Guides Alpharevx , Rooting and Much Moree !!
1st of all alpharevx works for both Froyo & GB confirmed and tested by a official alpharevx team member !!
1. Settings->Power->Uncheck Fastboot
2. Run latest version of HTC Sync on your PC and connect phone in HTC Sync mode and sync all your files.Remove HTC Sync and not the drivers ..
3. Reboot phone.
4. Settings->Applications->Development->Check USB Debugging
5. Run AlphaRevX and connect phone to PC in Charge Only mode
6. AlphaRevX should recognise your phone and show your Device Serial number, typically it should be something like HTXXETDXXXXX
7. Now type this out in the AlphaRevX page, the Key Generator appears only after you click the 'Download for Windows' link
8. Type out the key in the AlphaRevX software, keeping in mind the upper and lower case letters and press enter
9. AlphaRevX should start doing its thing and I got S-OFF at my first attempt in under 90 seconds
10. If it takes longer, just wait for the 15 minutes mark, if nothing, then reboot phone and retry. Some members got S-OFF after multiple tries
*After a successfull S-OFF
for : fastboot wait device
power on ur phone pressing volume down + power button ..
run the neccessary commands on windows cmd prompt , when it shows wait for device
then click on fastboot on the phone's screen . here click is enabled by pressing the power button !!
* Make sure you have disabled your antivirus and firewall !!
On windows7 if UAC is enable make sure you right click and run it as administrator
Special thanks to JohnAnderton on this info :
If AlphaRevX isn't working for you (kept "hanging" at Step 2 i.e. attempting to get root). This was because AlphaRevX doesn't work with certain carrier variants are GingerBreak patched
It didn't work for me on the India/Asia version.
To check your software version, go to settings > about > software version > build version. If it says 2.12.720.5, I'm sorry but you'll have to do the Optus/Virgin AU ROM installation.
Here are the steps to do that:
1) Download the Optus ROM (261 MB)
2) create a gold card
3) run the ROM installer and wait for it to extract, go to your tmp folder (start > run > %tmp% > sort by date > see newest folder > dig in deep and find rom.zip)
4) take rom.zip and put it on your SD with the name PG32IMG.zip
5) Reboot your phone into boot loader (this can be done by switching your phone off, waiting 5 seconds, turning your phone on with the volume down pressed). It will see that you have PG35IMG.zip so it will verify and install it. It will come to the boot loader again and once it's done installing it will load the OS (the regular HTC white page followed by Optus' logo. Once you're in the OS, remove PG32IMG.zip
Special thanks to Cardii :
Permanent Root using Gingerbreak v1.2. Just follow these steps.
1. Download Astro File Manager (Free or Paid)
2. Download Gingerbreak v1.2 from the Gingerbreak thread on XDA (Google it)
3. Place Gingerbreak.apk on your SD Card (no format required)
4. Run Astro File Manager and install Gingerbreak
5. Reboot phone
6. Open Gingerbreak and click Root Device
7. Takes a few mins to root, phone should automatically boot and if you find Superuser installed then you have permanent root. In some cases you might have not have an automatic reboot, in that case you'll get a message along these lines 'Reboot has failed, please reboot manually and check if Superuser has been installed'. If the process is hanging at the 'Rooting Device' for longer than 10 mins, just reboot the phone and try again.
8. You should have root.
if its not rooting by this method try another sd card manually format it and den give it a try .. it should work
for gingerbreak v1.2 refer to this thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1044765
For installing custom roms follow the guide here :
and if u get stuck in step 2 follow this :
About Radio for S-off:
How to Use AlphaRev's tool to S-Off your Incredible S [ Video ]: