[Q] Frozen AT&T Samsung Captivate
1. I have a AT&T Samsung Captivate and it was modded with CyanogenMod 7 for the past few months. Everything has been working fine until last night when I tried to update to a more recent nightly. Long story short, my phone is now frozen. Meaning, when I power it on it stays on the AT&T World Phone start screen.
2. Yes, I've searched for other threads for a solution but can't find any that resolves my issue.
3. Yes, I tried to boot into Recovery mode. When I hold down the two volume buttons and the power button, the screen powers up like normal and the AT&T World screen flashes three times. Then I release the buttons but instead of going into the recovery screen it just stays on the AT&T screen.
4. Yes, I have that thing that goes into the USB port and forces the phone into Download mode and it does but it stays on that screen indefinitely.
5. I have to remove the battery to get out of each of the scenarios above.
6. I'd like to simply get back to Stock mode so I can wipe everything from my phone and start from scratch.
Anyone up to helping out a desperate, unemployed father of two who needs his phone desperately to look for work?