Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,560 Members 53,612 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Which Display do you have?
Sharp 623 47.63%
AUO 660 50.46%
Other 25 1.91%
Voters: 1308. You may not vote on this poll

Confirmed: The Sensation LCD Screen is made by two manufacturers - PICS ADDED

Tip us?

erto90
Old
Thanks Meter 675

DONATE TO ME
Panel Type = PANEL_ID_PYD_SHARP
I'm fine then
Sent by another world called Tasso

Siyah, Perseus and Boeffla/Yank555.lu SOUND thread
-----------------------------------------------------
Please support our electronic music project!!
-----------------------------------------------------
How to Lock Every Apps in Memory

negreenfield
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Just got a Sensation 4G as a replacement for my wife's Mytouch 4G that kept dropping calls. I have to say the Sensation's screen looks like the first Mytough 4G my wife got, the bad one. I was hoping this was similar with the MT4G in that there was a "good" version since the "good" version of the MT4G was way better since I have a MT4G with the "good" screen. Oh well. It's still nice but I was a bit disappointed the way it feels washed out compared to the ultrabright MT4G screen.

I'll try to get the screen type when I get a chance but so far she doesn't notice the screen being any worse and enjoys the phone so I don't plan on saying anything to her.

abstractsimon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have an AUO, no ghosting or flickering as others have mentioned. Viewing angles are really good. Is there a link to a good comparison? I don't fancy trawling through the 139 pages of this thread but am interested to see/hear what the differences are.

GazaIan
Old
Thanks Meter 414

DONATE TO ME
Wait, the one by Acer is considered the bad one? I looked through the pictures in the Picasa album before checking my screen so I couldn't make any biased judgement, and the one on the left looked better, which according to the OP, is the one manufactured by Acer. IMO colors looked deeper and richer on that one.

Just so happens, I have the one from Acer, the one I consider to be the better looking one (thank God). Which one do you all consider bad? o.O
Google Nexus 4
LG G Watch
OUYA

HTC Sensation
HTC myTouch 4G
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
The Following User Says Thank You to GazaIan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vinamilk
Old
Thanks Meter 49
IMO AUO screen is better than Sharp. Mine is from AUO.

V1k70r
Old
Thanks Meter 89
I've got the AUO one, but since I orderd a new screen (this one has a dead pixel) I may get the Sharp.

I don't know if the Acer owners got the same problem as I got, but my screen has some serious ghosting issues. Sometimes a trail of about half a centimeter appears behind objects on the screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazaIan View Post
Wait, the one by Acer is considered the bad one? I looked through the pictures in the Picasa album before checking my screen so I couldn't make any biased judgement, and the one on the left looked better, which according to the OP, is the one manufactured by Acer. IMO colors looked deeper and richer on that one.

Just so happens, I have the one from Acer, the one I consider to be the better looking one (thank God). Which one do you all consider bad? o.O
Just look at the third and the last picture. The Sharp panel may not have as rich colours as the Acer, they are more natural like. The Acer panel turns a bit pink at white parts, and the blue colours are baaad.
GOOGLE NEXUS 5 16GB
Bootloader: Unlocked
Recovery: Team Win Recovery Project 2.7.0.0

Previous devices:
HTC Sensation

alexs1mmo
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I had a sensation xe with an auo screen.

The screen is perfect until I move text or scroll through settings and app draw. I get horrendous ghosting and really cannot bear it anymore! I had the phone for 3 days and came from a HTC desire which had a lovely screen! Returned and waiting for a galaxy nexus which hopefully will be much better.

liamstears
Old
Thanks Meter 1,495

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1k70r View Post
I've got the AUO one, but since I orderd a new screen (this one has a dead pixel) I may get the Sharp.

I don't know if the Acer owners got the same problem as I got, but my screen has some serious ghosting issues. Sometimes a trail of about half a centimeter appears behind objects on the screen.

Just look at the third and the last picture. The Sharp panel may not have as rich colours as the Acer, they are more natural like. The Acer panel turns a bit pink at white parts, and the blue colours are baaad.
The Sharp has much more realistic and natural colors compared to the acer, acer is too "rich" and just doesn't look right as well as the ghosting etc

Go Sharp! lol
UK HTC One XL 32gb - Venom ViperXL!

One XL Venom Theme Animation

Sensation Venom Theme Animation
Sensation Theme Animation
DHD Theme Animation
Old Thread - XDA Forum Link

Please Donate $

My name is Liam Stears, username is liamstears, im not laim or liamsters or liamstars or limestears, please check you use my name right...

V1k70r
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by liamstears View Post
The Sharp has much more realistic and natural colors compared to the acer, acer is too "rich" and just doesn't look right as well as the ghosting etc

Go Sharp! lol
But... That's exactly what I said.
GOOGLE NEXUS 5 16GB
Bootloader: Unlocked
Recovery: Team Win Recovery Project 2.7.0.0

Previous devices:
HTC Sensation

liamstears
Old
Thanks Meter 1,495

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1k70r View Post
But... That's exactly what I said.
Just agreeing with you buddy
UK HTC One XL 32gb - Venom ViperXL!

One XL Venom Theme Animation

Sensation Venom Theme Animation
Sensation Theme Animation
DHD Theme Animation
Old Thread - XDA Forum Link

Please Donate $

My name is Liam Stears, username is liamstears, im not laim or liamsters or liamstars or limestears, please check you use my name right...