as you flash the calendar app.
* GSM works but during my beta-tests I didn't use one so ignore the screenshot.
* DarkTremors mod has some issues, try ungaze's data2sd or link2sd (info).
* For statusbar notifications icons issues, check this post.
* Last and not least, don't beg for applications, use the market or ask around.
* Browser, FM and Calendar (credits: r291)
* ThemeChooser (credits: r291)
* LiveWallpapers (credits: r291)
* DSPManager (credits: r291)
Or check the full thread here.
* Check CM thread.
* void. specific: the powermenu glitches a bit with the lockscreen, just long-press power off button and it will be fine.
Before you report a bug or some kind of malfunctioning, make sure to have:
* Reflashed (with full wipe, and format /system)
Anything else, disregarding stupid questions, tweet me.
If you wish to donate, donate to those who work their asses harder than me: franciscofranco (kernel), mik_os (cm port), andy (initial 2.3 port project), etc.