Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more
Thread Closed

Is There a Word Wrap Fix in WP7? I'm Desperate!!

19th June 2011, 06:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 4

406 posts
i want to get a phone with wp7. but the only thing holding me back from buying one is that in wp7, you cant word wrap text in webpages when you zoom in. is there a fix for this? or will mango fix this issue?
19th June 2011, 06:57 PM   |  #2  
Flag naples, fl
Thanks Meter: 3

86 posts
More
Why, if you double tap on a section of text it will zoom in to the proper area. If you need it bigger turn the phone to landscape.
19th June 2011, 07:26 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 62

510 posts
There's no work on it yet. So for now, no word wrap is available. While nice to have, that wouldn't be something so big as to keep me off of a platform. If thats the only thing you desire, Android has word wrapping.
19th June 2011, 07:51 PM   |  #4  
Boise, ID
Thanks Meter: 87

845 posts
More
When I first got my Focus, I thought that the lack of auto-wrapping zoomed text would be a big issue. But, as hardcoreplur said, if you double tap a region of text, it zooms it to exactly fit the width of the screen, and I have never had a case where it wasn't perfectly readable in that mode. In fact, I don't even think about it any more. I just instinctively double tap the text I want to read, and bam! I'm reading.

It's also cool that when you are zoomed like that, any flick of the screen that is even reasonably close to vertical is treated as a "locked" vertical-only scroll, so it follows the text perfectly.
Last edited by RoboDad; 19th June 2011 at 07:54 PM.
19th June 2011, 08:24 PM   |  #5  
OP Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 4

406 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtboos

There's no work on it yet. So for now, no word wrap is available. While nice to have, that wouldn't be something so big as to keep me off of a platform. If thats the only thing you desire, Android has word wrapping.

well thats the only thing thats keeping me from buying a wp7 phone. i know it may sound strange but thats me. i know android has it. i think i'll just get an android. its a shame though cuz andoid is much slower than wp7.
19th June 2011, 08:27 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 62

510 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolxx

well thats the only thing thats keeping me from buying a wp7 phone. i know it may sound strange but thats me. i know android has it. i think i'll just get an android. its a shame though cuz andoid is much slower than wp7.

Well whatever works for ya

And yes it does seem strange if you find a platform more appealing in speed, UI ect, but need word wrap and are willing to use a platform you like less just for that. It would be like using a BB, really liking another platform much better, but staying just because it has a red indicator light.

But again, its about using what you like. So enjoy, and hopefully MS addresses this so you can use wp7 in the future.
Last edited by dtboos; 19th June 2011 at 08:35 PM.
19th June 2011, 09:16 PM   |  #7  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 72

625 posts
More
Robodad never claimed that wp7 had "word wrap" and his description of the double tap to zoom and flick to scroll is dead on. I also have the Focus. Which wp7 device are you using koolxx, that it doesn't behave this way?

Sent from my SGH-i917 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread