5,598,718 Members 37,698 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][2.3.3] Cognition 5 v2 | {4000 lockscreens, deodexed 5 times, rooted 20 times!!}

Tip us?

kennonk
Old
(Last edited by kennonk; 17th June 2011 at 06:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by blongs View Post
Also in "about phone" it shows HSDPA but I only get 3G in status bar. Not too sure why, I usually get HSDPA where I am.
Same for me.

Edit:
And I confirmed it with speed testing. I normally get 3-4Mb/sec down and 1 up in my office and on this rom the best I can get is around 1.2Mb/sec down and 400K up.

snowake
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennonk View Post
Been running the base KF1 with DG's insecure kernel now for about 13 hours and it is very stable for me. The only thing I haven't really tested is GPS performance but otherwise this is the smoothest stock rom by far. I had one FC with Google Voice that I restored with TiBu when trying to switch my Voice Mail Carrier to it but the second time worked fine. Otherwise no issues and I did a bulk restore of 100+ user apps from an i9000 Gb rom. I've run most of the i9000 based 2.3 roms and this stock so far has been the most stable and consistently smooth for me. I haven't bothered benchmarking anything yet and I bet Continuum with Talon 2.2 OC'd to 1.2GHz would beat this but as a daily driver rom this stock KF1 has been great so far. Way less features than all those awesome i9000 roms for sure, but that is what DG will bring to the table with Cog I am sure :)
Very good to hear, especially Tibu! Thanks. Were you able to restore mms through Tibu?

I have only had decent GPS with Jv6 modem on my 1007, but Jv6 has terrible call quality. How is reception and call quality on KF1?

snowake
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbong777 View Post
...I like that its a Captivate ROM. But even the i9000 Froyo ROMs were in some cases better than the native ones. Looking forward to a complete version.
Ditto, but i9000 GB roms through JVP have been awful for me. Especially call quality.

Josh K.
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpo1 View Post
Did you check your wifi sleep policy?
Where is this located? It seems to have resolved itself.

harpo1
Old
Thanks Meter 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh K. View Post
Where is this located? It seems to have resolved itself.
Settings/wireless and network/Wi-Fi settings then press the menu button and advance

If you need Dropbox click the link below.
http://db.tt/Pi3TMCD
The Following User Says Thank You to harpo1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

matt_b
Old
(Last edited by matt_b; 17th June 2011 at 06:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 36
oops above beat me to it

c0ldburn3r
Old
(Last edited by c0ldburn3r; 17th June 2011 at 06:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennonk View Post
Same for me.

Edit:
And I confirmed it with speed testing. I normally get 3-4Mb/sec down and 1 up in my office and on this rom the best I can get is around 1.2Mb/sec down and 400K up.
You are never going to see HSUPA speeds from an ATT rom for the Captivate. No FCC clearance.

1.2meg down and 200-400k up is 3G speed.
----------------------------------------------
Device: AT&T SGS IV
Rom: ShoStock/Jeboo Powered
GalaxyTab2 7.0 P3113 - Stock/Next Powered
B&N Nook HD+ - ModdedStock
AT&T SGS II - ShoStock/Pandora
AT&T Samsung Rugby Smart - Anyone want it?
AT&T Samsung Captivate - Retired
Just remember, use that little search button. It will save you from getting flamed... maybe

joeybear23
Old
Thanks Meter 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpo1 View Post
Settings/wireless and network/Wi-Fi settings then press the menu button and advance
Yeah, it's one of those ninja settings.
SGS4
Rooted MK2

↙ Please click THANKS below if I was at all helpful

kennonk
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowake View Post
Very good to hear, especially Tibu! Thanks. Were you able to restore mms through Tibu?

I have only had decent GPS with Jv6 modem on my 1007, but Jv6 has terrible call quality. How is reception and call quality on KF1?
I have never tried restoring mms through TiBu. Months ago I was burned restoring system stuff so I have a strict user apps only restore rule now.

Call clarity and volume have both been excellent on KF1 for me so far. I made about half a dozen calls this morning and it is nice not having the screen go black because of the proximity sensor bug that I had through all i9000 GB roms so far. Also the modem seems to be switching to 850MHz correctly.

DRShockie
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by warri View Post
im curious since it seems the bootloaders from the i9000 are different from the captivate leaked ones, if it would be possible to flash over an i9000 2.3.3 ROM (with boot-loaders)
This is a great quest for me too........

Tags
audience chip awesomeness, better than a rash, cog 5 + ext4 = win, cogasm, coggradulationsdg!, cognition5 beta