Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,051 Members 53,691 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Fail to mount/unmount device storage card...

Tip us?

seatown1two
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Fail to mount/unmount device storage card...

When I try to use HTC sync to sync files, it displays this message after I press the sync now button. Is my sensation defective??

seatown1two
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
PS... I've tried messing around with USB debugging unfortunately it does nothing..

FrameworkTraining
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I get this too, I think it's because the phone has to place the storage under control of the windows app for it to be able to sync files etc (yet it doesn't become available as a windows drive). It's one of the very few things I preferred about winmo on my HD2).
Framework Training - Android & iPhone training courses in the UK and worldwide...please get in touch if you'd like a chat about training up your software developers

seatown1two
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I don't understand why HTC would create this piece of crap software that we can't even use... I just tested on both of my computers (one running windows vista 32bit the other windows 7 64bit). On my windows 7 comp it displays the error after u press sync now. Vista comp it syncs nothing after pressing sync now.

xnifex
Old
Thanks Meter 164
What are you trying to sync? If it's files, just mount as a disk drive. If it's contacts/calendars I suggest using MyPhoneExplorer. Free app that can sync over USB/wifi/bluetooth. It syncs much better than HTC Sync does. Only think I've found wrong is it doesn't support the syncing of anniversaries.
https://market.android.com/details?i...xplorer.client
http://www.fjsoft.at/en/
Samsung e315 > HTC MDA > HTC Kaiser > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC HD2 > HTC Sensation > Nexus 4
The Following User Says Thank You to xnifex For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bduerr
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I found this problem too but when i switched off Blue Tooth it started to work correctly . . . .

jerbarton
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I was having this same issue and here's what I did to fix it.

When you get the error:

Look in the system tray for the eject safely icon. Mine always showed it had mounted the sdcard from some reason. Safely eject the sdcard.

On the phone where it says change connection type make sure it's HTC Sync and click the "Don't ask again" box. This is important because if yours defaults to Disk Drive, Windows will mount your sdcard and HTC Sync will continue to fail.

Press "DISCONNECT" on HTC Sync

unplug usb cable.

Right click on the HTC Sync icon in the system tray and choose "Exit."
I always wait 30 sec just in case to let a program shut down completely.

Start HTC Sync from the Start Menu.

Plug in the phone.

Now it should work.

It did it again after I added bookmarks to be synchronized and repeating this worked.

Hope that helps

(Mine is an HTC Evo 3D but it should be the same for any HTC device.)
Phone: Evo 3D
ROM: Stock
Twitter: @chickenfudge
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jerbarton For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thefsfempire
Old
Thanks Meter 96
I use SwitchPro Widget to unmount/mount my SD card. Maybe it will help you as a workaround?
Shawn

Moto X (16GB; Black)
Carrier: AT&T
ROM: Stock (Do we have a choice?)

Nexus 7 (16GB; 2nd Gen)
ROM: Stock

dtgambia
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Thank It Worked

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerbarton View Post
I was having this same issue and here's what I did to fix it.

When you get the error:

Look in the system tray for the eject safely icon. Mine always showed it had mounted the sdcard from some reason. Safely eject the sdcard.

On the phone where it says change connection type make sure it's HTC Sync and click the "Don't ask again" box. This is important because if yours defaults to Disk Drive, Windows will mount your sdcard and HTC Sync will continue to fail.

Press "DISCONNECT" on HTC Sync

unplug usb cable.

Right click on the HTC Sync icon in the system tray and choose "Exit."
I always wait 30 sec just in case to let a program shut down completely.

Start HTC Sync from the Start Menu.

Plug in the phone.

Now it should work.

It did it again after I added bookmarks to be synchronized and repeating this worked.

Hope that helps

(Mine is an HTC Evo 3D but it should be the same for any HTC device.)
Thanks a lot. I was just about to call T-mobile and complain about getting a defective phone. Its been a couple days of sitting in front of my computer and wondering wtf is going on. I have a Samsung Sensation and after doing what you said it started working. Thanks.

Hgaara
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Are you using a kernal that is known to have PC connection issues?