Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,274 Members 42,059 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is There a Word Wrap Fix in WP7? I'm Desperate!!

Tip us?

koolxx
Old
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Is There a Word Wrap Fix in WP7? I'm Desperate!!

i want to get a phone with wp7. but the only thing holding me back from buying one is that in wp7, you cant word wrap text in webpages when you zoom in. is there a fix for this? or will mango fix this issue?

hardcoreplur
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Why, if you double tap on a section of text it will zoom in to the proper area. If you need it bigger turn the phone to landscape.

dtboos
Old
Thanks Meter 62
There's no work on it yet. So for now, no word wrap is available. While nice to have, that wouldn't be something so big as to keep me off of a platform. If thats the only thing you desire, Android has word wrapping.

RoboDad
Old
(Last edited by RoboDad; 19th June 2011 at 07:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 87
When I first got my Focus, I thought that the lack of auto-wrapping zoomed text would be a big issue. But, as hardcoreplur said, if you double tap a region of text, it zooms it to exactly fit the width of the screen, and I have never had a case where it wasn't perfectly readable in that mode. In fact, I don't even think about it any more. I just instinctively double tap the text I want to read, and bam! I'm reading.

It's also cool that when you are zoomed like that, any flick of the screen that is even reasonably close to vertical is treated as a "locked" vertical-only scroll, so it follows the text perfectly.

koolxx
Old
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtboos View Post
There's no work on it yet. So for now, no word wrap is available. While nice to have, that wouldn't be something so big as to keep me off of a platform. If thats the only thing you desire, Android has word wrapping.
well thats the only thing thats keeping me from buying a wp7 phone. i know it may sound strange but thats me. i know android has it. i think i'll just get an android. its a shame though cuz andoid is much slower than wp7.

dtboos
Old
(Last edited by dtboos; 19th June 2011 at 08:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolxx View Post
well thats the only thing thats keeping me from buying a wp7 phone. i know it may sound strange but thats me. i know android has it. i think i'll just get an android. its a shame though cuz andoid is much slower than wp7.
Well whatever works for ya

And yes it does seem strange if you find a platform more appealing in speed, UI ect, but need word wrap and are willing to use a platform you like less just for that. It would be like using a BB, really liking another platform much better, but staying just because it has a red indicator light.

But again, its about using what you like. So enjoy, and hopefully MS addresses this so you can use wp7 in the future.

munkeyphyst
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Robodad never claimed that wp7 had "word wrap" and his description of the double tap to zoom and flick to scroll is dead on. I also have the Focus. Which wp7 device are you using koolxx, that it doesn't behave this way?

Sent from my SGH-i917 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe