5,598,542 Members 45,231 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC EVO Shift 4G Getting Gingerbread 2.3 OTA Starting June 20th

Tip us?
 
kbrn
Old
(Last edited by kbrn; 16th June 2011 at 01:23 AM.)
#1  
kbrn's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85
Posts: 577
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central Florida
Default HTC EVO Shift 4G Getting Gingerbread 2.3 OTA Starting June 20th

Looks like we are finally gonna get the official GB update.
It will start pushing the 20th but as of the 17th you can manually update by going to MENU>SETTINGS>SYSTEM UPDATES>HTC SOFTWARE UPDATE
Source
http://androidcommunity.com/htc-evo-...20th-20110615/

well I just hope it is not like the damn evo 4g gingerbread update full of bugs lol


Sprint>>Samsung Moment>>htc EVO Shift 4g>>Motorola Photon>>htc EVO 4G LTE>>Samsung Galaxy Note 2<< Verizon>>htc One M8
The Following User Says Thank You to kbrn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
csdj92
Old
#2  
csdj92's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 94
Join Date: Mar 2011
Noob question but this means we will have to get a new root process right?

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA App
"You never learn from succeeding"
 
kbrn
Old
#3  
kbrn's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85
Posts: 577
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by csdj92 View Post
Noob question but this means we will have to get a new root process right?

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA App
Well yes if you install the OTA .. No if you wait for the great Devs to make a stock rooted ROM


Sprint>>Samsung Moment>>htc EVO Shift 4g>>Motorola Photon>>htc EVO 4G LTE>>Samsung Galaxy Note 2<< Verizon>>htc One M8
 
prboy1969
Old
#4  
prboy1969's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6205
Posts: 9,809
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Michigan
Thanks for the heads up. It's about time they said something. Sounds good, but I'll wait till our Devs get there hands on it. Don't want the same issues some people are having with the EVO 4G update. Don't want to lose root, and have to wait.


Shifted on my Mik BETA G powered Shift from neverland using XDA Premium App
 
kbrn
Old
#5  
kbrn's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85
Posts: 577
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by prboy1969 View Post
Thanks for the heads up. It's about time they said something. Sounds good, but I'll wait till our Devs get there hands on it. Don't want the same issues some people are having with the EVO 4G update. Don't want to lose root, and have to wait.


Shifted on my Mik BETA G powered Shift from neverland using XDA Premium App
Actually the EVO 4G owners are getting an update to fix the GB issues the same date that the Shift is getting the GB update


Sprint>>Samsung Moment>>htc EVO Shift 4g>>Motorola Photon>>htc EVO 4G LTE>>Samsung Galaxy Note 2<< Verizon>>htc One M8
 
csdj92
Old
#6  
csdj92's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 94
Join Date: Mar 2011
Well on the plus side netflix should work =)

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA App
"You never learn from succeeding"
 
jesusice
Old
#7  
jesusice's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1036
Posts: 3,022
Join Date: Dec 2010
Netflix works for me and I've been on 2.3.4 for a while now. What I want is an updated kernel source for our devs to play with. Remember, HTC is listening. Tweet, Facebook, email them or whatever and ask that they please release the source

^ Shift Faced
 
prboy1969
Old
#8  
prboy1969's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6205
Posts: 9,809
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrn View Post
Actually the EVO 4G owners are getting an update to fix the GB issues the same date that the Shift is getting the GB update
Yes, but if you do the OTA and have the new HBOOT you have to wait to root. I'd raher just wait for the Devs.
 
crump84
Old
#9  
crump84's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 450
Posts: 1,304
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The Gump
Quote:
Originally Posted by prboy1969 View Post
Yes, but if you do the OTA and have the new HBOOT you have to wait to root. I'd raher just wait for the Devs.
+1

Also, looks like updates could be pushing out as early as the 17th
http://androidheadlines.com/2011/06/...june-17th.html
 
foxsdaddy67
Old
#10  
foxsdaddy67's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 88
Posts: 591
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: St. Charles, MO

 
DONATE TO ME
hope it has the updated sense. and we dont get the same exact thing the evo did

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes