Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

[ROM] F1 Galaxy S II V7 [Look & Feel Of Galaxy S II][v8.0 (FINAL BETA!)][3-2-12]

OP Faryaab

5th February 2012, 11:41 AM   |  #3171  
Flag Toowoomba
Thanks Meter: 8

53 posts
More
Righto thanks. Do I just flash CSC file? I have one on the computer I can do, but just forget how to do it. Sorry for the stupid questions.
5th February 2012, 11:53 AM   |  #3172  
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag London, UK
Thanks Meter: 14,227

2,834 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrenMcgee

Righto thanks. Do I just flash CSC file? I have one on the computer I can do, but just forget how to do it. Sorry for the stupid questions.

Watch this video by TotallyDubbed
5th February 2012, 11:59 AM   |  #3173  
Flag Toowoomba

53 posts
More
Thanks mate, figured it out and apparently worked. Will flash yours now
5th February 2012, 12:05 PM   |  #3174  
Flag Ljubljana
Thanks Meter: 2

17 posts
More
thanks the rom is great - Polaris office will no longer be included as in previous versions?
5th February 2012, 12:58 PM   |  #3175  
Flag Toowoomba

53 posts
More
I think I have found a bug. I don't think it has been mentioned yet. When inputting text I use the 3x4 keypad. It ONLY inputs numbers. With it set on letter input, and with XT9 on, it only enters numbers in the text box. Is there a way to fix this?

On a side note, how come the home screen is the 4th screen? On my SGS2 the home screen is the 1st screen.

Cheers
5th February 2012, 01:01 PM   |  #3176  
Flag Denbigh
Thanks Meter: 97

775 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrenMcgee

I think I have found a bug. I don't think it has been mentioned yet. When inputting text I use the 3x4 keypad. It ONLY inputs numbers. With it set on letter input, and with XT9 on, it only enters numbers in the text box. Is there a way to fix this?

On a side note, how come the home screen is the 4th screen? On my SGS2 the home screen is the 1st screen.

Cheers

I've had that issue before on some roms but I can't for the life of me remember how to fix it. I think it is something to do with the t9 database folder or something, maybe wrong but I've been on stock JVU for ages now and my memory ain't what it used to be
5th February 2012, 01:13 PM   |  #3177  
Flag Toowoomba

53 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdyl69

I've had that issue before on some roms but I can't for the life of me remember how to fix it. I think it is something to do with the t9 database folder or something, maybe wrong but I've been on stock JVU for ages now and my memory ain't what it used to be

Oh ok. Thanks mate, hopefully Faryaab can come in and help me out.
5th February 2012, 03:06 PM   |  #3178  
Thanks Meter: 4

75 posts
since Im from germany and we use qwertz keyboard, is there any way for me to exchange the y and z key position on the virtual samsung keyboard?
5th February 2012, 06:11 PM   |  #3179  
Flag GLASGOW, UK
Thanks Meter: 243

897 posts
Need to change the arrows with text at the bottom of emails such as manual setup, next...
Also a wifi fix as mine turns green but doesnt connect straight away as other post mentioned
5th February 2012, 10:46 PM   |  #3180  
Thanks Meter: 4

75 posts
I tried to apply the wifi fix as described in here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1467799 , seems like it worked fine. Im a noob regarding compiling, but I tried to follow some instructions and hopefully its all good. files below are for v8.0 final beta !!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?rh4pean6myps78v
http://www.mediafire.com/?9s4c3tzvzl59599

I already replaced my framework.jar and services.jar with the ones I recompiled and I can say that my phone is at least still working *g* (first boot after replacing could take a bit longer). not sure if wifi is better, you can try to test it for yourselves. before replacing those files, check file permissions of those two files, how they are set, write it down and apply them in the same way after you replaced the files, before rebooting. In some cases, when permissions are not set correctly it might happen that the phone wont boot any more. (also back up your old files in order to be on the safe side).

in addition, dont forget also to replace the files from the wifi-fix .rar file found in the thread linked above, in the phone or rom / system / etc / wifi folder with the ones located on your phone (albeit they appear to be 100% identical, so perhaps this step is not needed at all).

I DONT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY IN CASE YOUR PHONE SHOULD NOT WORK ANY MORE AFTERWARDS!

edit: noticed that the wifi icon still stays teal after rebooting (until you turn it off/on again), but the wlan connection nevertheless seems to be established properly (if auto connection is enabled to a nearby network)
Last edited by Thunderbolt8; 6th February 2012 at 04:00 AM.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
f1 galaxy s ii, f1 galaxy s2, sgs2 rom for sgs, sgsii port, touchwiz 4 for galaxy s
Previous Thread Next Thread