5,599,254 Members 37,364 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Screen Quality, please help us narrow it down. Good = No Moisture Bad= Moisture
16GB Metalic Grey - Good 129 18.35%
16GB White- Good 86 12.23%
32GB Metalic Grey- Good 78 11.10%
32GB White - Good 30 4.27%
16GB Metalic Grey- Bad 146 20.77%
16GB White - Bad 104 14.79%
32GB Metalic Grey- Bad 99 14.08%
32GB White - Bad 31 4.41%
Voters: 703. You may not vote on this poll

Moisture under screen

Tip us?

wesbalmer
Old
(Last edited by wesbalmer; 25th June 2011 at 04:26 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Exclamation Moisture under screen

Okay, so my friend had purchased a 32GB Metalic Grey and has the same issue. We're returning today.

What a pain in the ass it was to grab that pic...
HTC Dream 1year> Nexus One 6months> Motorola Droid I/O10 Gift> HTC Evo4G I/O10 Gift> Samsung Vibrant ~1month> Nexus One 4months> MyTouch4G ~1month> Nexus S ~1month> Nexus One ~1month> HTC HD2 ~1month> Nexus One -in use> LG G2x 4months> HTC-Sensation ~2months> LG G2x -in use

Logitech Revue 3 Months, didnt really use it
GalaxyTab 10.1 Less than a month, waiting for next gen Tegra3
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wesbalmer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lqaddict
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesbalmer View Post
PSA. My first tab had water under the screen that only showed up under direct sunlight. Check yours, I had to return my tab today and grabbed the last one in stock.
I don't think what you saw was moisture. It is "liquid" part of the LCD tech. I had it on my tab in one small spot that will only show up when you depress it.
My latest exchanged Tab does not have it.

sent from an android device
The Linux philosophy is 'Laugh in the face of danger'. Oops. Wrong One. 'Do it yourself'. Yes, that's it.
-- Linus Torvalds

lse4
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I believe I had the same thing... Right in the middle it looked like if u would push a TV screen in. it had that kinda mark on mine. And on top of that I ordered the grey back and they gave me the white one... So I returned it

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App
The Following User Says Thank You to lse4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wesbalmer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Would you all consider the screen defective then? I thought if it were moisture I should exchange it before it caused harm.
HTC Dream 1year> Nexus One 6months> Motorola Droid I/O10 Gift> HTC Evo4G I/O10 Gift> Samsung Vibrant ~1month> Nexus One 4months> MyTouch4G ~1month> Nexus S ~1month> Nexus One ~1month> HTC HD2 ~1month> Nexus One -in use> LG G2x 4months> HTC-Sensation ~2months> LG G2x -in use

SenatorKen
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Moisture Under Screen

Glad i found this post. I have the same issue. I also wonder if its a defect/should be replaced or whethe iits likely to "evaporate" or worsen over time.

wesbalmer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenatorKen View Post
Glad i found this post. I have the same issue. I also wonder if its a defect/should be replaced or whethe iits likely to "evaporate" or worsen over time.
I took it in, and after geek squad "checked it over" the super isle that was there said she was glad that I brought it back, to prevent any further damage

The Following User Says Thank You to wesbalmer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SenatorKen
Old
Thanks Meter 1
thanks, saw other thread on 'build quality issue', and seeing he had three bad, with dead pixels a nd/or dust under the screen, was wondering if i may get a worse one. Guess ill call to find one and inspect new one in store.

matt310
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Any pics of this issue guys?

akarol
Old
Thanks Meter 223
Interested in seeing a picture as well. Would guide me in what you look for.
Device: Black Nexus 5 (32GB)
ROM: Droidkang v19
Kernel: ElementalX 0.34

Device: Nexus 7 (16GB)
ROM: Stock 4.4 (KitKat) - Rooted
Kernel: ElementalX 2.10

kitts
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by akarol View Post
Interested in seeing a picture as well. Would guide me in what you look for.
Mine does as well. I don't have a picture of it from the Tab, but here is a link shows the same issue on older Touch Pro 2. I looked up since I returned my two touch pro 2s due to the same issue. and Now on Tab

touch pro 2 screen issue