Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,782 Members 45,899 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Facebook Contacts not Linking after Gingerbread Update!!

Tip us?

rebel_doll
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Facebook Contacts not Linking after Gingerbread Update!!

Sense the update for Gingerbread, my HTC EVO will not link my contacts with their Facebook profile. I click link, then their Facebook profile and then Done, the wheel spins for a sec then returns to the contact screen, and it didn't link. I can do it a hundred times and it won't link.

I have done it all from rebooting, battery pull, update Facebook profile Work and Education, sign of of Facebook and log back in, stop all running Facebook apps, removed cache. Anything I can think of. Also, the **** is slower now, freaks out and will freeze when someone calls and the touch screen won't work, or while I am on the phone, have to click everything twice to get a app to open and of coarse the Netflix bull****.

Please help!!

dirkyd3rk
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 334
Word on the street is linking Facebook contacts is a thing of the past. I heard that its google/HTC is going to stop at 2.3 or maybe it has already; Then again I could have read some complete BS.

mattykinsx
Old
Thanks Meter 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkyd3rk View Post
Word on the street is linking Facebook contacts is a thing of the past. I heard that its google/HTC is going to stop at 2.3 or maybe it has already; Then again I could have read some complete BS.
What would be the point?
R.I.P. Dad 05/04/56 - 04/21/11

dirkyd3rk
Old
Thanks Meter 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattykinsx View Post
What would be the point?
I can't find the 2011 article that I read not long ago but I found an older one. They're killing linking for some reasons I didn't pay attention to as I don't use fb anyways. Couple months ago I saw it on pulse app but I don't remember which site it was.

dirkyd3rk
Old
Thanks Meter 334
http://m.androidcentral.com/google-r...yncing-nexus-s

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2011/02...-androids-tos/

mattykinsx
Old
Thanks Meter 854
I get what they're saying but the only people that suffer are the users.
R.I.P. Dad 05/04/56 - 04/21/11
The Following User Says Thank You to mattykinsx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dirkyd3rk
Old
Thanks Meter 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattykinsx View Post
I get what they're saying but the only people that suffer are the users.
Yeah that sucks for them, I also read that with new updates on sense, blur, etc Google is forcing them to pull the feature on future updates; so maybe that's whats going on with OP but idk.
The Following User Says Thank You to dirkyd3rk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rebel_doll
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Talking Fixed!!

I got it going. I simply went to the contacts that wouldn't link one by one, delete all info but phone number and name, some even edit phone numbers with dashes, then save, then click "Link", select Facebook profile then save. All of them going again. Thanks guys for the URLs, got some helpful tips and ideas.

Tags
contacts., facebook, htc evo, link, sprint

TRENDING IN THEMER...