[Tutorial - Updt. 07/07/2012] Installing V6 SuperCharger with BEST config. for GT540!

Search This thread

MalarKeY007

May 21, 2011
TUTORIAL EM PORTUGUÊS? BAIXE O DOCUMENTO NO FIM DESSE POST! :D

Well, the V6 Supercharger Script is an excellent tool created by zeppelinrox to fix memory management for any Custom ROM based on Android 2.3+ Type, that we install on our little phone! Android 2.2 or less don't needed, because they got LG's original support.

PAY ATTENTION TO DO THE TUTORIAL CORRECTLY!

Why I recommend that we users of the GT540, the use of this script?

• Because we have only 156MB of RAM, and Android 2.3 is very aggressive on memory management, closing any application that is in the background, such as music player, streaming music, to let free RAM. But in practice this does not happen very well.

• With this script running on the GT540, you will be able to browse the Internet using any browser with multiple tabs opened and listening to music (I use the MixZing) or play Angry Birds listening to your favorite music, without closing the applications and Widgets in the background.

• This is also good for those with Widgets that need to be running in the background to be refreshed, such as Gmail Notifier, Digital Clock Widget and Extended Controls.

• And another important thing, is that the Home Launcher is not closed (NO MORE LAUNCHER REDRAWS), even after you've played Angry Birds listening to MixZing or PowerAMP, if you need, you're back to Home Launcher without waiting to it being restarted or to load the items and Widgets again!! (IMPORTANT NOTE: UNCHECK THE "LOCK HOME IN MEMORY" on Settings> CyanogenMod settings> Performance)

• You don't need to kill your process and apps anymore. Its NOT recommended to use Task Killers!

Here are some Screens. Note that applications are running since they were started without having closed, since Android was restarted.

screenshot1vk.png
screenshot2amq.png

INSTRUCTIONS

• You must be root of course!
  • Using ANY custom ROM.
  • Root Explorer Installed (Come's with CyanogenMod!)
P.S. When Installing Programs, MAKE SURE Script Manager are installed on PHONE and NOT in the MicroSD Card!

Step 1: Download and Install Busybox Installer

• Run the Installer Busybox
Select the version 1.18.2, the Version 1.18.3 or newer are VERY much a hassle with errors that should NOT be errors! (From Original Zeppelin Thread)

screenshot3v.png

Step 2: Download and Install Script Manager

screenshot3zv.png

• After installing, run the app, press the MENU button and go to MORE and then in ADVANCED OPTIONS and now in CONFIG and leave the options marked exactly as shown in the screen below:

screenshot4jx.png

Step 3: Download the Script V6 SuperCharger Update 8 HERE
(Right Click, then Save as .txt or download it in the end of this post)

• Put it in the root of MicroSD card.

screenshot5ne.png

Step 4: Run the Script Manager

screenshot6rs.png

• Open the "V6-SuperCharger_for_Android-update8.sh.txt" and check the option "Run as root" ONLY
screenshot7dc.png

• Now, run the script!

screenshot2qn.png

• Firstly, choose the Scrolling text Speed, from 1 to 3
  • Touch the screen and tap the number 6, Balanced 3, the best choice for GT540, and hit ENTER .... The script will work .... after finished, touch the screen again and tap the number 16, to exit, and press the HOME button.

NO NEED TO DO STEP 5 AND STEP 6 ANYMORE.
ZEPPELIN FIXED, AND NOW THE SCRIPT RUN AUTOMATICALLY AFTER THE BOOT!!

Step 7: REBOOT YOUR PHONE!

Step 8: Now let's take the test, if it worked or not:

• Run the Script Manager again;
  • Run the script "V6-SuperCharger_for_Android-update8.sh.txt". Do not forget, "Run as ROOT"
  • And see if it is exactly as picture below, if written "Launcher is .... HARD TO KILL!" and just above "NOTE: Current Minfrees = 6, 8, 26, 28, 30, 32 mb" its WORKING!

screenshot2qn.png

• Now, just enjoy the new GT540! LOL!

Thanks to zeppelin, for creating this wonderful and excellent script!

Any questions post here I we will try to resolve it in the best way possible.

And Sorry for my bad English...

Attachments

• V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-update8.sh.txt
    41 KB · Views: 12,250
Last edited:

MalarKeY007

May 21, 2011
About the script.......
Increase the battery life??
Its reversible??
When I upgrade to M7 (for example) I need repeat the entire process??

Good work, and thanks for sharing!!!!

This doesn't change the battery life.
Yes, it's reversible, in the Script have a option to "unSuperCharge"
When you upgrade to M7, YOU HAVE to repeat the entire process again, because are changed the minfree values.

Thanks! :D

mind_challenge

Feb 17, 2011
Rijeka
I can't get the minfrees to 6,8,26,28,30,32. I repeated the tutorial 3 times, Launcher is set to hard to kill, but minfrees don't change to what they should after the reboot
Edit: Nevermind, i found the problem, it was Autokiller memory optimizer which was setting minfrees to old values

Last edited:

zeppelinrox

Dec 21, 2010
IN THE FREAKIN' OP
****in A... I like it :D

Although steps 5 and 6 shouldn't be necessary.
If you have an init.d folder, 99SuperCharger *should* run automatically when you boot up without Script Manager doing it again.

If you reboot and run the install script and the setting don't stick, then do steps 5 and 6.
Most of the time it does stick automatically.
But it seems to be an issue with some roms with some versions of busybox.
I think older busybox versions like 1.16.2 might be more reliable.

And if you change the font using the font button, it actually looks better.

The formatting was perfect until the Script Manager dev changed all the font stuff they did add the font button with my SuperCharger script in mind, which I was really surprised to learn lol

However, V8 SuperCharger will be even better...

MalarKeY007

May 21, 2011

If you have an init.d folder, 99SuperCharger *should* run automatically when you boot up without Script Manager doing it again.

If you reboot and run the install script and the setting don't stick, then do steps 5 and 6.

The formatting was perfect until the Script Manager dev changed all the font stuff they did add the font button with my SuperCharger script in mind, which I was really surprised to learn lol

LOL, thanks for you feedback! I am really happy you enjoyed the tutorial!

The steps 5 and 6 must have to be done on our case... I don't know why, because the Cyanogen modification or Busybox version... but works very well.

The font doesn't is a problem LOL, just put in landscape mode and it looks perfect!

V8 version? waiting for the news!

And thanks again for your feedback zeppelinrox, I really enjoyed it.

Sent from my GT540 using Tapatalk

temh.pc

Mar 21, 2011
Adelaide, Australia
Joestone's ROM

Seems to have worked nicely on Jostone's ROM too (Tested on version; 0613 Fastboot)
Big thanks to you both :D

Note; On Joestone's rom 99SuperCharger.sh is located in /data/ instead of /system/etc/init.d/

Tom

Last edited:

angemon10

Dec 30, 2010
Serbia
What is difference between this script method and Auto Memory Manager?

EDIT

Script works as crazy, much better than Auto Memory Manager.

Last edited:

MalarKeY007

May 21, 2011
What is difference between this script method and Auto Memory Manager?

• If you wish, you can create your own settings with this script;
  • This script locks the Home Launcher perfectly, without error;
  • The script runs once on boot, while the AMM runs in the background;
  • The script has predefined settings, so is not needed to testing each settings.
Basically, my problem with the Memory Manager has been resolved with the Script, while AMM can't resolved. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ChriisM

Mar 18, 2011
Dublin
www.youtube.com
Just did it there, And had a look at my ram usage , 86mb free :D Nice haah

Easy tutorial and Btw your english is perfect.

Just wondering tho, can i kill the script manager in my task killer?

MalarKeY007

May 21, 2011
Just did it there, And had a look at my ram usage , 86mb free :D Nice haah

Easy tutorial and Btw your english is perfect.

Just wondering tho, can i kill the script manager in my task killer?

Yes, but it closes automatically after some phone use. ;)

Glad you enjoyed!

Last edited:

wwenigma

Oct 6, 2007
Miskolc
Hard to use script. Use Auto Memory manager and in advanced settings , set this datas: 6/8/26/28/30/32. This is the balanced setting in this script. Easier? Yes. Faster? Yes. Safer? Yea.....

And first post is bad, we have 167MB total memory.

Last edited:

Malherbe

Dec 19, 2010
Normandy
Hello
I'm french excuse me for the translation thanks to google translate.
I followed the tutorial and everything goes on the screen shot when I step 8 and reboots the phone when I load script manager is original values​​.
how can I do
thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TUTORIAL EM PORTUGUÊS? BAIXE O DOCUMENTO NO FIM DESSE POST! :D

Well, the V6 Supercharger Script is an excellent tool created by zeppelinrox to fix memory management for any Custom ROM based on Android 2.3+ Type, that we install on our little phone! Android 2.2 or less don't needed, because they got LG's original support.

PAY ATTENTION TO DO THE TUTORIAL CORRECTLY!

Why I recommend that we users of the GT540, the use of this script?

• Because we have only 156MB of RAM, and Android 2.3 is very aggressive on memory management, closing any application that is in the background, such as music player, streaming music, to let free RAM. But in practice this does not happen very well.

• With this script running on the GT540, you will be able to browse the Internet using any browser with multiple tabs opened and listening to music (I use the MixZing) or play Angry Birds listening to your favorite music, without closing the applications and Widgets in the background.

• This is also good for those with Widgets that need to be running in the background to be refreshed, such as Gmail Notifier, Digital Clock Widget and Extended Controls.

• And another important thing, is that the Home Launcher is not closed (NO MORE LAUNCHER REDRAWS), even after you've played Angry Birds listening to MixZing or PowerAMP, if you need, you're back to Home Launcher without waiting to it being restarted or to load the items and Widgets again!! (IMPORTANT NOTE: UNCHECK THE "LOCK HOME IN MEMORY" on Settings> CyanogenMod settings> Performance)

• You don't need to kill your process and apps anymore. Its NOT recommended to use Task Killers!

Here are some Screens. Note that applications are running since they were started without having closed, since Android was restarted.

screenshot1vk.png
    screenshot2amq.png

INSTRUCTIONS

• You must be root of course!
    • Using ANY custom ROM.
    • Root Explorer Installed (Come's with CyanogenMod!)
    P.S. When Installing Programs, MAKE SURE Script Manager are installed on PHONE and NOT in the MicroSD Card!

Step 1: Download and Install Busybox Installer

• Run the Installer Busybox
    Select the version 1.18.2, the Version 1.18.3 or newer are VERY much a hassle with errors that should NOT be errors! (From Original Zeppelin Thread)

screenshot3v.png

Step 2: Download and Install Script Manager

screenshot3zv.png

• After installing, run the app, press the MENU button and go to MORE and then in ADVANCED OPTIONS and now in CONFIG and leave the options marked exactly as shown in the screen below:

screenshot4jx.png

Step 3: Download the Script V6 SuperCharger Update 8 HERE
    (Right Click, then Save as .txt or download it in the end of this post)

• Put it in the root of MicroSD card.

screenshot5ne.png

Step 4: Run the Script Manager

screenshot6rs.png

• Open the "V6-SuperCharger_for_Android-update8.sh.txt" and check the option "Run as root" ONLY
    screenshot7dc.png

• Now, run the script!

screenshot2qn.png

• Firstly, choose the Scrolling text Speed, from 1 to 3
    • Touch the screen and tap the number 6, Balanced 3, the best choice for GT540, and hit ENTER .... The script will work .... after finished, touch the screen again and tap the number 16, to exit, and press the HOME button.

NO NEED TO DO STEP 5 AND STEP 6 ANYMORE.
    ZEPPELIN FIXED, AND NOW THE SCRIPT RUN AUTOMATICALLY AFTER THE BOOT!!

Step 7: REBOOT YOUR PHONE!

Step 8: Now let's take the test, if it worked or not:

• Run the Script Manager again;
    • Run the script "V6-SuperCharger_for_Android-update8.sh.txt". Do not forget, "Run as ROOT"
    • And see if it is exactly as picture below, if written "Launcher is .... HARD TO KILL!" and just above "NOTE: Current Minfrees = 6, 8, 26, 28, 30, 32 mb" its WORKING!

screenshot2qn.png

• Now, just enjoy the new GT540! LOL!

Thanks to zeppelin, for creating this wonderful and excellent script!

Any questions post here I we will try to resolve it in the best way possible.

And Sorry for my bad English...

About the script.......
    Increase the battery life??
    Its reversible??
    When I upgrade to M7 (for example) I need repeat the entire process??

Good work, and thanks for sharing!!!!

This doesn't change the battery life.
    Yes, it's reversible, in the Script have a option to "unSuperCharge"
    When you upgrade to M7, YOU HAVE to repeat the entire process again, because are changed the minfree values.

Thanks! :D

LOL, thanks for you feedback! I am really happy you enjoyed the tutorial!

The steps 5 and 6 must have to be done on our case... I don't know why, because the Cyanogen modification or Busybox version... but works very well.

The font doesn't is a problem LOL, just put in landscape mode and it looks perfect!

V8 version? waiting for the news!

And thanks again for your feedback zeppelinrox, I really enjoyed it.

Sent from my GT540 using Tapatalk
    It's applied to whatever is set to be your default launcher.

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk