Originally Posted by XxFerociouS
I've recently downloaded it and was wondering what it does?
Sorry for the noob question
Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App
Basically it does the following:
1) Call erase_image on CACHE, SYSTEM, USERDATA, and BOOT partitions
2) Mount /sd-ext (if it exists) and delete all files from it
3) Delete all files in the /sdcard/.android_secure directory which is where all the froyo apps2sd files live
4) Run e2fsck (file system repair) on the your ext partition
5) Log all output to the /tmp/wipe.log file (if you care)
You will need to power off and reboot back into recovery after running this to install a new rom....as you won't have one on device
If you forget and try to boot normally you will get stuck at splash screen, then you will have to pull battery to power off.