Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,679 Members 42,609 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AplhaRev X Help & Support

Tip us?
 
dannyjmcguinness
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 33
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default AplhaRev X Help & Support

Hey everybody,

I'm opening this thread as a support tool for AplhaRev X.

I'm going to go first with my problem.

Phone gets detected, Beta key accepted and then I get to aquiring root.....

And that seems to be as far as I can get. I just seem to get stuck there.

Firstly I did it using Windows 7, which tells you to wait up to 15 mins and I went over this period. I did a factory reset on phone and tried again with the same result

I've just tried the Linux version on Ubuntu, again with the same result.

I've been connected as charge only, usb debugging turned on.

Currently running eclair 1.37 WWE but with hboot 1.01.0002 after several downgrades/upgrades attempting to root my phone. I am also using a goldcard and a modded misc image.

Why am I getting stuck at this point? Do I need to flash 2.2 first? Do I need to format sdcard or something?

Thanks
 
Mipery
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 44
Join Date: Apr 2011
Im kind of new to android and I would love to try this, but could some1 please first post or link me a guide wich tells me what to do after this alpharev X's s-off, if i would like to install cyanogenmod (and i guess clockwordmod recovery needs to be installed too)?
Phone history:
[Nokia 6210] -> [Nokia 3220] ->[Nokia N71] -> [Nokia E51] -> [HTC Wildfire] -> [Nokia N9]
 
Hooda_mask
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 198
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Suez
When i Run It

It Says That
Rebooting to fastboot (again)...
Waiting for fastboot...
FAILED - Go have some lemonade!
Press (almost) any key to exit.


Helllllllllllllllllllllp
The Following User Says Thank You to Hooda_mask For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
dannyjmcguinness
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 33
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default Problem Solved

Sorted,

Upgraded to Froyo which downgraded Hboot from 1.01.0002 to 1.01.0001,
redownloaded for hboot 1.01.0001 ran it and instant success.

Well done AlphaRev, its fantastic what you have achieved.

Theres a donation coming your way (not till payday though)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyjmcguinness View Post
Hey everybody,

I'm opening this thread as a support tool for AplhaRev X.

I'm going to go first with my problem.

Phone gets detected, Beta key accepted and then I get to aquiring root.....

And that seems to be as far as I can get. I just seem to get stuck there.

Firstly I did it using Windows 7, which tells you to wait up to 15 mins and I went over this period. I did a factory reset on phone and tried again with the same result

I've just tried the Linux version on Ubuntu, again with the same result.

I've been connected as charge only, usb debugging turned on.

Currently running eclair 1.37 WWE but with hboot 1.01.0002 after several downgrades/upgrades attempting to root my phone. I am also using a goldcard and a modded misc image.

Why am I getting stuck at this point? Do I need to flash 2.2 first? Do I need to format sdcard or something?

Thanks
 
nejodagreat
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Is there anything else that I need beside AlphaRev X software? Because I run the software and connect the phone and it says "Waiting for device...". I left it for ten minutes and it still didn't detect my phone. Also, I have enabled USB debugging and selected "Charge only" mode when connected to PC. Am I doing something wrong?
Also note that I don't know a lot about flashing.
Thanks in advance
 
Lesicnik1
Old
#6  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 736
Posts: 2,252
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Slovenj Gradec
You need:

Unrevoked hboot drivers: http://unrevoked.com/rootwiki/doku.p...driver_install

ADB:
Download Android SDK
The Following User Says Thank You to Lesicnik1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
bx19 Old
(Last edited by bx19; 19th June 2011 at 08:16 PM.)
#7  
Guest
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: n/a
@dannyjmcguinness
good to see it solved. Issue maybe due to gingerbreak supporting froyo.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Hooda_mask

What is ur os version. Have u downgraded to eclair without downgrading hboot (there is a process actually).
Maybe u also need the unrevoked hboot drivers. Uninstall htc sync if present.
http://unrevoked.com/rootwiki/doku.p...driver_install

Alternatively, irrespective of process, try to connect phone to pc in fastboot mode and check the command fastboot reboot from command prompt "tools folder" of android sdk (where fastboot.exe lies) and see whether phone reboots or not.
 
hans moleman
Old
#8  
hans moleman's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 146
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by nejc121 View Post
You need:

Unrevoked hboot drivers: http://unrevoked.com/rootwiki/doku.p...driver_install

ADB:
Download Android SDK
It is probably worth mentioning that these drivers are only required if you are using Windows. If you use the Linux version no additional drivers are needed.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App
 
chbiz
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 21
Join Date: Apr 2011
Well I don't know I'm lost ... been trying for several hours now ... with no success.

I'm running the UK Vodafone RRU.

Phone is detected AlphaRevX runs fine ... i.e.

This is a beta release and requires a beta release key.
Please visit: http://alpharev.nl/x/beta for more information.

Enter beta key [serial: xxxxxxxxxxx]: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Beta key accepted - thank you for participating!

Acquiring root (method 1)...
Sending in Caroline...
Cleaning up...
Rebooting to fastboot...
Waiting for fastboot...
When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back!

Rebooting to fastboot (again)...
Waiting for fastboot...
FAILED - Go have some lemonade!

Running HBOOT 1.01.0002

Tried patching a WWE RRU but get a "HBOOT versions wrong error".

Perhaps I need a downgrade or other solution.....

Anyone got any ideas? Or is this Vodafone ROM is dead duck?

Not tried with Linux yet .....

Thanks in advance.
 
fatsuzie
Old
#10  
fatsuzie's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 69
Posts: 170
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mipery View Post
Im kind of new to android and I would love to try this, but could some1 please first post or link me a guide wich tells me what to do after this alpharev X's s-off, if i would like to install cyanogenmod (and i guess clockwordmod recovery needs to be installed too)?
Here you go. I followed this.

Tags
alpharev, bootloader, hboot, root, s-off
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes