Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,503 Members 37,530 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Official Samsung Gingerbread Leak In the Pipeline

Tip us?

joshriccio
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Official Samsung Gingerbread Leak In the Pipeline

I just sold a spare Fascinate that I had to one of the guys that runs http://www.mydroidworld.com/ He has a leaked copy of the official samsung gingerbread build for the fascinate. He needed a fascinate to test it on. He told me that he will test it tonight and post all his info on his site tomorrow. Keep an eye for it. If I get any more info I will post.

Skrazz
Old
(Last edited by Skrazz; 18th June 2011 at 04:37 AM.)
Thanks Meter 87
I believe this with every fiber of my being. I'm banking it all on this being real. Going for broke! (vegas odds)

Sent from my SCH-I500
  • From Ashy...
  • To Classy.

joshriccio
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
its for real, here is my craigslist ad that i met him with http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/mob/2444423584.html

Skrazz
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Sweet! I have 30 large riding on this. Can't wait!

Sent from my SCH-I500
  • From Ashy...
  • To Classy.

jobu3434
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshriccio View Post
its for real, here is my craigslist ad that i met him with http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/mob/2444423584.html
pssh i would have bought it just to get ahold of that white battery door. i could use a nice change like that.

we will see what comes of this....i mean i could say there is a unicorn in my pocket when in reality its 32 cents in change.

hoping for the best tho

joshriccio
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
It was my girlfriends phone. She likes her iphone better so I tried to get what I could for this. He ended up paying 175, I wanted 200 originally.

lordnikko
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Sounds like he was trying to get a better deal.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

bratliff
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordnikko View Post
Sounds like he was trying to get a better deal.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App
is that p3droid? He said he was looking for a fascinate.. He was hoping to only pay 100. I volunteered to test but I guess he decided to buy a phone. I used his stuff on my droid x. Very smart dev. I hope this works out in our favor. TBH would be good to have supporting the fascinate.

kidserious
Old
(Last edited by kidserious; 18th June 2011 at 05:33 AM.)
Thanks Meter 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshriccio View Post
I just sold a spare Fascinate that I had to one of the guys that runs http://www.mydroidworld.com/ He has a leaked copy of the official samsung gingerbread build for the fascinate. He needed a fascinate to test it on. He told me that he will test it tonight and post all his info on his site tomorrow. Keep an eye for it. If I get any more info I will post.
I don't mean to sound negative with this statement. But even if this does actually happen, I just have this strange inclination that this leak will have absolutely no benefit or bearing on the development of CM7 or GB MIUI or anything else that our devs are cooking up. Official froyo brought nothing as far as added functionality to the roms of that time and I just don't see a GB leak doing it either. Samsung's proprietary code SUCKS so bad that we can't hardly do anything with it. Even if it's a fully functioning GB leak, it will be TouchWiz. I mean at best we are looking at some custom TouchWiz GB roms. I would rather have AOSP froyo than GB TouchWiz. I just don't want us to set ourselves up for disappointment. Anything we get out of this leak will probably be a couple steps behind where we already are.

joshriccio
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidserious View Post
I don't mean to sound negative with this statement. But even if this does actually happen, I just have this strange inclination that this leak will have absolutely no benefit or bearing on the development of CM7 or GB MIUI or anything else that our devs are cooking up. Official froyo brought nothing as far as added functionality to the roms of that time and I just don't see a GB leak doing it either. Samsung's proprietary code SUCKS so bad that we can't hardly do anything with it. Even if it's a fully functioning GB leak, it will be TouchWiz. I mean at best we are looking at some custom TouchWiz GB roms. I would rather have AOSP froyo than GB TouchWiz. I just don't want us to set ourselves up for disappointment. Anything we get out of this leak will probably be a couple steps behind where we already are.
I don't dev, so I really have no clue, but wouldnt a gingerbread leak at least help get mms, sensors, and gps? and possibly lead to a more stable build?