Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,642 Members 44,218 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Please recommend a car mount

Tip us?
 
solidsnake66
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 39
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default Please recommend a car mount

Can someone recommend a good car mount for the Streak 7 with an Otterbox commuter case on it? I would love to mount the things behind the steering wheel in my Saturn Ion.
 
Z4nd4r
Old
#2  
Z4nd4r's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 63
Posts: 486
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Colorado Springs
Don't know if this will fit with the Otterbox case, but this one's the generic for the S7 (don't think there's a purpose built one):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...d=242450268199
 
solidsnake66
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 39
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4nd4r View Post
Don't know if this will fit with the Otterbox case, but this one's the generic for the S7 (don't think there's a purpose built one):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...d=242450268199
I was looking at this. Has anyone used it before with the Dell Streak 7? I'm just worried the tablet will be in my way too much because the arm on that mount looks short.
 
dcthornton
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 33
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
I've been fond of the SlipGrip car mounts. I currently use one for my Streak 5 with an Otterbox Defender case, and I plan to buy one for my newly acquired Streak 7.

Here's a link to their car mount for the Streak 7 w/Otterbox Commuter case:
http://is.gd/e1eafg
Hardware:
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (VZW)
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 SCH-I925 (VZW)
  • Motorola Xoom (VZW LTE)
 
sonjohn1
Old
(Last edited by sonjohn1; 26th June 2011 at 10:33 PM.)
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 123
Join Date: Aug 2010
Scosche dashDock for tablets looks pretty nice. I just ordered one. I'll report back when I get it. $29.00 + $6.50 for delivery direct from Scosche web site.

http://www.scosche.com/consumer-tech/product/2014

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using XDA Premium App
 
cdzo72
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 776
Posts: 2,627
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Heredia

 
DONATE TO ME
I've been looking for a mount that will hold the 7 between the headrests of the front seats... anybody used anything like that so far?
 
HP TouchPad 32gb
Unofficial CM11

Samsung Galaxy S IV i9505 - Omega ROM v30 NE5
Ktoonsez Kernel
 
solidsnake66
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 39
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcthornton View Post
I've been fond of the SlipGrip car mounts. I currently use one for my Streak 5 with an Otterbox Defender case, and I plan to buy one for my newly acquired Streak 7.

Here's a link to their car mount for the Streak 7 w/Otterbox Commuter case:
http://is.gd/e1eafg
This looks like a great car dock. I would really like to see some pics if you did purchase it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonjohn1 View Post
Scosche dashDock for tablets looks pretty nice. I just ordered one. I'll report back when I get it. $29.00 + $6.50 for delivery direct from Scosche web site.

http://www.scosche.com/consumer-tech/product/2014

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using XDA Premium App
Did you ever get this? If you did please report back on it. Thank!


I just got a bluetooth OBDII adapter to use with Torque so now I'm really itching to get a car mount.
I also found this, which looks interesting considering it's only $20 shipped:

Navitech Firm Grip 360 degree Adjustable Mount Cradle

Has anyone picked one of these up?
 
SteveDusa
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 135
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: LAX
CAREFUL, that SlipGrip car docks are only the docks, no case is included.
 
solidsnake66
Old
#9  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 39
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDusa View Post
CAREFUL, that SlipGrip car docks are only the docks, no case is included.
I alrady have a case. I'm just looking for a dock that will work with the case. I'm not rushing into getting one. I would rather get some feedback from someone who has one first.
 
SteveDusa
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 135
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: LAX
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake66 View Post
I alrady have a case. I'm just looking for a dock that will work with the case. I'm not rushing into getting one. I would rather get some feedback from someone who has one first.
I just got the SlipGrip dock for using with Commuter. It's great quality to be honest. Holds the Streak very tight and offers flexible adjustments.

The suction cup holds very well and tight. It might take you a bit to get the perfect position in the car.

I will snap some photos later today.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes