[Recovery] ClockworkMod Recovery 1.3.4(updated 24.06.2011)
OK, here is ClockworkMod Recovery for our beloved A500
If you encounter a problem with the filesystem on /data like it has become corrupt, place a blank file called "eraseData" (without the quotes) in the clockworkmod folder on your external sdcard or usb storage. This will revert back to actually formatting /data.
WARNING: by doing this you will lose everything that you have in /data/media.
"recovery-thor2002ro-rev1.*.rar" - is for flashing normally with the normal method...
"update-recovery-thor2002ro-rev1.*.zip" - flashed from recovery and press reboot/power off(v1.1 don't use "Advanced" -> "Reboot Recovery" only buttons in the main menu) after its flashed(don't try to flash from any other recovery other than mine, will not work)
Acer Recovery Installer APP
- use adb (PC):
- adb push recovery-thor2002ro-rev1.*.img /sdcard
- adb push itsmagic /data/local
- from terminal (TABLET):
- chmod 755 /data/local/itsmagic
- mount -o rw,remount /system
- rm /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
- mount -o ro,remount /system
- dd if=/sdcard/recovery-thor2002ro-rev1.*.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1
thanks to Euclid's Brother http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=109
Video installation guide by cfcoleman
- skips /data/media in backup/restore/format of /data
- integrated "itsmagic"
- additional option in advanced to run itsmagic manually
- itsmagic is run on every restart/poweroff or recovery as a precautionary measure
- ability to use usb storage in recovery for backups and restores...(has a priority system in place if usb stick is present on mount its used as a "sdcard", if not it falls back to microsd card), unmount and mount will also trigger this.
- flexrom backup & restore
- bct + ebt + pt + gp1 backup(basically the first sectors of the flash that sc2k told you to backup when itsmagic got released...)
- retrieve uid
- itsmagic run at startup
- usb keyboard fix
- fixed background disappearing
- removed itsmagic from reboot/poweroff, not needed itsmagic is run at startup...
- fixed flexrom not being present in advanced restore menu
- fixed back disappearing in Mounts and Storage menu
1.3.4(still in testing...):
- added sync before md5 generation
- sync and unmount of /sdcard after succesful backup
- sync and unmount of /sdcard at reboot/poweroff
Thanks to sc2k for testing this.
Even though this recovery has been tested, I am not liable for any loss of data or any damages done by this recovery.
copy/paste or git merging is not development...
Samsung Galaxy Note
FW: Tegraowners JB ROM v3
Recovery: thor touch recovery galaxy note 1.9
Acer ICONIA A500 TAB WIFI Only
FW: Tegraowners JB ROM email@example.com_v5.2
If I did something you liked HIT THANKS (: and Donate for BEER FUND