Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,552 Members 47,979 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Camera App not working at all!

Tip us?

Darkreignn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy [Q] Camera App not working at all!

Anyone else having this issue. My camera isnt working no matter what I try. When I hit the camera icon it goes into a black screen and stays there. Only button that works after that point is the home button.
So far I've tried virusrom, bamf, and 2 different sense kernals. I even restored a nandroid I had from March and it still does the same thing.

I dont know what cause this but it just happened one day. I noticed it last saturday when I tried to use it. Anyone know of a fix if any?

hatephil
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I had a similar problem with my front facing camera. I went into applications, selected All, clicked on camera and cleared the cache. It fixed my problem. Hope it works for you.

g00s3y
Old
Thanks Meter 144

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkreignn View Post
Anyone else having this issue. My camera isnt working no matter what I try. When I hit the camera icon it goes into a black screen and stays there. Only button that works after that point is the home button.
So far I've tried virusrom, bamf, and 2 different sense kernals. I even restored a nandroid I had from March and it still does the same thing.

I dont know what cause this but it just happened one day. I noticed it last saturday when I tried to use it. Anyone know of a fix if any?
As a last resort, go back to stock and see if it still happens, if so, it's a hardware problem and you can call up VZW and get them to ship you a replacement.
Sprint HTC One - Rooted & Unlocked
Sprint Moto X - Rooted & Unlocked

Darkreignn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Should I unroot the phone or just go to a stock Rom.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App

g00s3y
Old
Thanks Meter 144

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkreignn View Post
Should I unroot the phone or just go to a stock Rom.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App
did you try clearing the camera app data and cache?

I would go to the MR1 OTA. At least then if it doesn't work after that, you don't have to do anything to take it in or send it back.
Sprint HTC One - Rooted & Unlocked
Sprint Moto X - Rooted & Unlocked

hatephil
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Clear it. Do it.

a-n-d-r-e-y
Old
Thanks Meter 0
have the same problem. i even went back to stock. unrooted the phone. still dont work. verizon will replace it under warranty. just make sure everything is stock.