View Poll Results: Which Display do you have?
Sharp 623 47.56%
AUO 661 50.46%
Other 26 1.98%
Voters: 1310. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply

Confirmed: The Sensation LCD Screen is made by two manufacturers - PICS ADDED

OP graffixnyc

15th February 2012, 08:46 PM   |  #1381  
erto90's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Firenze ( Florence )
Thanks Meter: 676
 
3,087 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Donate to Me
More
Panel Type = PANEL_ID_PYD_SHARP
I'm fine then
17th February 2012, 02:59 PM   |  #1382  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
476 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Just got a Sensation 4G as a replacement for my wife's Mytouch 4G that kept dropping calls. I have to say the Sensation's screen looks like the first Mytough 4G my wife got, the bad one. I was hoping this was similar with the MT4G in that there was a "good" version since the "good" version of the MT4G was way better since I have a MT4G with the "good" screen. Oh well. It's still nice but I was a bit disappointed the way it feels washed out compared to the ultrabright MT4G screen.

I'll try to get the screen type when I get a chance but so far she doesn't notice the screen being any worse and enjoys the phone so I don't plan on saying anything to her.
17th February 2012, 04:00 PM   |  #1383  
Junior Member
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
I have an AUO, no ghosting or flickering as others have mentioned. Viewing angles are really good. Is there a link to a good comparison? I don't fancy trawling through the 139 pages of this thread but am interested to see/hear what the differences are.
25th February 2012, 08:43 AM   |  #1384  
GazaIan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Your basement
Thanks Meter: 414
 
1,534 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Wait, the one by Acer is considered the bad one? I looked through the pictures in the Picasa album before checking my screen so I couldn't make any biased judgement, and the one on the left looked better, which according to the OP, is the one manufactured by Acer. IMO colors looked deeper and richer on that one.

Just so happens, I have the one from Acer, the one I consider to be the better looking one (thank God). Which one do you all consider bad? o.O
The Following User Says Thank You to GazaIan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th February 2012, 10:55 AM   |  #1385  
vinamilk's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 49
 
312 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
IMO AUO screen is better than Sharp. Mine is from AUO.
27th February 2012, 01:46 PM   |  #1386  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 89
 
258 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
I've got the AUO one, but since I orderd a new screen (this one has a dead pixel) I may get the Sharp.

I don't know if the Acer owners got the same problem as I got, but my screen has some serious ghosting issues. Sometimes a trail of about half a centimeter appears behind objects on the screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazaIan

Wait, the one by Acer is considered the bad one? I looked through the pictures in the Picasa album before checking my screen so I couldn't make any biased judgement, and the one on the left looked better, which according to the OP, is the one manufactured by Acer. IMO colors looked deeper and richer on that one.

Just so happens, I have the one from Acer, the one I consider to be the better looking one (thank God). Which one do you all consider bad? o.O

Just look at the third and the last picture. The Sharp panel may not have as rich colours as the Acer, they are more natural like. The Acer panel turns a bit pink at white parts, and the blue colours are baaad.
27th February 2012, 02:05 PM   |  #1387  
Junior Member
Flag Southampton
Thanks Meter: 2
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
I had a sensation xe with an auo screen.

The screen is perfect until I move text or scroll through settings and app draw. I get horrendous ghosting and really cannot bear it anymore! I had the phone for 3 days and came from a HTC desire which had a lovely screen! Returned and waiting for a galaxy nexus which hopefully will be much better.
27th February 2012, 02:24 PM   |  #1388  
liamstears's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kent
Thanks Meter: 1,498
 
1,992 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1k70r

I've got the AUO one, but since I orderd a new screen (this one has a dead pixel) I may get the Sharp.

I don't know if the Acer owners got the same problem as I got, but my screen has some serious ghosting issues. Sometimes a trail of about half a centimeter appears behind objects on the screen.



Just look at the third and the last picture. The Sharp panel may not have as rich colours as the Acer, they are more natural like. The Acer panel turns a bit pink at white parts, and the blue colours are baaad.

The Sharp has much more realistic and natural colors compared to the acer, acer is too "rich" and just doesn't look right as well as the ghosting etc

Go Sharp! lol
28th February 2012, 12:27 PM   |  #1389  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 89
 
258 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by liamstears

The Sharp has much more realistic and natural colors compared to the acer, acer is too "rich" and just doesn't look right as well as the ghosting etc

Go Sharp! lol

But... That's exactly what I said.
28th February 2012, 12:37 PM   |  #1390  
liamstears's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kent
Thanks Meter: 1,498
 
1,992 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1k70r

But... That's exactly what I said.

Just agreeing with you buddy

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes