XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What's the best sms app?

Tip us?

DarkkEnergy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default What's the best sms app?

I'm literally looking for an sms app that looks like the iphone sms. Which is the best free and paid apps?
Phone: Zio M6000
ROM: Froyo v2.2.1 Stock
MOD: 1-click root

acesshex
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Handcent

Sent from my Zio using XDA Premium App

Spz0
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 117

DONATE TO ME
agreed. Handcent is what u'd be after if ur looking for an iphone-ish sms app.

That being said, it still doesnt hold a candle to the responsiveness of the stock sms app, even with the overclock.
I do however love the bells and whistles of handcent (mainly the popup box on incoming sms msgs.).
.......OpenAndroid Devices.......
...Kyocera M6000(zio)
OpenZio ROM 2.1.2
Adrynalyne OC
...Pandigital Planet
OpenPDP ROM-2.2.1
OpenPDP ROM-2.3.4
...Samsung ?SCH-R720 (Vitality)
OpenAndroid ROM 2.3 w/Spz0's OC Kernel
...Moto Droid X
VXL-OpenAndroid 2.1.2
Lots moar..

>Donate<

tlc08071
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spz0 View Post
agreed. Handcent is what u'd be after if ur looking for an iphone-ish sms app.

That being said, it still doesnt hold a candle to the responsiveness of the stock sms app, even with the overclock.
I do however love the bells and whistles of handcent (mainly the popup box on incoming sms msgs.).
I totally agree with you Spz0, I've been using Handcent sms now since 2 days after i got my phone, the only other app I had used was GoSms which has alot of the same features as handcent, but I stuck the handcent just the same. I do have some issues sometimes though, like after deleting a message I'll end up receiving it again. I've been trying to figure that one out since day 1. However, I love that app either way.

pyraxiate
Old
Thanks Meter 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc08071 View Post
I totally agree with you Spz0, I've been using Handcent sms now since 2 days after i got my phone, the only other app I had used was GoSms which has alot of the same features as handcent, but I stuck the handcent just the same. I do have some issues sometimes though, like after deleting a message I'll end up receiving it again. I've been trying to figure that one out since day 1. However, I love that app either way.
Ive pretty much resorted to "Go" for everything but launcher. Go SMS, Go contacts, Go dialer. My opinion is that its smooth, functional, and has tons of features ( Easier contact search options for dialing ect )
Devices - T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 | Asus Transformer Tab TF300T
Roms - JediMaster 13 + Jedi X 13 - - - - - - - | CleanRom Inheritance 3.4.6 W / Untermench's 10.4.4.20 Kernel
Home Internet Speed - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -> Work Internet Speed

If I have helped and you would like to donate, Click Here

DarkkEnergy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Tried handcent sms and I didn't like the responsiveness. I just decided to stick with the stock sms app as it is more responsive.
Phone: Zio M6000
ROM: Froyo v2.2.1 Stock
MOD: 1-click root