Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,956 Members 49,304 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Headset Issues

Tip us?

jahmezis45
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Arrow [Q] Headset Issues

Im having erratic headset issues. when i have my headset plugged in and trying to listen to music in any music player program, my phone randomly starts making phone calls, it hangs up by itself and my phone makes all types of crazy beeping noises. also while headset plugged in it randomly opens up another music player, it will play for a few seconds then cut back on and back off and back on so ill have two different music players going at the same time. Its not the settings inside of either music player causing this! ie resume music when headset plugged in or vice versa... Does anyone have any idea why this happens. i have a lot of music on my sd card and need to get my headset working properly.
Im Rocking with that HTC SENSATION

jahmezis45
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
any help? bump

xnifex
Old
Thanks Meter 165
don't know what would cause that but maybe a hard reset will fix it?
Samsung e315 > HTC MDA > HTC Kaiser > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC HD2 > HTC Sensation > Nexus 4
The Following User Says Thank You to xnifex For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jahmezis45
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
thanks ill give it a try

mortal300
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I know people complaining of that too. THey plug in to listen to music and put phone in their pocket and all kinds of crazy sh*t happens. The head jack is like super loose and buggy or somethinn!
Nexus 5 - White 32GB - GSM - T-Mobile (Unlocked & Rooted - Stock KitKat 4.4.3 - Faux Kernel)
Nexus 7 - 16GB (Stock KitKat 4.4.2)
Nexus 4 - GSM - T-Mobile
Galaxy Nexus - GSM - T-Mobile
Nexus S - GSM - T-Mobile
Nexus One - GSM - T-Mobile
HTC G1 - GSM - T-Mobile

jahmezis45
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortal300 View Post
I know people complaining of that too. THey plug in to listen to music and put phone in their pocket and all kinds of crazy sh*t happens. The head jack is like super loose and buggy or somethinn!
Did anyone talk of a fix or anything?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App

guywithcable
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm having the same problem. My headset doesn't respond while the phone is on, but as soon as I turn it off (standby), it starts calling the last person I called and stopping/starting music.

PS: I can't wait till this phone is unlocked so we can get some roms on it and actually use it to its potential.

Lilburd
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Double pressing the call/play button on the headset will call the last person in your call list, so maybe that is sticking somehow. Maybe see if another stock sensation headset works.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA App

guywithcable
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilburd View Post
Double pressing the call/play button on the headset will call the last person in your call list, so maybe that is sticking somehow. Maybe see if another stock sensation headset works.

At first I thought it was sticking, but then why would it not work when the screen is on? As soon as I turn the screen off is when it starts freaking out.

Lilburd
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I've also just noticed that there seem to be two different headset modes; if you don't push the jack all the way in, the icon in the task bar will only show headphones and the call button will not work, but if you push it all the way in, it shows a full headset with a microphone and the call button will work. I'm wondering if maybe you're jack placed somewhere between these two points.