OP phoophan@gmail.com

21st June 2011, 11:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
More
Howdy,

1. I have a AT&T Samsung Captivate and it was modded with CyanogenMod 7 for the past few months. Everything has been working fine until last night when I tried to update to a more recent nightly. Long story short, my phone is now frozen. Meaning, when I power it on it stays on the AT&T World Phone start screen.

2. Yes, I've searched for other threads for a solution but can't find any that resolves my issue.

3. Yes, I tried to boot into Recovery mode. When I hold down the two volume buttons and the power button, the screen powers up like normal and the AT&T World screen flashes three times. Then I release the buttons but instead of going into the recovery screen it just stays on the AT&T screen.

4. Yes, I have that thing that goes into the USB port and forces the phone into Download mode and it does but it stays on that screen indefinitely.

5. I have to remove the battery to get out of each of the scenarios above.

6. I'd like to simply get back to Stock mode so I can wipe everything from my phone and start from scratch.

Anyone up to helping out a desperate, unemployed father of two who needs his phone desperately to look for work?

Thank you!
21st June 2011, 11:43 PM   |  #2  
Flag St.Louis Metro
Thanks Meter: 629

1,163 posts
Donate to Me
More
First, since this is a question is should have posted in the Q&A section.

Second, if you can get into download mode then you can recover via Odin or Heimdall

Just be careful depending on which bootloaders you have on your device.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1134443
The Following User Says Thank You to Red_81 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st June 2011, 11:46 PM   |  #3  
Flag None
Thanks Meter: 774

1,222 posts
If you can get to download mode, that's great - you should be in luck (btw, it's supposed to stay on the download screen indefinitely).

First, go here and get the one-click back to stock Odin.

Once you have it, get into download mode, fire up odin, and plug in your phone. Assuming you see a yellow COM:4 (or similar) message, you should be good to go.
The Following User Says Thank You to jmtheiss For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st June 2011, 11:47 PM   |  #4  
Flag None

1,222 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_81

First, since this is a question is should have posted in the Q&A section.

Second, if you can get into download mode then you can recover via Odin or Heimdall

Just be careful depending on which bootloaders you have on your device.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1134443

Be careful - that link takes you to the odin with 3-button fix - if you flash that first, you could end up in a bad place.

Generally you should only flash the 3-button fix after going back to complete stock with the odin one-click to stock, and only if you need to repair a nonfunctional 3-button setup.
The Following User Says Thank You to jmtheiss For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st June 2011, 11:57 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 682

1,539 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmtheiss

Be careful - that link takes you to the odin with 3-button fix - if you flash that first, you could end up in a bad place.

Generally you should only flash the 3-button fix after going back to complete stock with the odin one-click to stock, and only if you need to repair a nonfunctional 3-button setup.

Yes I know I say that in the post, that you CANNOT flash the 3 Button Fixed Odin straight from GB Bootloaders.

YOU MUST flash Odin One Click first to get the Eclair Bootloaders, then that 3 Button Fixed JF6 to get your combo back for the unlucky people that lose it like me.

But on the thread note please stay with me, I posted the thread and the MegaUpload said it should only be another 10 minutes, then bad weather came through my area and froze the download link.

The download link for the full JF6 3 Button Fixed.tar file should be up in about an hour.

Sorry for the inconvenience
The Following User Says Thank You to Dlev7 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd June 2011, 06:52 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
More
Talking Thank You ! ! !
Guys,

Thank you all for sharing your knowledge that allowed me to fix my issue. I'm all set and running again in stock. You guys rock!!!

Best regards.
22nd June 2011, 07:01 AM   |  #7  
Flag None

1,222 posts
That's great to hear. Good luck on the job hunt.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cyanogen, frozen
Previous Thread Next Thread