Well, the V6 Supercharger Script is an excellent tool created by zeppelinrox to fix memory management for any Custom ROM based on Android 2.3+ Type, that we install on our little phone! Android 2.2 or less don't needed, because they got LG's original support.
Why I recommend that we users of the GT540, the use of this script?
- Because we have only 156MB of RAM, and Android 2.3 is very aggressive on memory management, closing any application that is in the background, such as music player, streaming music, to let free RAM. But in practice this does not happen very well.
- With this script running on the GT540, you will be able to browse the Internet using any browser with multiple tabs opened and listening to music (I use the MixZing) or play Angry Birds listening to your favorite music, without closing the applications and Widgets in the background.
- This is also good for those with Widgets that need to be running in the background to be refreshed, such as Gmail Notifier, Digital Clock Widget and Extended Controls.
- And another important thing, is that the Home Launcher is not closed (NO MORE LAUNCHER REDRAWS), even after you've played Angry Birds listening to MixZing or PowerAMP, if you need, you're back to Home Launcher without waiting to it being restarted or to load the items and Widgets again!! (IMPORTANT NOTE: UNCHECK THE "LOCK HOME IN MEMORY" on Settings> CyanogenMod settings> Performance)
- You don't need to kill your process and apps anymore. Its NOT recommended to use Task Killers!
Here are some Screens. Note that applications are running since they were started without having closed, since Android was restarted.
- You must be root of course!
- Using ANY custom ROM.
- Root Explorer Installed (Come's with CyanogenMod!)
Step 1: Download and Install Busybox Installer
- Run the Installer Busybox
Step 2: Download and Install Script Manager
- After installing, run the app, press the MENU button and go to MORE and then in ADVANCED OPTIONS and now in CONFIG and leave the options marked exactly as shown in the screen below:
Step 3: Download the Script V6 SuperCharger Update 8 HERE (Right Click, then Save as .txt or download it in the end of this post)
- Put it in the root of MicroSD card.
Step 4: Run the Script Manager
- Open the "V6-SuperCharger_for_Android-update8.sh.txt" and check the option "Run as root" ONLY
- Now, run the script!
- Firstly, choose the Scrolling text Speed, from 1 to 3
- Touch the screen and tap the number 6, Balanced 3, the best choice for GT540, and hit ENTER .... The script will work .... after finished, touch the screen again and tap the number 16, to exit, and press the HOME button.
NO NEED TO DO STEP 5 AND STEP 6 ANYMORE.
ZEPPELIN FIXED, AND NOW THE SCRIPT RUN AUTOMATICALLY AFTER THE BOOT!!
Step 7: REBOOT YOUR PHONE!
Step 8: Now let's take the test, if it worked or not:
- Run the Script Manager again;
- Run the script "V6-SuperCharger_for_Android-update8.sh.txt". Do not forget, "Run as ROOT"
- And see if it is exactly as picture below, if written "Launcher is .... HARD TO KILL!" and just above "NOTE: Current Minfrees = 6, 8, 26, 28, 30, 32 mb" its WORKING!
- Now, just enjoy the new GT540! LOL!
Thanks to zeppelin, for creating this wonderful and excellent script!
Any questions post here I we will try to resolve it in the best way possible.
And Sorry for my bad English...