[Kernel-OC/UV] Infusion Kernel 1.8 Faster Fusion with more sound!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bedwa

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 5, 2008
Springfield IL
AS always, the disclaimer: I'm not responsible for what you do to your phone. You are here, you know what you're getting into.

Built on a Modified version of the Community Voodoo Kernel v7, thus having all the benefits of that kernel, I have added OC/UV to 1.8 with stock speeds (no OC/UV app) at 1.0.
Insecure boot. (adb shell with root privliges)

certifiedicon.png

Features-
All that is currently in Community Kernel v7
-OC/UV to 1.8 with Voltage Control or Set CPU.
Insecure boot (Root in ADB shell)
Upgraded Voodoo Sound to v10

Planned features-
-Planned oc/uv to ??? (Until I feel we can't take it!)
-bfq scheduler
-tinyrcu
-possible BLN.
-You tell me!

Below are my zips, one with the Odin tar in it and the other with the CWM zip. Git's at my hub in my new Sig line.

And great shout outs to gtg465x , excaliburinhand for his encouragement, existz for his kernel patch for i9000 which I based alot of my code on, supercurio for his Voodoo project as always and xan for his voltage app. (search the market for it. It's sweet!)

A special thanks to both drowningchild and entropy512 who both have pushed contributions to this kernel. Don't forget to thank them too!

And one final note. If for some reason you don't have an init.d folder in your /etc folder, make one with root explorer or ADB (first is SO much easier). Voltage settings will NOT stick if you don't.

Jul 12th PSA, Please read.

State of the Kernel 7/17 Edition

Odin Infusion 1.0
CWM Infusion 1.0

Properly working 1.5.1/2 here.

Please see attachment below.

Tips
If you need to download Voltage control or a mini guide on OCing and UVing, see _13's post here, and Entropy512's common sense suggestions here.

Change Log:
2.0:
Go Here.

1.8:
OC to 1.8 GHz
Voodoo Sound v10
update to 2010q1 toolchain
Discontinuation of Odin tar. If you need it either tar it yourself in linux or download tar for OSX or Tar for Windows as I have on my home PC.
(to tell if you have 1.8, use BogoMIPS or CPUspy, the time will be Jul 10 19:51:59 CDT 2011)

1.5.3:
Revert to what 1.5.1 was supposed to be. Here.

Slight mod to speedmod, due to video buffering and benchmark issues.

1.5.1:
Speedmod
Working UV

1.5:
Added 1.5, 1.6, and 900 MHz frequencies, changed 1120 to 1100 (it bugged me...)
Without voltage or setcpu, default is now ondemand gov and stock frequencies. (100, 200, 400, 800, 1000, 1200)

One HUGE thing: I've noticed others helping out, I want to give a shout out to those who help. I have been hitting the thanks button for those who have been fielding questions when I'm not here, I would hope that everyone else is doing the same. :) After all, we're here to share our knowledge and gain more right? (plus get some cool stuff in the process :p )

Insanity Crew:
or those who have fueled my insanity.
crazynfo
gb96
Unknown #1
2sl0w
ookba
motumbo
(If you're not here yet, either the info hasn't went through yet, or I don't know who donated what.... Feel free to drop me a line. ;) )

Attachments

• Kernel.zip
    7.5 MB · Views: 2,411
  • Infusion1.8.zip
    7.5 MB · Views: 8,209
Last edited:

bedwa

Oct 5, 2008
Springfield IL
Fixed zip is uploading as Kernel.zip. Flash without signature or assertions on. (flashing in Red CWM)

If having any other flashing errors, please mention the CWM version (green or red) that you are using.

Last edited:

bedwa

Oct 5, 2008
Springfield IL
Search "voltage control" in android market or yaam. It works just as well and you can set specific frequencies as well. ;)

bryanb86

Jun 19, 2011
Running bionix 2.1. Got it set at 14 with setcpu. Smooth so far! thank you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App

Ltilt2

Sep 1, 2010
Los Angeles
Using voltage control @ 1.4 so far no problems but it seems to work the same as the defused kernel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App

DevilDogAK

Oct 4, 2009
Juneau, AK
Wow! just when i thought my phone couldn't get any better after installing infused 1.5. I really noticed the increased speed when i opened gallery to view my pics the thumbnails loaded with a quickness. Thank you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AS always, the disclaimer: I'm not responsible for what you do to your phone. You are here, you know what you're getting into.

Built on a Modified version of the Community Voodoo Kernel v7, thus having all the benefits of that kernel, I have added OC/UV to 1.8 with stock speeds (no OC/UV app) at 1.0.
    Insecure boot. (adb shell with root privliges)

certifiedicon.png

Features-
    All that is currently in Community Kernel v7
    -OC/UV to 1.8 with Voltage Control or Set CPU.
    Insecure boot (Root in ADB shell)
    Upgraded Voodoo Sound to v10

Planned features-
    -Planned oc/uv to ??? (Until I feel we can't take it!)
    -bfq scheduler
    -tinyrcu
    -possible BLN.
    -You tell me!

Below are my zips, one with the Odin tar in it and the other with the CWM zip. Git's at my hub in my new Sig line.

And great shout outs to gtg465x , excaliburinhand for his encouragement, existz for his kernel patch for i9000 which I based alot of my code on, supercurio for his Voodoo project as always and xan for his voltage app. (search the market for it. It's sweet!)

A special thanks to both drowningchild and entropy512 who both have pushed contributions to this kernel. Don't forget to thank them too!

And one final note. If for some reason you don't have an init.d folder in your /etc folder, make one with root explorer or ADB (first is SO much easier). Voltage settings will NOT stick if you don't.

Jul 12th PSA, Please read.

State of the Kernel 7/17 Edition

Odin Infusion 1.0
    CWM Infusion 1.0

Properly working 1.5.1/2 here.

Please see attachment below.

Tips
    If you need to download Voltage control or a mini guide on OCing and UVing, see _13's post here, and Entropy512's common sense suggestions here.

Change Log:
    2.0:
    Go Here.

1.8:
    OC to 1.8 GHz
    Voodoo Sound v10
    update to 2010q1 toolchain
    Discontinuation of Odin tar. If you need it either tar it yourself in linux or download tar for OSX or Tar for Windows as I have on my home PC.
    (to tell if you have 1.8, use BogoMIPS or CPUspy, the time will be Jul 10 19:51:59 CDT 2011)

1.5.3:
    Revert to what 1.5.1 was supposed to be. Here.

Slight mod to speedmod, due to video buffering and benchmark issues.

1.5.1:
    Speedmod
    Working UV

1.5:
    Added 1.5, 1.6, and 900 MHz frequencies, changed 1120 to 1100 (it bugged me...)
    Without voltage or setcpu, default is now ondemand gov and stock frequencies. (100, 200, 400, 800, 1000, 1200)

One HUGE thing: I've noticed others helping out, I want to give a shout out to those who help. I have been hitting the thanks button for those who have been fielding questions when I'm not here, I would hope that everyone else is doing the same. :) After all, we're here to share our knowledge and gain more right? (plus get some cool stuff in the process :p )

Insanity Crew:
    or those who have fueled my insanity.
    crazynfo
    gb96
    Unknown #1
    2sl0w
    ookba
    motumbo
    (If you're not here yet, either the info hasn't went through yet, or I don't know who donated what.... Feel free to drop me a line. ;) )
    if i understood any of what you're going through i'm sure i would appreciate it a hell of a lot more. all i know is that this phone came to kick ass and chew bubble gum. and it's all outta gum! i would not be as happy as i am with this phone, were it not for yours and other dev's hard efforts.

Thank you, that means alot to me....

Continuing on, I'm rewriting all the clocks for the frequencies as we speak. I've done all the calculations, and am getting ready to type up the clocks soon. Part of why the original code worked as samsung had it and went to 200 steps from 200 on was to sync all the clocks with each other. I have rewritten what I plan the freq steps to be. With 2.0 hopefully these will be the steps (as long as they are stable.)
    250, 500, 750, 1000, 1250, 1500, 1750 and 2000

This will allow us to overclock the system bus (which controls both the step variable of the CPU and the main GPU speed) from 200 MHz to 250 MHz, along with upping another bus from 100 to 125. In addition the graphics busses that ran at 40 MHz in the stock will be running at 50 MHz. If it doesn't work, I'll revert to stock figures and calculate the correct increases from there. ;)

I'll make it work. I'm stubborn like that. :p
    I'm working on the FFC at this moment, I'm reverting the Speedmod changes, but I have found that tinkering elsewhere with the memory settings (primarily increasing) has made it smoother while testing 1.7GHz so far, moving on to 1.8, but I want to resolve the FFC on the current branch first. (took 1.5 hours off excused time, despite time and a half cause I want to get it done for you guys....)
    No problem. That's why I'm here. ;)

Warning, shameless plug ahead!:
    Don't forget the thanks button for all who help you and if you want to fuel my insanity, feel free to hit my link below. It's never required, but always appreciated. ;)
    On the question of voltages holding or not, I'll look into that and let you guys know what I find out. I'm also tweaking the voltages with each kernel to help out with battery power as it is. I'll re-look over my UV code to make sure I've got it setup right....

(in the process of fixing my remote as it is. I seemed to have removed something and made it so that any kernel I compile is 2 MB smaller than previous. I'm re-basing my kernel and readding the files that changed... should have it fixed soon, but it's infuriating as it is.... Urg.....)