If you encounter a problem with the filesystem on /data like it has become corrupt, place a blank file called "eraseData" (without the quotes) in the clockworkmod folder on your external sdcard or usb storage. This will revert back to actually formatting /data.
WARNING: by doing this you will lose everything that you have in /data/media.
- use adb (PC):
- adb push recovery-thor2002ro-rev1.*.img /sdcard
- adb push itsmagic /data/local
- from terminal (TABLET):
- chmod 755 /data/local/itsmagic
- mount -o rw,remount /system
- rm /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
- mount -o ro,remount /system
- dd if=/sdcard/recovery-thor2002ro-rev1.*.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1
"recovery-thor2002ro-rev1.*.rar" - is for flashing normally with the normal method...
"update-recovery-thor2002ro-rev1.*.zip" - flashed from recovery and press reboot/power off(v1.1 don't use "Advanced" -> "Reboot Recovery" only buttons in the main menu) after its flashed(don't try to flash from any other recovery other than mine, will not work)
Acer Recovery Installer APP thanks to Euclid's Brother http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=109
Video installation guide by cfcoleman
- skips /data/media in backup/restore/format of /data
- integrated "itsmagic"
- additional option in advanced to run itsmagic manually
- itsmagic is run on every restart/poweroff or recovery as a precautionary measure
- ability to use usb storage in recovery for backups and restores...(has a priority system in place if usb stick is present on mount its used as a "sdcard", if not it falls back to microsd card), unmount and mount will also trigger this.
- flexrom backup & restore
- bct + ebt + pt + gp1 backup(basically the first sectors of the flash that sc2k told you to backup when itsmagic got released...)
- retrieve uid
- itsmagic run at startup
- usb keyboard fix
- fixed background disappearing
- removed itsmagic from reboot/poweroff, not needed itsmagic is run at startup...
- fixed flexrom not being present in advanced restore menu
- fixed back disappearing in Mounts and Storage menu
- added sync before md5 generation
- sync and unmount of /sdcard after succesful backup
- sync and unmount of /sdcard at reboot/poweroff
Thanks to sc2k for testing this.
Even though this recovery has been tested, I am not liable for any loss of data or any damages done by this recovery.